• stat_sys_battery_100.png
    stat_sys_battery_100.png
    581 bytes · Views: 420

sombionix

Retired Forum Mod
Nov 20, 2009
Salt Lake City, UT
Sombionix,

Do you think that using an app like the one below would work with disabling/enabling voodoo on your rom? If it does, it would make it a lot easier for those that are newer at modding and using a voodoo lagfix.

http://www.androidzoom.com/android_applications/tools/voodoo-toggle-reboot-button_ncth.html

Not sure, but to be honest, the enable/disable lagfix option which is located directly in clockwork recovery is pretty straight forward and incredibly easy to use.

javacody

Aug 30, 2009
Des Moines
Not sure, but to be honest, the enable/disable lagfix option which is located directly in clockwork recovery is pretty straight forward and incredibly easy to use.

It really is. If someone cannot manage this, they probably shouldn't be installing a custom ROM. Seriously. If that is you, please do us all a favor and leave these forums and never come back. You will only end up breaking your phone and being extremely unhappy. No offense.

jdanisevich

I haven't had an issue with the setup wizard, personally, but I'll definitely look into it. As for the mms, just tested it again, pictures are sending fine, as are standard messages. Seems to have only been reported by 1 person so far. Possible file corruption during flash, which can happen fairly easily when flashing custom roms. I always suggest a reboot, if that doesn't resolve it, then download the rom again and reflash.

The setup wizard worked fine for me in v1 but in v2-3 it skips from step 1-3. Someone mentioned if you set it to landscape you can get to step 2. Glad to hear MMS works properly. Overall I'm very impressed with this ROM, thanks for all the hard work!

rexrbgh

Jul 16, 2010
Hey can anyone report on battery life. Running Nero V2 I have trouble making it half way through the day. Any changes on this front that you've noticed with Nero V3?

Sent from my SGH-T959 using XDA App

manjish

Jan 26, 2010
This is fast.got 14.199 in linpack. 1566 in quadrant. Whatever those benchmarks say.this is super smooth.thanks team whiskey.

Waiting for full gb port now hehe.supercurio is THE MAN

Sent from my SGH-T959 using Tapatalk

draven806

May 3, 2010
Lubbock
Has anybody who flashed the "non finished " v3 from the v2 thread flashed this v3 yet? And if so was there any noticeable differences?

Vibrant Nero v3 + voodoo 5

VICosPhi

Aug 2, 2010
Phoenix
thanks sombionix, this ROM is awesome... I LOVE the boot animation...the best one I've seen yet ;)
I don't have Voodoo enabled due to battery life problem but even without voodoo the ROM is super snappy!

Mattymat

Nov 28, 2010
Philadelphia, PA
Definitely not me as I've been modding phones for the past year, on a motorola cliq and now a vibrant (running axura 2.1). I was simply asking if it was an option because sometimes there are multiple ways of doing the same thing. The fact that there is a simple on and off switch in an app, makes it appealing to me. Didn't mean to offend you, sir.

ferhanmm

Oct 10, 2010
Surprised no one's mentioned this yet, but the setup wizard on first boot had been broken since v2. It shows up fine but skips from step 1 to 3, and is virtually pointless without 2. Not a huge deal, but somewhat of an irritant as I like using this wizard to set up my gmail and wifi settings on first boot.

On first boot clicking next then previous brings up step 2. (add to OP please)

jdanisevich

Here you go. I take no credit for this work.

Thanks Sombionix for this awesome ROM.
Thanks Qliratu, Mendozinas & Avreen for the UOT kitchen.

--Edit--
Disclaimer! Only tested with Nero V3.0. I don't think it will work on any other builds/custom ROMS. Using the UOT kitchen, I uploaded the framework then cooked the battery mod. Do a backup before attempting! Sorry if this causes problems for you, I'm a newb so still learning.

Yeah I got infinite FCs and rebootloop from this as well. Use with caution. Gonna adb my framework-res.apk back from CWM to fix it.

lphillips80

Oct 11, 2010
San Diego, CA
Ringing

I have tried all betas and versions of Nero. Sometimes I get a constant ringing after startup or during media scan. Anybody have the same issue sometimes?

ekeefe41

Jan 31, 2009
Downloaded from 2 separate locations. Still getting this same error.

E:Failure at line 10
copy-dir PACKAGE:sdcard SDCARD:
Installation aborted.

I am sorry for asking again, but i have yet to be able to install this rom, i was running nero 1 with voodoo, i disabled voodoo per the instructions then tried to install.
Got this error, downloaded the file from the mirror, same error.

BoomBoomPOW

Dec 16, 2009
Uranus
What's with the choppy loading bar? It's been around since the first Nero beta.

USB notification was still on the status bar after unplugging USB. Reboot fixed it.

