Polaroid All in One - Root, Un-Root, Play Store, Should work on other devices

Search This thread

TeODH4

Dec 23, 2012
I'm not sure if the exploit used to gain root in this utility was patched in 4.2.2 or not. But feel free to try the 1.6b package. Either it will work, or it won't. It will not harm your device either way. Neither version support loading Google apps on your device though. You would have to manually install them.

Sent from my LG-D415 running CyanogenMod 11

Reactions: tinker0932

TeODH4

Dec 23, 2012
Im new here in xda, but I do know. bout the basics in rooting a phone
Just wanted to know if this software works with Polaroid PROF700,
Running on android 4.2.2. Im a bit confused though about the info of this software.

I also googled for any info regarding the device, but I was unable to get
Substantial answers for my concern.

Sent from my LG-D415 running CyanogenMod 11

A

Azharlequin

PMID706

Has anyone tried rooting the Polaroid PMID706 with any of the methods in this thread? If so, which method worked for you? Thanks.

gian20

Apr 19, 2013
Manila
Help

will this program work on the Polaroid MID0738 I have this tablet but it is not Rooted and no CWM, please help me to find CWM for this produt. it runs on Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean Build Date: March 26 2014

Rarewein

Nov 9, 2014
Perplexed owner of a PMID 1000D

I have been trying to get this tablet back to a straight 4.0.4. No Google Play or Google store and still fighting it. I have used Kingo and have tried other methods. I can not get rid of the propitiatory crap off this tablet... Any advice tat would not leave me bricked? (Buying a better tablet is an option)

kelshoop

Aug 26, 2013
Getting upset

Polaroid All in One is a C++ application that will easily and quickly Root, Un-Root, and Install / Remove Google Applications and Google Services Framework. This software is designed for the PTAB8000, and PMID800. However, should work for similar tablets running Ice Cream Sandwich and Jelly Bean (Google Apps only supported on Android 4.0.x). If you use this software with any other device please post your results in the this forum.

Requirements
  • Microsoft Windows (Tested on Windows 7 and Windows XP)
  • ADB Drivers Installed
  • Android Device Running 4.0 or 4.1 (Google Apps only supported on 4.0.x)

Use version 1.6b to root your device, then use version 2.1b to install Google Framework.

I just wanted to clear a few things up. I have had a few inquires about PAIO (Polaroid AIO) not installing Google Framework on their devices. The framework included in the latest releases is only compatible with Android 4.0.x. While PAIO v1.6b should be able to root 4.0, and 4.1 devices, the application will refuse to load the framework on a non-compatible version of android. If your tablet is not running a variant of Ice Cream Sandwich, it's simply not going to work. If we continue development we can support newer versions of Android. But, for now you would have to install the framework manually. If you would like to pursue a manual install I recommend you check out this page: Make sure you know what you are doing, and install the version that is correct for your device. I'm waiting to get more feedback on the poll before I decide to continue this project.

Have a great week everyone,

Wayne

As I am sure some of you have noticed by now, this project has not been under active development for over a year now. We had an event that resulted in a loss of the source code for the project. As a result, the project was put on the back burner as it worked "OK"-ish. Between the 1.6b and 2.1b releases it did meet the requirements at the time, which was to root and install a full play store on the PTAB8000, and PMID800 devices. While these devices may not be as popular at this time (they had a fairly high failure rate). There are other Generic devices that people have used this program on, with mixed results. I did have a PTAB8000 with a cracked screen donated a while back. As long as we have people to test/debug, and support the project however they can. I am willing to start the project from scratch (again).

After a nightmare's worth of coding Polaroid All in One v2.1b is finally here. This update aims to provide the best possible user experience. While utilizing the latest patches discovered by the team. I would like to give a special shout out to Android Pizza for taking the initiative to get a fully stocked Play Store on the PTAB8000. Special thanks to the guys over at FreakTab for providing the permission files needed for the patch on the PTAB8000. Last but not least I would like to thank all of you for testing every release. You're feedback is critical to this product. Every post has helped with PAIO's development process.

PTAB8000 users please make sure you are running a stock firmware. If you have tried earlier versions of PAIO, or have used any other files to patch your tablet, you must re-flash your tablet. Please see the section below on flashing your PTAB8000.

I am leaving this version posted as it seems to have been the most stable version. This will work with Android Pizza's tutorial on the PTAB8000, and works perfectly on the PMID800. It is recommended this version be used to root, and 2.1b used to install the framework (if supported on your device).

OK, I'm an idiot. Do you do this on your laptop with the tablet plugged in or download to the tablet it's self? When opening the all in one 1.6 on the laptop with tablet plugged in the window opens and just sits there saying waiting for device to become ready [waiting]. Debuging and stay awake are on. When trying straight to tablet I have no way to run the exe file. I am half way computer literate and have rooted several phones, but this tablet has me completely flustered. Please explain like I'm a two year old. Thank you in advance. :eek:

Pularys

Oct 30, 2015
need help on my polaroid pro5023pw

Sorry to hijack / bumping old thread.

Accidentally deleted Phone.apk from system/app, now I don't have signal, no contact list, unable to make / receive calls. Did a hard resest twice but same issue.

Please, can anyone post a guide and links on how to install a new rom / system on my phone.... Waiting for your replies.

Again phone is Polaroi Pro5023PW.

slman elfarsy

Mar 3, 2016
hi . i have tablet mod s20eg (polaroid ) and i have some problems :
1- the computer could not recognize my tab ( the tab do not has definition ) so i need the definition and want to know how to install it
2- the rom is jelly bean 4.2.2 so i wanted a higher one and the problem is that i did not find the request rom for my tab and if i found it i do not know the way to install it so i ask your help .. because iam really tired from that tab

Ahmedmhmud

Mar 26, 2017
hello i have polaroid tablet s20eg there is aproblem with storage a cant download app as the internal memory is only 1 giga bytes so if there is any kind of help ?

