[TESTING] XDAndroid GBX0C 2.3.7 Build

Search This thread

welard

May 5, 2009
Don't misconstrue, I haven't done any of the actual development on this acoustic code :eek:.

See Jerome's tree if you want to see where this all started. A few others have cloned his tree and made some modifications. We're still working out the kinks. Perhaps it can help your port as well...

Like I said earlier, I am betting the userland stuff will work for you folks without a ton of changes (don't know for sure!). The kernel stuff for this new acoustic will need to be ported - our kernel will not work on your device.

hi arrrghhh....

as all this stuff been updated within the newest knernel thats out now thanks....

welard

May 5, 2009
going to test this will report.....thanks

after a little test on this:-

bt- works
loudpeaker- works
phone calls- works
wifi- works
camera- works
camcorder- freeze cannot touch button no responce when touching it!
keyboard- small unable to function with it--but easy fix by installing other keyboard or edit build.prop and add this line: qemu.sf.lcd_density=240

edit 2:
light/proximity sensor.......(not working)
recieve call sometimes reboot phone
if logs are required for the above i shall try and get some.....
will do further testing later!

Last edited:

uberto.costanzo

Sep 25, 2008
Venice Italy
hi arrrghhh, i have add rel_path but now i have this error:init: cannot find/system/bin/vold
/debugger
/rild
/app-process
/mediaserver and other why? thanks for reply

Danny04

Nov 9, 2009
Hi arrrghhh,

Thanks for your great support for the Blackstone!

Herewith my comments:
- Sound is working great, now and then you still can hear stutter for music with original HTC Blackstone headphone and other headphone.
- Soud for telephone call and reception is great with and without headphone HTC Blackstone and other headphone.
- BT is working, but there is a lot of noise.
- Phone hangs when your not taking the call. So you have to reboot to get Android OS again.

Attached 7 *.CSV files? I am running Windows 6.5

Edit: Please help! I can't use Keyboard to type. What should I adjust? I didn't have any problem with **Complete FroYo Bundle** FRX07.1 - Maintenance Release**

Last edited:
Those are mine... Bye

Caveat List

• Some have said it's more quiet? There's some tuning that can be done in the CSV files, and perhaps that's necessary...
  • BT might still be flaky, curious to see how well this works and if any improvements can be made....
  • GPS, camera, wifi tethering etc still have the same caveats as before...
  • The CSV files from a BLAC100 are attached for the lazy. I'd like to gather CSV's from each BLAC (there's only one Blackstone tho, eh?), I'm curious if any ROM devs have changed them out either... This could get interesting. If you folks don't mind, post up your CSV's, point out differences with mine, etc... We're trying to figure out how to unify these, if possible! Thanks!
Please post back any issues, enjoy!

Attachments

• AcousticBLAC100CSV_ITA.rar
    13.3 KB · Views: 128

[ACL]

Retired Recognized Developer
Jan 28, 2010
New York
keep up the good work fellas. Need more testing done on this so we can start collecting bugs. Also special thanks to argg for replying to every effin thread around. I swear we really would have no communication without you. :D

Halsahaf

Jul 5, 2011
Great job!.
I used right now for a couple of hour.
I found a problem maybe can help, in any of games, 2D or 3D i have lots and lots of lag cant use it.
And one stupid question, why in all android roms only use 190mb of ram if phone have more than this ram (on Blackstone) ?

Thanks, and continue the nice job!

arrrghhh

Inactive Recognized Developer
Feb 10, 2007
Great job!.
I used right now for a couple of hour.
I found a problem maybe can help, in any of games, 2D or 3D i have lots and lots of lag cant use it.
And one stupid question, why in all android roms only use 190mb of ram if phone have more than this ram (on Blackstone) ?

Thanks, and continue the nice job!

190 is what's avail to the OS. There's some reserved for video, some other reserved for SPL, and some other crap I'm probably forgetting about.

Da Vikster

Aug 31, 2009
Oxford, UK
Hey guys

I have a slight problem here. I tried to install, and everything loaded and installed fine, but my touch screen calibration has gone crazy, and I can't actually use the screen as a result (pressing the home button-ish area would link to where the "airplane mode" is on the screen. Clearly something has gone wrong somewhere, and I tried using the .csv files attached as well as my own but neither of them made any difference. Any idea what to do?

Also, don't suppose one of you could upload your startup.txt for me? I tried the default one, but maybe a different one might yield different results?

EDIT: Nevermind, I was just being silly. I didn't realise there was a touch calibration step so I just clicked madly at the screen... Ooops....

Last edited:

Gauss75

Feb 23, 2009
Missed incoming call causes the phone to reboot.
Does someone know how to fix it?
Thanks.

Ogie35

Aug 10, 2009
going to test this will report.....thanks

keyboard- small unable to function with it--but easy fix by installing other keyboard or edit build.prop and add this line: qemu.sf.lcd_density=240

I just tried installing this today and works fine except for the keyboard, where can I find the file to edit?

Thanks

arrrghhh

Inactive Recognized Developer
Feb 10, 2007
I just tried installing this today and works fine except for the keyboard, where can I find the file to edit?

Thanks

Can't you just adjust the lcd.density in startup.txt instead of mucking in build.prop? Users really should not need to mess with build.prop, unless the build is not setup correctly for the device :rolleyes:.

Motik

Jan 4, 2008
Can't you just adjust the lcd.density in startup.txt instead of mucking in build.prop? Users really should not need to mess with build.prop, unless the build is not setup correctly for the device :rolleyes:.

I had the same problem and had to edit build.prop, although my startup.txt correctly sets lcd.density=240 (and works perfectly with FRX07.1).

