[Q] ODIN works, but ROM remains unchanged
Hi, Desperately need help. I have been flashing custom ROMs for 2 years now and this is the first time I have encountered this issue.
1. Device is a S3 i9300 international version
2. Device was running Stock 4.1.2 from a ODIN I had done a month ago
3. Recently changed to Omega ROM 4.1.2 and lost IMEI
4. Used ktools, to revery efs, but it did not work
5. Decided to run ODIN again using the same files as before
6. ODIN runs properly, is successful, phone reboots
7. Phone only reboots into Stock ROM - does not ask for Login process, as it always does on first boot. Get the stock ROM with no IMEI even now.
8. Also phone shows a black box in the middle with device data (PDA: 19300xxufme7, Phone: ...., CSC:....., etc.). The box dissappears when I enter app drawer, or any phone menu or app
9. Tried ODIN again. Shows as success. No Login process on first boot despite cache and factory reset in recovery. Black box still in the middle of the screen
10. CF-AutoRoot and TWRP installed successfully
11. Install Android HD revolution ROM to see if that works - No login process on first boot - Phone shows that Android HD is installed - but no IMEI still
Please help. Why am I not able to reset this with ODIN??
Update: Removed the black box by disabling FactoryMode in efs folder - using Root Explorer and instructions on http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5sMtxJRt77k
. OTHER PROBLEM STILL REMAINS. Why doesn't ODIN reset the phone to stock?