[Android Questions and Answers] Android General Questions HERE Please

Search This thread

TheBrilliantMistake

May 3, 2007
[*]"Waiting for SD Card" error? [/B]
Some users have troublesome SD Cards that have been discovered to cause problems for Android. There are some suggested settings to help overcome SOME of the issues, but for others, sometimes your card just won't work.... sorry.

What could be wrong about my Card ??
i dont get it

nothing 'wrong' with your card.... it's just some cards aren't properly supported by Android yet. Some cards seems to be quite high speed, and faster than android can deal with (so I hear), but don't worry, it will be fixed eventually.... just grab an older card for the moment.... a class 2 should be ok.
I would not advise rushing out to spend money on a card though... there are NO promises with XDAndroid at the moment.

altimas2.5

Apr 12, 2007
Hi
I was able to run android on my HD
I was wondering if anyone could add fonts (language) ?
I couldn't remount the system folder to make it RW !!!
any idea Plz

slaming

Feb 3, 2010
is anyone else having problems with android doing something to winmo certificates i have just put a new build on it and then had to do a soft reset and it now won't load any 3rd party app is there a fix for this?

TheBrilliantMistake

May 3, 2007
is anyone else having problems with android doing something to winmo certificates i have just put a new build on it and then had to do a soft reset and it now won't load any 3rd party app is there a fix for this?

It's not android... that's for sure
How did you apply Android?... (and what's the install error you're getting for 3rd party winmo apps?)

ghosty_uk

Jun 3, 2008
Has anyone tried connecting to a wireless network protected by 802.1x?

Android keeps asking me to enter my credentials storage password and then without connecting, indicating if the password was accepted or not, or any other message drops me back to the list of available wifi networks.

I tried clearing the credential storage and password and setting a new one, but it's not even clear if that has taken effect.

i have mine connected to my wpa protected ntlworld connection, without any issues, it found the network asked me for my password, and then dropped out, i thought it had failed, then looking in the title bar rteh is a 4 )))) kind of icon, which means iuts connected.

slaming

Feb 3, 2010
It's not android... that's for sure
How did you apply Android?... (and what's the install error you're getting for 3rd party winmo apps?)

well i install android just by putting in on my memory card everything is fine i can run it loads of times then just once i run android and when ever i try to run any third party app in winmo it says certificates are not recognised or something and i then have to re install the whole of winmo to be able to run any third party app

slaming

Feb 3, 2010
  • I can't wake up my device, why?
    Deep Sleep is an issue for most people. Sometimes the device WILL wake up from a deep sleep, but sometimes it will not. If you can't wake it up, reset.

• Is the Headphone Socket working?
    Yes, but you need to activate it with a special command (I will document it when I find it!)

these are the 2 main issues for me when sleep is sorted out i can use it constantly but you say headphones work with a special command does anyone know the command?

Insaneboy

Mar 14, 2008
Directly from PHH

Add snd.force_headset=1 to add headset half autodetection, when you plug in/out the headset, to apply the output update, make a call (or find any other way to call snd_set_device's ioctl)

Though that's for the usb, not the 3.5 mm jack.
I think that for the 3.5 it was =2 but not sure.

So basically
snd.force_headset=1
then make a call and it'll work
disconnect make a call and the sound returns to speaker.

More from PHH:

1.here headset refers to ext-usb, not 3.5mm, I guess 3.5mm won't work
2.You have to add snd.force_headset=1 (try with =2 to force routing to headset even if detection isn't enabled) in cmdline.

niblettr

Jul 17, 2008
3G Network

Does 3G networking work? I.e. Internet browsing on the move.
I can't seem to be able to get a connection.
Phone calls in and out work, and so does internet browsing through Wifi.

p.s. I'm on Orange.

Cheers

niblettr

Jul 17, 2008
Build version Manup456_2.0.1_ERD72

For me, best build is Manup456_2.0.1_ERD72,
with kernel version 2.6.27-00845-g502e825
Firmaware version 2.1
Everything works except GPS and 3G internet. (for me that is)

d31b0y

Jan 28, 2009
Does 3G networking work? I.e. Internet browsing on the move.
I can't seem to be able to get a connection.
Phone calls in and out work, and so does internet browsing through Wifi.

p.s. I'm on Orange.