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hey folks,

This is a completely new build, with all the new changes baked in. We wanted to do a semi-official test release to collect bugs and hopefully do a formal official release with everything settled. The main pain point is the CSV files (see pre-install prep).

So a brief overview:

• New acoustic routing code baked in. Should fix most if not all audio routing problems, and will provide more debugging if stuff does go wrong. Also allows for more granular tweaking, see the CSV files.
    • GPS fixes for GB - GPS not only works in GB now, but it doesn't kill sleep! I was able to use GPS, get a solid lock, and put the device to sleep no problem.
    • BT should work & well with the new acoustic code. Post results.
    • RHOD users now have a choice of kernels. .35+ all have the new acoustic - so .35, .39, 3.0 and 3.1 are all fair game now... This is bundled with .27!!
    • Keep in mind, autobuild .27 kernels will produce no audio in this build... Obviously the bundled kernel will work, and the absolute newest .27 autobuild kernel does work now - Feb.27 2012 or newer.
    • rootfs tweaks - first, it will detect which kernel you're on (.27 or .35+) and automatically apply the correct firmware. Second, is it will always copy/extract the modules... failures there were getting annoying, and this is surefire if brute-force...
    • Few Easter egg apk's...
    • Probably a lot I'm forgetting, this might change ;)

Pre-Install Prep REQUIRED!!!

This step is crucial, and I forgot all about it! You must copy all of the *.CSV file from your WinMo ROM - these are in the \Windows\ directory. There's a very easy way to do this. It involves the Total Commander app for WinMo (Direct Link for the perpetually lazy...) (included in EnergyROM and others probably).

Now you're in Total Commander looking at your \Windows\ directory. Whew... lots of files. Fear not! Hit the "CTRL" button, then the green "Plus" button. This opens the Select/Unselect files dialog. Put in *.csv, press "select" and voila. All CSV files are selected. Now - File -> Copy/Move -> I want you to copy these (should be 10) files to the ROOT of your SD card. No folders!!! This is hardset right now, until we get it all implemented into the build properly. Thanks!

Install

Assuming you've done the pre-install prep; this is installed just like the other XDAndroid builds - grab your startup.txt (don't forget rel_path= if you don't have it at the root of the SD!), ts-calibration and boot!

Download
    Sorry. [...] :eek: I thought you are having trouble with this phone development, just tried to help. It will never happen again...

Still don't get how you talking about selling the phone cheaply helps with development.

Any developer is welcome to join... the project on the Blackstone front never really had a developer. A few came and went, but very few... none stayed long either.

So if you want to help, by all means. If you're just going to talk about selling your phone go elsewhere - these types of posts have NO business in a development forum.
    This is useless to buggy for daily use ...
    only a full rom and nand will work not this crapy and buggy versions
    no hope htc hd will never run android native
    HTC HD is dead no hope and no future
    only if the can make a full port and run Android native

thanks any way

Either make one, or STFU. Eternally posting this doesn't help anyone. Really getting tired of seeing this exact same post from you over and over and over...
    Caveats:

• Audio stutters every 10sec. The only fix I've heard is using a kernel from G3rmo (unfortunately it is old), or
      Code:
      su
      kill -9 28
      Which kills the [battery] process. I'm sure this will have negative effects on the battery meter/battery life...
    • SD Card not working...? "Waiting for SD Card" appearing on boot...? Try putting this command in your startup.txt
      Code:
      msmsdcc_1bit msmsdcc_fmax=14000000 msmsdcc_nopwrsave
      See gummbah30's post reminding us of these commands.
    • SD Card has partitions? (If you used a non-XDAndroid build the answer is YES) Then you need to add "no_partitions" to your startup.txt. Between the quotes on the set cmdline line. Do not put it on its own line, it goes in between the quotes! Make sure there is one space between each item.
    • BT might still be flaky
    • The CSV files from my BLAC100 are attached for the lazy. I'd like to gather CSV's from each RHOD, I'm curious if any ROM devs have changed them out either... This could get interesting. If you folks don't mind, post up your CSV's, point out differences with mine, etc... We're trying to figure out how to unify these, if possible! Thanks!
    • Keyboard tiny/unusable? Either change the IME (long press on the input box) Get rid of it! I've heard "Hackers Keyboard" is a good alternative - many options. There's also "Better Keyboard", Swype, etc... Side load the APK using AndroidApps, adb install, etc.
    Please post back any issues, enjoy!

GBX0C Changelog
    • Camcorder: Now works (tested on rhodium).
    • Acoustic: Bug-fix : correct random loss of dual(rear)-mic.
    • MMS: Bug-fix: Slides with zero duration on Sprint.
    • Gps: Bug-fix: Init/de-init sequence fix (correct gps not starting up after being unchecked in Settings).
    • Gps: Bug-fix: End gps session with a correct rpc call (relevant to amss6125 devices).
    • Gps: Bug-fix: Don't send delayed position requests after session has ended (possibly relevant to Navigation issues).
    • Gps: New feature: Xtra (aGPS) -> verified to work on rhodium/cdma raph.
    • X1 specific: Screen rotation patch.
    • Added tytung's GPS injector app to AndroidApps\Other as well as updating/cleaning up some apps in AndroidApps.
    • Modified rootfs for newest apsta firmware & wifi firmware - wifi tethering now works flawlessly in the newest kernels! .27 is still bundled for the record...
    Any updates? RIP Xdandroid.

RIP?

Nothing tangible. No devs for BLAC either, as I've stated 1,000x.

Patches welcome, haven't seen any (that are actually useful, lol).