Just for personal preferences, on Ginger Clone R2, there was this very nice unlock sound right after you punch in your pin code.

That sound was definitely a head turner, my friend who has an iPhone4 was like "Oooooh ok, what's that sound?! That's your phone?"

"HELL YEAH that's my phone!" lol Vibrant > iPhone4

Awesome job Team Whiskey! Cheers.

rakeshchn

Aug 25, 2010
thanks sombionix, this ROM is awesome... I LOVE the boot animation...the best one I've seen yet ;)
I don't have Voodoo enabled due to battery life problem but even without voodoo the ROM is super snappy!
Not sure if voodoo causes battery drain. I have used voodoo with all TW 2.1 & 2.2 roms and always got good battery life. Over the course of last 5 months the only thing that I did that impacted battery life was moving to better 3G coverage area. It improved from about 18 hours to 2 days.

sarge363

Nov 7, 2010
Robstown, Tx
I just realized that I skipped a step in enabling voodoo according to the OP. I did not delete the "disable lagfix" file from the voodoo folder. I believe it still worked cause it when through the whole process with Linda. I just went to the voodoo folder and the file is not there just logs. I haven't had any problems.....yet. Cross my fingers.

Sent from THE Vibrant......

brew1brew

Dec 1, 2009
Probably a stupid question but,

I flashed Nero V1 and now I'm trying to flash Nero V3 using the Rom manager.
So I backup everything using Titanium backup and:
1. Rom manger install new rom from SD card
2. The device is rebooted, but enters to blue recovery that doesn't have option to flash the new rom.

I suppose it's a lag fix that installed with v1, but I might be wrong. Any ideas how to go on with that?
How to disable the lag fix?

Sorry if this has been answered, but I have had this happen on a lot of new roms, all you have to do is click on "apply update", and it will come back in stock recovery again, then "apply update" again and it will come up in clockwork mod recovery.

Reactions: Mattymat
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Logo.jpg

OFFICIAL HOME OF BIONIX AND TEAM WHISKEY
    http://board.teamwhiskey.com/index.php
    http://www.teamwhiskey.com/
    http://webchat.freenode.net/
    irc.freenode.net / #teamwhiskey

NOTE: Be sure to disable any lagfix you are currently running before flashing this, especially voodoo!

Nero v3:
    - JL5 system files
    - JL5 kernel w/voodoo 5.0.4 (voodoo now disabled by default, to enable, read instructions below)
    - JL5 modem
    - 4 lock screen options (stock android, glass, fascinate, epic)
    - Disabled battery full notification
    - Reboot options added to power menu (reboot, reboot recovery, reboot download mode)
    - Nexus S microbes live wallpaper
    - Nexus S nexus live wallpaper
    - Nexus S car dock application
    - Nexus S Power Widget
    - Nexus S icons
    - Nexus S audio/notification files
    - Nexus S Launcher
    - Nexus S Wallpapers
    - Nexus S Genie Widget
    - Nexus S transition animations
    - Nexus S settings menu icons
    - Heavily modified frameworks (gingerbread)
    - Re-added transparent power widget
    - Re-added transparent google search widget
    - Re-added home desk app
    - Many fixed icons and framework-res images
    - New Market
    - New Titanium Backup
    - New Rom Manager
    - New Voice Search
    - New Maps
    - New YouTube
    - New Google Voice
    - New Gmail
    - AOSP mms
    - Added some new wallpaper
    - Settings now includes 'stay awake while charging' option (thanks Jocelyn)
    - Mms compose icon fixed (thanks Jocelyn)
    - Spare parts (allows for animation speed tweaks)
    - Mounting issues fixed
    - Phone number identification fixed
    - Init script edits for smoother UI
    - Custom boot animation
    - Custom shutdown sound (linda)
    - Very fast, fast, fast, and very stable....especially with voodoo!

Nero v3 TouchWiz Edition:
    - Includes every spec listed above, but.....
    - Removed gingerbread launcher and restored my modified TouchWiz launcher (modified launcher eliminates all drawer open/close lag)
    - Restores TouchWiz wallpaper chooser
    - Restores most twiz/samsung apps and widgets (buddies now, daily briefing, days, feeds and updates, program monitor)
    - Install procedure is the same as the Nero v3 gingerbread edition

UPDATE: 12/22/10 @ 12:49pm MST - Just updated rom files below to include the JL5 kernel w/updated voodoo 5.0.4 posted minutes ago. Fixes corrupted mbrs and device detection. Those of you who could not get your system to convert should be good to go now. :)

Rom Downloads:
    Nero v3 w/voodoo (voodoo disabled by default)
    Nero v3 TouchWiz Edition w/voodoo (voodoo disabled by default)

Mirrors:
    Nero v3 w/voodoo (voodoo disabled by default)

Extras:
    Don't forget to visit our team forum for TONS of additional addons and googies. Team Whiskey Forum!