Cheers

I had the same issues with O2 Ireland. I was able to input the information needed manually. You could try the following information, although I can't guarantee it, because I have no way of testing it.

Sorry, I can't post urls yet and the information that I wanted to post has URLs included... so here is a screenshot.

11022010_153805.jpg

slaming

Feb 3, 2010
ok then guys so thanks for all your help and im hoping to be able to repay you guys now i have a week of school so thats a week with nothing todo except xbox and nothing much else so im very intrested in getting into helping with some bug fixing, im on a mac running 10.6 but am more than willing to have a vm of ubunto so if any one is will to give me a leg up on how to start android developing for blackstone or any device skype me on slaming1 or fire me an email to joseph.mt.ashley@googlemail.com
hope i can be of help i have basic knowledge of a few scripting languages and hope to add android development to that

1987dram

Oct 23, 2007
Enfield CT
Hi All,

First of all let me thank you for all you hard work. I love this version of Android.
its easy to in stall and seems to be fast.

I only have one problem I launched it for the first time all was well worked great.
I then installed Beautiful widget, everything was great. Then i did a reboot and hit the Android icon and it goes through the Linux boot screen then the for lack of a better term it goes to the colored X animation screen and just stays there. I know i can do a fresh install but i had just got everything the way i liked it.so any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Thank You:confused:

slaming

Feb 3, 2010
Hi All,

First of all let me thank you for all you hard work. I love this version of Android.
its easy to in stall and seems to be fast.

I only have one problem I launched it for the first time all was well worked great.
I then installed Beautiful widget, everything was great. Then i did a reboot and hit the Android icon and it goes through the Linux boot screen then the for lack of a better term it goes to the colored X animation screen and just stays there. I know i can do a fresh install but i had just got everything the way i liked it.so any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Thank You:confused:

check in the folders on your memory card there maybe just a few little files named beautiful widgets you could delete not too sure tho, but good luck

heKCEr

Aug 24, 2007
hello all ,

I just wanna to know which is the best zimage and modules to fix deep sleep with smoth scrolling and fast response with supporting 3D

how to make Xandroid boots faster??

when i set for example cpu speed 1000 MHZ , ( i tested it ) it goes faster but does that means overclocked

I am using Glossy themed 1.5.1

thanks

slaming

Feb 3, 2010
hello all ,

I just wanna to know which is the best zimage and modules to fix deep sleep with smoth scrolling and fast response with supporting 3D

how to make Xandroid boots faster??

when i set for example cpu speed 1000 MHZ , ( i tested it ) it goes faster but does that means overclocked

I am using Glossy themed 1.5.1

thanks

wow dude 1000mhz that over clocked like hell take it down that can seriosuly kill your device i wouldn't recomend overclocking by anything more than like 100mhz because the battery on android is already bad that well just kill it. but im currently using glossy themed to and that seems to be the most stable for everything including sleep, but there are people working on creating nand images that can be flashed on to your device for other devices such as vouge and people are saying it is much more stable hopefully when that happens sleep will be fixed, hopefully its not just wishful thinking

dcsmaniatico

Aug 19, 2008
having trouble with fuze

I cant seem to make android work fine.....when i first install the software the software work perfect everything works.....but as i reboot and start it again the phone buttons sont work....the phone dose not have any ringtones... etc..... what am i doing wrong?

slaming

Feb 3, 2010
I cant seem to make android work fine.....when i first install the software the software work perfect everything works.....but as i reboot and start it again the phone buttons sont work....the phone dose not have any ringtones... etc..... what am i doing wrong?

its not anything your doing wrong, its just because it is all in beta stages still what i recomend is that you get a build perfect for you then make a copy of everything on your sd card that means you can update android all the time and still have a back up of a working build with all the apps you want ready on it meaning no need to download from the market every time. not that i've done this but i really should i guess

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    xdandroid.jpg

Android on your Windows Mobile HTC Device...
    Supports Blackstone, Diamond, Diamond 500, Fuze, Raphael, Raphael 800, Rhodium, Tilt 2 & Topaz

This opening post should have most of the FAQs for XDAndroid (XDA Android on HTC)
    In addition, you can post questions, thoughts etc here... and other users can help you out!

