[Q] Top speaker quality in viber

Search This thread

BanziBaby

Oct 21, 2010
Hi,

I was using my old Galaxy s3 to call & txt fiance using viber in states, now that I have sold it to mazuma mobile I have used viber to call her for the first time on my z2 & I could barely hear her at all on the top speaker & had to put phone on speaker phone just to hear her , normal call quality is pretty good on mobile calls, volume was up full. She could barely hear me as well, I turned off noise cancellation in call settings & she could hear me a bit better but said it was still quiet.

Just wondered if anyone else has experienced this?

Cheers.

hanano17

Mar 1, 2011
Fort Lauderdale
Have you tried moving the phone around on your ear? Sounds silly, but because of the placement of the speakers, its not as natural as other phones i've used imo (or maybe its how tall the phone is). I found the same issue at first, then i moved the phone around on my ear until the speaker and my ear lined up right and the sound was normal.

Reactions: BanziBaby

BanziBaby

Oct 21, 2010
Yeah mate, moving the phone around my ear was first thing I tried, I don't have issues with normal calls but speaking to her on viber it's almost like the speaker volume is set really low & I could barely hear her at all, since I call her in the early hours I would rather not have to put the call on speaker phone.

hanano17

Mar 1, 2011
Fort Lauderdale
Yeah mate, moving the phone around my ear was first thing I tried, I don't have issues with normal calls but speaking to her on viber it's almost like the speaker volume is set really low & I could barely hear her at all, since I call her in the early hours I would rather not have to put the call on speaker phone.

Ah okay. I did a quick google search and it looks like its hit or miss for some devices, so it might be on their end. This thread has a Viber rep responding in it to the same problem, or at least a couple months ago he was(no real solution, other than reporting it).
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2307492

Also there's an app suggestion in there that a member says helped, and another one would be master volume (i think thats the name). I don't really use Viber, so i'm not much help other than that.

Reactions: BanziBaby

BanziBaby

Oct 21, 2010
Cheers again for the reply mate, have checked that thread out & also posted in it hoping they will still be checking it, checked the apps mentioned in play store & most haven't been updated since 2011, I do think the issue is like you say more on Viber's end as the volume was fine on my now sold Galaxy S3.

Might have to check out Line or similar apps & get her to do the same as Viber is almost unusable due to this, connection quality was excellent all through the call so I think Viber just need to update or optimise it for the Z2.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Have you tried moving the phone around on your ear? Sounds silly, but because of the placement of the speakers, its not as natural as other phones i've used imo (or maybe its how tall the phone is). I found the same issue at first, then i moved the phone around on my ear until the speaker and my ear lined up right and the sound was normal.

Ah okay. I did a quick google search and it looks like its hit or miss for some devices, so it might be on their end. This thread has a Viber rep responding in it to the same problem, or at least a couple months ago he was(no real solution, other than reporting it).
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2307492

Also there's an app suggestion in there that a member says helped, and another one would be master volume (i think thats the name). I don't really use Viber, so i'm not much help other than that.