[Q] Is Stock 4.4.2 relatively safe and stable for Nexus 4?

Is stock 4.4.2 stable and relatively bug-free on Nexus 4?

• Not happy with it.

Votes: 1 20.0%
  • Satisfied but some obvious bugs/problems.

Votes: 1 20.0%
  • Satisfied.

Votes: 3 60.0%
  • I recommend waiting for a future update.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Search This thread
I am among the last crew of US customers for the Nexus 4. Having seen lots of KitKat bug reports, I have been deliberately keeping my Nexus 4 at Android 4.2.2. (My phone is rooted but I have retained the stock ROM and I prefer to stick with stock versions for now.)

For those of you already using stock KitKat 4.4.2: Is your experience smooth? Has battery usage been consistent/better compared with previous Android versions? Would you recommend that I update? Or should I wait a bit longer?

(I also wonder how many interim updates I'll have to do if I go through the official OTA process.)

albundy2010

Sep 24, 2010
Back up your rom / apps / data etc to a computer.

Flash the stock factory images to your phone and see if it works for you.

Or you could of course just back up your rom and flash the factory images without the - w line from the script to keep it from wiping your internal storage.

Bottom line is back up your current setup properly. And flash the new rom. Don't like it revert to the backup.

Don't like your backup. You could refresh the factory images for your current rom. They are still right up on Google factory image site.....

Oxious119

Apr 18, 2013
I've been using the nexus 5 ports since day one and I've never regretted it.
4.4.2 for me is just overall more fluid, more battery friendly. If you don't need the xposed framework you can even enable ART for an extra performance/battery boost.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using xda app-developers app