Please remember that XDAndroid is 'generic'; that means it runs on multiple HTC devices, but can behave a little differently on each one of them. So for instance, sound might work really well on Diamond, but not so well on Blackstone etc (just a theoretical example!)

You should also remember that this project is in continuous development, so not everything is finished or perfect... there is a LOT working, but quite a bit not working too, and some stuff 'kinda' works if the wind is blowing in the right direction ;-)

F.A.Q

• Are the Android releases available in a ROM?
      No, Android is not yet available in a ROM format.
      Currently Android is installed by using a clean SD Card, and booted from there.
      It is booted by running a special application called 'Haret.exe' residing on your SD Card which will terminate the Windows kernel and boot into Linux/Android.
      It can't easily be run from ROM because a) it's too experimental to risk putting in ROM and then killing a device and b) WinMo does some hardware initialisation that isn't documented, but is needed before Android can run.

• When will it be available in a ROM?
      No time soon. Folks are working on it, but you'll need a lot of patience before it (if ever) arrives

• My SD Card doesn't seem to work, why?
      Most SD Cards are working, but if you the 'waiting for SDCard' message, you should try one of these fixes (and please let us know if it works)
      Fix 1: Format your card with this tool http://www.sdcard.org/consumers/formatter/
      Fix 2: Edit your startup.txt file and add these red entries to your cmdline:
      set cmdline "lcd.density=240 msmts_calib=0x395.0x3c9.0x79.0x77 clock-7x00.a11=500 msmvkeyb_toggle=off pmem.extra=1 gsensor_axis=-2,-1,3
      msmsdcc_1bit msmsdcc_fmax=14000000 msmsdcc_nopwrsave
      "

Fix 3: Tell your wife / girlfriend that you are about to make some modifications to her phone... change the ringtone and steal her old Class 2 SD Card to use with Android. She will never discover what you have done, and if she does, you'll be able to use Android to send texts to your former girlfriends ;-)

• Where can I download a release?
      There are a number of Android releases (all at varying stages of development). Use the search function to locate one, or try these:
      http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=732362 (Standard XDAndroid for multiple HTC Devices)
      Both come with very clear instructions on how to install

• What features are in a release?
      Generally, it's very difficult to detail them, unless there is a significant new feature (in which case, that will be very well advertised!). Usually it's minor speed improvements, bug fixes etc... and sometimes, new bugs are introduced (so bear that in mind)

• How do I turn off, or reboot Android?
      In earlier releases, you had to pull the battery or press the reset button, in newer releases, you can hold down the 'end call' button and see a menu.

• How do I suggest features?
      Before you even think about it... ask yourself ONE question... "Do I really think I'm the first to have suggested my idea?" and then ask yourself "And what are the chances of it being read and implemented before all the other issues are fixed?".
      If you still feel it wise to ask for a feature.... go ahead. Don't say you weren't warned.

• My question starts with the words "When will..." or "When is..." etc
      See above, the same applies. Stuff will appear when it appears. Do you really think you're the only person dying to have ROM support, or power off, or stability etc?

• Why doesn't the camera work?
      It's not yet supported. When it is, it will be announced.

• Why isn't GPS working?
      GPS should be working fine, it's a relatively new addition ( May 2010 ) but works well outdoors. Please allow time for the GPS to obtain a 'fix' (location).

