[GUIDE]How to Remove Custom Recovery/Root/Hboot and Keep Stock S-Off/Stock S-ON*VIDEO

Did This Work

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Search This thread

pacaldi

Jun 7, 2010
The installation of default recovey (RUU_Pyramid_HTC_Europe_1.45.401.2_Radio_10.56.9035 .00U_10.14.9035.01_M_release_208857_signed) wipe my system?

I have:
HTC Sensation stock 1.35.401.1 with S-OFF, ROOT and custom recovery, i only want to update to stock 1.45.401.2 and don't lost my data!

Via Official FOTA isn't possible to update...

pacaldi

Jun 7, 2010
The installation of default recovey (RUU_Pyramid_HTC_Europe_1.45.401.2_Radio_10.56.9035 .00U_10.14.9035.01_M_release_208857_signed) wipe my system?

I have:
HTC Sensation stock 1.35.401.1 with S-OFF, ROOT and custom recovery, i only want to update to stock 1.45.401.2 and don't lost my data!

Via Official FOTA isn't possible to update...

Someone can help me?

DrewMullen

May 27, 2011
Rochester
Okay, after reading through everything I am getting an error message [155] and i would appreciate some help. The "read me" explained that to be an incompatible RUU...

i ordered this phone through T-MOUS employee order process. I assume it was a US phone...

i have re-written my CID to T-MOB010

At this point, I have tried both posted RUU's(1.27 AND 1.29)(I am not sure of the difference), each failing with [155]

What could be the problem here?

I am re-signing because i need a warranty exchange due to power cycling :(

cgingermany

Oct 30, 2009
Ft Lauderdale
Thanks!

I went ahead and downgraded to RUU 1.29 TMOUS and once it completed the downgrade, under settings/about phone/HTC Software updates and clicked "check now" and it automatically downloaded and installed the 1.45 update. I honestly downgraded just to make sure i could(God forbid I brick this thing or flash some BS the wrong way lol). In case anyone was wondering about that update. Then I had to use thesteps outlined in the OP to S-On through ADB, which was not that that hard to do. Thanks to Alphadog23 and Football for their quality work here as well!

---------- Post added at 09:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:03 PM ----------

Okay, after reading through everything I am getting an error message [155] and i would appreciate some help. The "read me" explained that to be an incompatible RUU...

i ordered this phone through T-MOUS employee order process. I assume it was a US phone...

At this point, I have tried both posted RUU's(1.27 AND 1.29)(I am not sure of the difference), each failing with [155]

Wierd question but, did you buy it in the US?

---------- Post added at 09:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:06 PM ----------

Someone can help me?

I could be wrong but I think you should just do a Titanium Backup of your stuff and flash your choice of ROM. Then restore with it. I think I understand where you're coming from because I am a vivid TB user(I flash my phone more than girls gone wild! LOL) and I hate having to re-install everything over and over but TB is a great tool and I'm sure you heard or used it before so I'm sure you feel me on this.... But, again, I think that's your best shot and keeping your apps/data "intact" fam.

DrewMullen

May 27, 2011
Rochester
Yes, it was T-mo US. Good news is that after changing up the rom it stopped power cycling (for now!) However, like you were just saying cgingermany, i kinda want to try it out just to make sure i can or might need to in the future

BlackVision

Aug 11, 2010
Got s-on! But should I change the cid back to Tmo before I do the warranty exchange? I think I have supercid. Ugg that means I have to s-off again. How do I check cid with s-on?

Last edited:

roul174

Oct 30, 2008
Prague
Backup

Is it necessary to backup device? if it is, please what is recommendation how to do that, if my phone is not rooted.

Thanx a lot.
Ondrej

Darkmx2000

Nov 4, 2009
Charlestown
When i enter "fastboot oem writesecureflag 3" to Turn S-ON it says "fastboot is not recognized as a internal or external command, operable program or batch file.

OtaruM

Sep 28, 2011
chillin in Moravia
No RUU

Is there a way to move back to stock with no RUU but having:
1. Full backup (except recovery and hboot obviously)
2. Stock recovery (recovery.img)
3. Stock HBOOT (hboot*.nb0)
?

