[TUT] FROYO x RED camera Install [UPDATE]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

Trexi

Dec 19, 2008
Prague
My blackstone soft-resets while executing harret after step 3.

Have the same problem. Going to copy startup once more - I hope this will help. :(

**edit : It didn't help. Is there anything else what should I do? Like delete "modules-2.6.27.46-01232-gb7033df.tar" or something like that please?

Last edited:

Trexi

Dec 19, 2008
Prague
have you followed my tutorial to the letter?

Yes I have. Now, I'm going to try it once more with regular format (not fast one). Maybe this will help - but to be honest I am not sure about it. :)

**edit : Still not working.

now dont do anything but open Haret+Startup.txt-Ts-Calibration and copy the Haret file and the startup.txt to the root of your memory card.dont worry you can also overwrite these two files.

now dismount your Blackstone and start Haret
after the same procedure as before you now shoud be in android again.
You can now start using Android on your Blackstone!

After this step my Blackstone booted into WM instead of Android. :/

Last edited:

NeedAPhone

Oct 9, 2008
I have the same problem: new haret with new startup (with INITRD_OFFSET line in it) reboots into WM. Tried moving the line around to no avail....

My SD card is 8G Patriot (class 4).

Something has changed in haret.exe from 1/26/2011 that stopped it working correctly.

bassiebal

Jun 11, 2009
I have the same problem: new haret with new startup (with INITRD_OFFSET line in it) reboots into WM. Tried moving the line around to no avail....

My SD card is 8G Patriot (class 4).

Something has changed in haret.exe from 1/26/2011 that stopped it working correctly.

try the old haret. It may work for now. BUT The future build will be different from this one and therefore you need the new haret.

NeedAPhone

Oct 9, 2008
Strike that, just tried haret.exe from 12/17/2009 and the boot works with this kernel with set INITRD_OFFSET 0x608000

Last edited:

emadadelme

Jan 24, 2010
Bluetooth not working

Hi ,
This is my first experience with Andriod .. the build is perfect and this tutorial is very useful but the only problem is Bluetooth not working ... Bluetooth discovers the devices but not able to pair with them ..
Any help ??

P.S. I am .net developer since 5 years and I can help in some development if you guide me ..

bassiebal

Jun 11, 2009
Hi ,
This is my first experience with Andriod .. the build is perfect and this tutorial is very useful but the only problem is Bluetooth not working ... Bluetooth discovers the devices but not able to pair with them ..
Any help ??

P.S. I am .net developer since 5 years and I can help in some development if you guide me ..

he thats coud be very helpfull but again I am in no way connected to the froyo x red build.it is all tiad8's work.you can offer your service's to him. for th bluetooth part many are having this problem but a fix will be released this week (according to tiad)

oh and for the mirror part here is the link! http://www.mediafire.com/?nmz5s5qnxlzldl3

terrorizernl

Oct 1, 2010
den haag
froyo x2 file is corrupt
can you upload it again camera and wifi not working also 3g has some problems

update :
foud the mirror ;)
testing it now :D

camera ,3g ,bleutooth and wifi still doesnt work

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    So I noticed there wasnt any tutorial on how to install it and you just had to search all the posts in the froyo x thread to figure it out. Now I have done it this way.Im sure there are tons of other ways.But this one workes for me and I just want to share it. I will try to keep it up to date so everybody can install android on their blackstone.

All credits to Tiad8 and other developers this is not my build!

special thanks to TRNSLN who helped me install froyo so I can help you

Anyway first things first. Is this something for me to use daily? well here is your change to figure out.

My homescreen+menu+latitude
    homescreen.png

proof the camera works
    Sample video(shot with blackstone)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OrYAP99pZI4 (embed doesnt work)
    screenshot camera app:
    screenshotaaas.png

sample photo(shot with blackstone) click here for full image

img20110224231634.jpg

So is this something for you?

whats working and whats not?

wifi/3G/sync =Ok!
    market =Ok!
    latitude =Ok!
    Headphones =Ok!
    messaging/calling(call/receive) =Ok!
    Bluetooth =testing..
    Battery =10/11 hour
    Usb =No (at least not with standard app, there have been reports of usb via other program havent tested it yet)
    Chapters of this tutorial:
    [1]Formatting SD card
    [2]Installing Froyo X red
    [3]Installing Camera
    [4]Finishing up

Downloads
    1 Froyo X Red
    2 kernel+libs
    3 Haret+Startup.txt-Ts-Calibration
    4 If having problems with booting android try this startup.txt
    [1]Formatting SD card

Easy as pie.
    put your memory card in a sd card reader (your blackstone will do fine) and plug it in your pc/laptop.
    open My pc and look for your memory card and right click on it.
    Click Format
    57542535.png

make sure FAT32 is selected and click ok
    16774455.png

Ok great Sd card is formatted and ready to go. no lets move on..

[2]Installing froyo X Red /B]
    ok first things first download Froyo X Red and Haret+Startup.txt-Ts-Calibration.
    Then unpack Froyo X Red to the root of your memory card(root means on your memory card not in an folder on your memory card)
    screenieea.png

Then open up Haret+Startup.txt-Ts-Calibration and copy all the files to the root of your memory card.
    screeniew.png

Now unmount your Blackstone or Sd card reader from your pc.Put the Sd card in your blackstone(if it isnt already there) navigate to your storage card and open the file Haret

Now it shoud just give you a bunch of text and a little linux penguin let it load for a while(note: It coud take some minutes so dont think it wont boot)

screeniex.jpg

it shoud boot. now follow the set-up and sync your google account.then turn off your blackstone and reboot it.so it boots in windows mobile again.when its in windows mobile go to the next step!

[3]Installing Camera
    so android working accordingly everything set up but still no camera..
    its time to change that

download kernel+libs

simply unpack the zip to your memory card..
    overwrite zImage
    screenie2a.png

thats that your done. enjoy android with working camera!
    [4]Finishing up

this isnt really a neccesary step but I do recommend it.

open up spare parts and set the Window animation and Transition animation to Fast
    screenshot7xq.png

and your done! have fun with your brand new Android phone..

dont forget to check this thread for updates!

android_logo-waving-150x150.gif

MOD EDIT: Download Links removed!
    +1
    good idea
    thx
    Haha Inderdaad nederlander ;)

I will update and finish it this afternoon hope I get to it. And again I dont intent to claim this as my own android build.It is not mine!

oh en kapie je kan je **** backuppen op je pc.Android erop zetten en dan weer alles terug zetten.moeite waard!
    kan ik doen, maar waar kan ik die versie van jou (die niet van jou is) downloaden?

Ik ga nu verder met de tut en zal ook een download sectie toevoegen

But lets continue this thread in english ;)
    thanks man you make it so easy:)

haha no problem at all. please post feedback!