• My battery doesn't seem to last long, why?
      There are many reasons... first Android is not yet fully optimised for power management (so it's not YET as good as WinMo), secondly, the battery status is highly problematic for most users (don't trust the capacity Android tells you, it's simply up and down a lot, and highly inaccurate)

• Does WiFi work?
      Yes, it's working for most people, suspected to cause slight heat, definitely drains the battery faster than WinMo. Some users have reported freezes when switching WiFi off (quite common problem)

• Does Audio work?
      It should be working fine, but Audio can have issues on some devices from time to time. Even with the very latest XDAndroid kernels.
    • I keep hearing 'popping/clicking' sounds from the speaker?
      This is a known annoyance on some devices, believed to be related to power management switching the speaker on and off (not confirmed), it actually seems worse in silent mode (ironically). If you experience this, you're not alone... most users do. When a fix is ready, it will be announced here.

• I can't wake up my device, why?
      Deep Sleep is an issue for most people. Sometimes the device WILL wake up from a deep sleep, but sometimes it will not. If you can't wake it up, reset.

• Is GPRS supported?
      Yes, it works (but you MAY have to input your operator/carrier APN)

• Is 3G working?
      Yes, works for most, although some users are having trouble with Vodafone Netherlands.

• Is SIM PIN Code working?
      It's supposed to be working, yes, but if you have ANY troubles please DISABLE SIM PIN in WinMo (SIM PIN works on the SIM, but you need WinMo UI to disable it)

• Is GSensor working?
      Yes

• Is Bluetooth working?
      Seems to be in a high state of flux, so you'll just have to test it on your device, and find out

• Is 3D Supported?
      OpenGL ES 1.0 is supported on some devices (Blackstone, Diamond, Raphael). Topaz and Rhodium do not support 3D

• Can I connect via USB?
      Yes you can, but will NOT operate in mass storage mode. You can charge via USB and you can debug, but forget accessing your files by it.

• Is the Headphone Socket working?
      It's being worked on as we speak, but you MAY need to activate it with a special command (in very recent releases, you shouldn't have to):

For USB headset, add the following line to startup.txt...
      snd.force_headset=1

For 3.5mm headset, add the following line to startup.txt...
      snd.force_headset=2

You MAY have to make a call for the settings to actually be activated (a real pain), but that's how it is so far!

• 'Application (xxxxxx) is not responding: Force Close or Wait' keep appearing on my screen!
      Click wait. I do not know the precise reason for this, but from what I can gather, it COULD be related to the slow speed of the SD Card causing the app response times to JUST be a little too slow for Android's liking, thus causing the message. This seems to happen more after bootup or wakeup when the device is busy doing stuff in the background.

• I am having trouble with ringtones, why?
      This is believed to be caused by the media scanner failing (due to discovering some filenames with none English characters). The best option of all is to use a CLEAN SD Card. But, if you insist on hosting other files on the same SD Card, you MUST make sure they have English character filenames.

Reserved

Reserved for faq 3
    @farukb: Ofc, I think we all have that assumed.

Another thing: Anyone knows why my charging/HW kb leds don't work for debug as intended? Is that happening in all blackstones? Do I have to activate an option?

Now when I start Haret with charging led off, it stays off, if launch it charging, it stays orange whatever I do.

thanks.

Edit: Oh, and btw, goggles says kernel doesn't have ipv6 support, is that normal?

goggles need ipv6 support and i believe that xdandroid doesn't have it, go to rhodium section, there is a 1.23.2011. froyo x release that supports ipv6,so you can try it out (you probably know how to have multiple android builds on same card,if not,just ask...nevermind,here you go :http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/tp2-andro...-cam-sense-x-2011-01-12-a-50.html#post2035413)

froyo x here:http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=904918

led light doesn't work at all for me,and once when i ran haret whle charging it stayed on even when i plugged out the cable.

blackstone doesn't have HW kbd,and if you mean these four buttons on the lower part of the front,they don't have leds behind them,at all...
    Hi;

i am new about android.
    I see that adroit installation from sd card.

My question is. if i install android rom. will delete windows mobile system from phone.

Thanks;

No, it's not a rom. That's why it loads from sdcard. Every reboot you'll start with your WM and then you'll have to boot android
    Not really... hadn't seen that error for some time. I though it was now only because of a faulty/old sdcard, but no idea.