[ROOT] One Click HTC One X (AT&T/Rogers/Others) (Win/Mac/Linux)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

cliftonrouse

Feb 3, 2011
I am having no luck rooting on a mac. When I double click the root-mac.sh it just carries me in to xcode? Anyone know how to get this working? Thanks

yungskeeme

Feb 21, 2011
I am having no luck rooting on a mac. When I double click the root-mac.sh it just carries me in to xcode? Anyone know how to get this working? Thanks

I just rooted my phone. This file didnt work for me either but this file I attached did. Im on Mac too. This is what I did..

I extracted the zip and took all the files out and put them on my desktop

Then I opened the terminal and typed in cd desktop, hit enter then chmod +x rootscript.sh entered and then ./rootscript.sh.............do that and it will work...try it

Attachments

• 185_root_script_mac.zip
    1.2 MB · Views: 99

pranavd1980

Oct 14, 2006
Al Ahmadi
Do I Need to Have Unlocked Boot loader for this?

I Dont want to brick my One X like i Did with My Desire.....Dont Mind Noob Q's please......

Aug 5, 2010
I can't seem to be able to download the root.zip (keep getting a timed out error from gititbit.ch). Is there another mirror or can someone provide me an alternative download link please?

Jul 11, 2010
Kansas City, MO
Hey everyone,

I've spent the better part of 2 hours reading this thread and trying to root my phone and nothing seems to work. I am completely lost and I need someone to help me. I've tried the initial instructions with both a PC and a Mac and still no cigar. My phone has a SuperSU icon in my app drawer, but I see nothing about busybox, nor am I albe to remove bloatware. After I guess partially rooting my phone I keep getting error messages and my phone reboots about three times. Anyone have a clue what's going on?

E

E.Cadro

Hey everyone,

I've spent the better part of 2 hours reading this thread and trying to root my phone and nothing seems to work. I am completely lost and I need someone to help me. I've tried the initial instructions with both a PC and a Mac and still no cigar. My phone has a SuperSU icon in my app drawer, but I see nothing about busybox, nor am I albe to remove bloatware. After I guess partially rooting my phone I keep getting error messages and my phone reboots about three times. Anyone have a clue what's going on?

First question would be what software version is your phone?

Sent from my Nocturnalized Beast

adriano222

Sep 30, 2008
Mendoza, Argentina
Link to download ONXR.ZIP

H:confused:ello to all the community! I have a drawback for onxr.zip download the file to perform the root, to whom I please to provide this file because the link is broken. From already thank you very much for such a valuable contribution. Adrian from Argentina.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    CNZ3d.png
    What will this do?
    This will root your One X, install Busybox, and install the SuperSU application for rights management.​
    Instructions

1. Download and install the HTC mobile phone drivers. [Windows]
    2. Download the mod edit: link removed
    3. Extract root.zip into a directory on your computer.
    4. Plug your HTC One X into your computer via USB. Recommended: Plug your device’s USB cable into the back of your computer if you’re using a desktop PC.
    5. Enable USB Debugging on your HTC One X. Settings >> Developer Options >>USB debugging (checked)
    6. Double click root.bat/root-linux.sh/root-mac.sh to run the script.
    7. Congratulations! Your device will reboot a number of times and then you will have full root access.
    Who do I thank?
    Don't thank me. Thank sparkym3 for this exploit. Thank crisis187 for testing it out first! Thanks viperboy for the primetime tool!​
    Linux/Mac untested. Should be working now. Let me know if there are problems.
    Now it should work. File host problem. My bad guys!
    Tips:

-Disable HTC Sync when you do this
    -Make sure the port is open
    -kill existing ADB.exe processes

otherwise you can get adb server out of date messages and a few other errors
    Another quick question (and maybe something that should be mentioned in the OP for other folks), does this reset the device? Any backup of settings/apps needs to be done prior?

No it does not.

Edit: heading to bed (5:36 AM) so I'll be up in 8 or so hours for more questions and support.
    Tips:

-Disable HTC Sync when you do this
    -Make sure the port is open
    -kill existing ADB.exe processes

otherwise you can get adb server out of date messages and a few other errors

Should already do that with adb kill-server command.