Will packing stock recovery, hboot and appropriate android_info.txt into PG58IMG.zip and flashing it from sdcard do the job?

chrisizzle492

May 20, 2008
Anaheim
ok the video makes things really confusing.

so i have to install the stock ruu before doing all these steps?
and does it matter if i install the older version of tmous ruu?

jaZzyjeff818

Nov 6, 2010
Why don't I see fastboot.exe? I've done everything already I'm just missing that file and I'm trying to S-ON but when I type the command "fastboot oem writesecureflag 3" I get the message that fastboot is not recognized. Please help. Where can I get fastboot.exe cuz it wasn't in the SDK folder?

p1mp2412

Jan 23, 2010

I am getting the same error, and i also have tried both RUU's but no luck. have u or anyone found a solution to this error?? If so please let me know, thanks in advance

piimp

Feb 6, 2010
Gilbert, AZ
this guide worked for me as i needed to s-on for warranty(dust under screen). also as viper pointed out in post 39, no need for the sdk pack, all u need is adb and the usb driver. anyway pretty easy steps and all is well. also, if you never messed with supercid while s-offing then theres no need to mess with it while s-oning. just download the ruu and go from there :)

Last edited:

brenopoubel

Jan 16, 2010
How can i know what's my correct RUU?
Cause i tried one and i got message 'ERROR[131]: CUSTOMER ID ERROR'

Anyone can help ?

Thanks!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    **VIDEO AT THE BOTTOM!!**

Requirements
    ADB: Click here for windows or Linux or download from) Sensation S-off guide
    You Will Need HTC Drivers http://xdaforums.com/atta...7&d=1312092669
    *DO NOT ADD "" TO COMMANDS!!!

1. On your pc click on your local disk C: Drive (or D: drive for some) (WINDOWS users: Start > My computer > Local Disk (C)

2. Create a new folder called "adb" and extract the files from adb.zip (link above) into it. Make sure it doesn't create another folder in the adb folder when extracting

3. Install HTC USB Driver 3.0.0.007.

4. Press Windows + R, it will open Run. (linux users ignore this)

5. Type "cmd". (or open terminal on linux)

6. Ensure your phone is switched on (regular home screen) and connect it by USB in charging mode

7. On your phone, Go to Settings > Applications > Development > Enable USB Debugging

8. enter the command "adb devices". This is to confirm your phone is connected. (It should come back with list of devices attached and your serial number)

9. If it is recognized, then download your official RUU, please get the same/similar version that came with your phone. If you fail then you might Brick your Device!

10. Start RUU.exe and follow on screen commands.

11. After reboot, turn phone off without fastboot on, or, take out battery and then Hold Volume down button and power on.

12. Bootloader should now read Pyramid PVT Ship S-OFF RL.

13. Remove and reinsert the battery. Press power on as normal

Optional To change to stock S-ON
    PROCEED WITH CAUTION. ONLY DO THIS IF YOU ABSOLUTELY HAVE TO. BEWARE THERE IS A SMALL RISK OF BRICKING

15. Boot up into the new ROM and On your phone, Follow steps 4-8 above then continue here

16. enter the command "fastboot oem writesecureflag 3" (Thanks Dazweeja who came up with this)

17. Reboot into bootloader using "fastboot reboot-bootloader" or remove & reinsert the battery and press power on while keeping hold of volume down.

18. Bootloader should now read Pyramid PVT Ship S-ON RL.

19. Remove and reinsert the battery. Press power on as normal

USE IF SEMI BRICKED

20. IF IT DOESN'T REBOOT and bootloader says ***Security Warning**
    Remove and re-insert the battery and go back into bootloader and holding Volume Down +power button select fastboot
    21. Run RUU.exe to reflash stock rom. (the one u just downloaded in step 1) and then reboot. It should work now

*NOTE*

This removes ROOT and custom recovery!!
    I take No Credit for the Idea!
    I am in no way responsible if YOU brick your phone!
    If you want to add stock SuperCID AFTER you installed RUU.exe, Then Go Here For CID's, They Must Be Your Mobile Carriers... Ex: T-Mobile USA = (Carrier"TMUS") (CID"T-MOB010")
    CID CANNOT BE CHANGED AFTER S-ON, it must be done while S-off

I added a video to download! you may need to re-record
    http://www.mediafire.com/?ibn7168nd2ywr5d

Good Day to You and Good Luck!
    revolutionary hboot for sensation does not protect itself from being overwritten. all you need to do is:

download and run the RUU

this will put you back on stock software/firmware with s-off.

now just turn s back on with the "write secureflag3" command.
    Feel free to Comment for Help :D

If you need any help feel free to post comments :D
    well thanks for this guide, but we're all hoping to never send our beloved Sensation in warranty return :D

Nice write up and VERY Noob friendly! I was reading through and in my head, half the time, going well duh. Then it clicked, you said Noob friendly. I think it will help almost all Noobs but there will be at least ONE that F's it up!

Again, nice write up!
    And the SuperCID is because people are going to mess up and pick the wrong RUU.exe,

By encouraging people to install SuperCID, all you are doing is making their phone more traceable for tampering if it goes back for warranty, and allowing them to install the wrong RUU. If they don't have SuperCID, they'll get 'ERROR[131]: CUSTOMER ID ERROR' if they try to flash the wrong RUU and it will stop without flashing anything to the phone.

I know you're just trying to help, but all they have to do is run the latest released RUU for their region. Nothing more.

He means use 'fastboot flash' commands which you can't with the stock hboot.