Also, make sure you stop by jdanisevich's thread, Slightly Better Gingerbread, and look at all the awesome modifications he's done for Nero 3

Voodoo 5.0.4 Details:
    - Supports small/larger nand chips
    - Converts full system partition to ext4 (nexus s uses ext4 files system. theres a reason samsung dropped our crap rfs system...it sucks! ext4 is amazing)
    - Incredibly fast, solid, and stable. Much better than rfs or ext2 file system
    - Disable voodoo directly via clock work recovery

Installing Nero v3 w/voodoo 5.0.4:
    1. Place nero_3_voodoo.zip on internal sdcard
    2. Disable ANY and ALL other lagfixes (yes, this includes ext2 one click lagfix! You cannot run both)
    3. Reboot into clock work recovery via rom manager or manually
    4. Select 'install zip from sdcard'
    5. Select 'choose zip from sdcard'
    6. Select 'Nero_3_voodoo.zip'
    7. Select 'Yes - install Nero_3_voodoo.zip'
    8. Wait for installation to finish
    9. Reboot
    10. After full boot, wait roughly 10 minutes and reboot, this will smooth things out and eliminate any small bugs.
    11. Done!

Enable Voodoo:
    1. On your internal sdcard, you will find a voodoo folder containing a file called 'disable-lagfix'. This was pre-installed when you flashed. Find it.
    2. Delete the 'disable-lagfix' file from the voodoo folder.
    3. Reboot intor clockwork recovery
    4. Select 'voodo lagfix'
    5. Select 'enable lagfix'
    6. reboot
    7. You phone will now convert to a full ext4 file system, this will take about 4 minutes. Be patient!
    9. Phone will boot up and you're done!

Disable Voodoo:
    1. Reboot into clock work recovery via power menu options, terminal, or adb to get to the 'red' clockwork screen
    2. In CWR menu, select 'voodoo lagfix'
    3. Select 'disable lagfix'
    4. Select 'go back'
    5. Select 'reboot system now'
    6. Your file system will now be converted back to rfs. This will take about 2-4 minutes, be patient!
    7. Once your phone reboots, reboot back into clock work recovery and you may now flash anything of your choice
    Thanks for the bug reports everyone. Nero v4 begins now.
    So it looks like the difference between V3 and V2 is that V2 used the JL4 modem and V3 is using the JL5. How does this usually work? Does google release periodic updates to the source code and those are named something like JL4 or JFD? Is there a schedule or do they get released at any old time? Is there a road map for the different releases? And once Som gets his hands on it, then he incorporates the latest release with his latest release? Am I close, or is there something more to it?

Where can I find out more about these releases? What is the difference between JL4 and JL5?

Google has nothing to do with the Samsung firmware releases besides providing the code to the core operating system, in our case Android 2.2 code name Froyo.
    It is up to Samsung at this point to make the modification they see fit and provide driver support. Once it is cooked they are releasing the firmware (T959UVJL5 for instance).

T959 is the Samsung model number for Vibrant.
    UV provider code, UV = en,es,fr
    J year is 2010 (A is 2001, and so on)
    L month is December (A is January, and so on)
    5 is the release within this year/month (4 was a previous release).

Since we are running the leak firmwares there is no change log and source code, so it is hard to tell the differences b/w the releases, but usually the consequent release is a bug fix from previous, etc.
    3. Reboot intor clockwork recovery
    4. Select 'voodo lagfix'
    5. Select 'enable lagfix'
    6. reboot

Do you mean the green clockwork recovery or do you mean clockwork recovery app that you access through drawer? i ask because i couldn't get voodoo to work on v2 for the life of me (no linda voice or red recovery)

EDIT: Found the solution! For those that cannot get Voodoo to work, even after deleting the disable-voodoo file:

I have had this problem. I also had a hell of a time getting voodoo to work. What I did was format both sdcards under settings. Odin to Eugene JK2, install OCLF>under menu goto kernels>and under voodoolagfix/ hold down and force it. This flashed a beta 4 i9000 kernal with voodoo and then I heard Lynda talk. Then it bricks but it fixed whatever the problem was with voodoo not not working. Afterwards I Odin to JK2 again and CWM Nero, and Odin JK6 voodoo kernel. So now Im on Nero 1 w/voodoo. Bro I hope this helps.

I used OCLF 2.2.8 which is not on the market (simple google search will bring up the .apk)

It takes a while but I finally got Voodoo to work!
    FYI: Just for fun, I made a Nero v3 TouchWiz edition for anyone that actually prefers touchwiz. I just posted it in the OP. Still retains everything from Nero 3, but remove gingerbread launcher, replaces with touchwiz, and restores several touchwiz/samsung apps and widgets.