Aoi v1

Aug 9, 2012
Hi, I got model Diamond PMID702DC, as specified by PAIO. I tried rooting, and it went fine until it asks me to select "Restore my data" on my device. I do so, a quick message appears on my tablet (says it restored my data) and then there's nothing... should the cmd say anything else? Should I let my tablet plugged for some time? There are no further instructions on this. Thanks whoever might come to help :p

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Polaroid All in One is a C++ application that will easily and quickly Root, Un-Root, and Install / Remove Google Applications and Google Services Framework. This software is designed for the PTAB8000, and PMID800. However, should work for similar tablets running Ice Cream Sandwich and Jelly Bean (Google Apps only supported on Android 4.0.x). If you use this software with any other device please post your results in the this forum.

Requirements
    • Microsoft Windows (Tested on Windows 7 and Windows XP)
    • ADB Drivers Installed
    • Android Device Running 4.0 or 4.1 (Google Apps only supported on 4.0.x)

Recommended Method

Use version 1.6b to root your device, then use version 2.1b to install Google Framework.

UPDATE 8/11/14 -- Why doesn't this work with my device?

I just wanted to clear a few things up. I have had a few inquires about PAIO (Polaroid AIO) not installing Google Framework on their devices. The framework included in the latest releases is only compatible with Android 4.0.x. While PAIO v1.6b should be able to root 4.0, and 4.1 devices, the application will refuse to load the framework on a non-compatible version of android. If your tablet is not running a variant of Ice Cream Sandwich, it's simply not going to work. If we continue development we can support newer versions of Android. But, for now you would have to install the framework manually. If you would like to pursue a manual install I recommend you check out this page: http://wiki.rootzwiki.com/Google_Apps Make sure you know what you are doing, and install the version that is correct for your device. I'm waiting to get more feedback on the poll before I decide to continue this project.

Have a great week everyone,

Wayne

UPDATE 8/10/14 -- [Quick Survey] Should we continue development?

As I am sure some of you have noticed by now, this project has not been under active development for over a year now. We had an event that resulted in a loss of the source code for the project. As a result, the project was put on the back burner as it worked "OK"-ish. Between the 1.6b and 2.1b releases it did meet the requirements at the time, which was to root and install a full play store on the PTAB8000, and PMID800 devices. While these devices may not be as popular at this time (they had a fairly high failure rate). There are other Generic devices that people have used this program on, with mixed results. I did have a PTAB8000 with a cracked screen donated a while back. As long as we have people to test/debug, and support the project however they can. I am willing to start the project from scratch (again).

All I ask is for a few minutes of your time to take a quick survey to help me understand the interest we have in this project.
    Click here to take the survey.

UPDATE 1/21/13 -- Polaroid AIO v2.1b [Beta Release]

After a nightmare's worth of coding Polaroid All in One v2.1b is finally here. This update aims to provide the best possible user experience. While utilizing the latest patches discovered by the team. I would like to give a special shout out to Android Pizza for taking the initiative to get a fully stocked Play Store on the PTAB8000. Special thanks to the guys over at FreakTab for providing the permission files needed for the patch on the PTAB8000. Last but not least I would like to thank all of you for testing every release. You're feedback is critical to this product. Every post has helped with PAIO's development process.

PTAB8000 users please make sure you are running a stock firmware. If you have tried earlier versions of PAIO, or have used any other files to patch your tablet, you must re-flash your tablet. Please see the section below on flashing your PTAB8000.

JuU1Oke.png

UPDATE 12/30/12 -- Polaroid AIO v1.6b [Old, Stable Release]

I am leaving this version posted as it seems to have been the most stable version. This will work with Android Pizza's tutorial on the PTAB8000, and works perfectly on the PMID800. It is recommended this version be used to root, and 2.1b used to install the framework (if supported on your device).

Downloads
    ADB Drivers
    Polaroid AIO v1.6b
    Polaroid AIO v2.1b

PTAB8000 Flashing Tutorial
    PTAB8000 v2 Firmware (v1 is no longer hosted by Southern Telecom)
    Fair enough, I'll inspect the files a little more closely and see if we can shrink it all down. Did you have to run the Play Store before using the second set of files? Or does it work just the same if you copy both sets and then run the Play Store for the first time since the re-flash?

I updated the Main Post to reflect your method and created Mediafire mirrors of your files.

Regards,

Wayne

Honestly, I have no idea. I might do some experimenting to find out soon.
    Until then, we'll just have to wait for some feedback!

AndroidPizza
    Sort of, you see, when I got Google Play working I used one permission package then another. They don't seem to work alone. I tried to make this tutorial as close as it can be to what I did to get it working.

AndroidPizza

Fair enough, I'll inspect the files a little more closely and see if we can shrink it all down. Did you have to run the Play Store before using the second set of files? Or does it work just the same if you copy both sets and then run the Play Store for the first time since the re-flash?

I updated the Main Post to reflect your method and created Mediafire mirrors of your files.

Regards,

Wayne
    Honestly, I have no idea. I might do some experimenting to find out soon.
    Until then, we'll just have to wait for some feedback!

AndroidPizza

Sounds good, In the mean time I'm going to do a GUI rewrite of PolaroidAIO.
    Are the files in DSPermissions all the permission files you needed to get the play store working?

Sort of, you see, when I got Google Play working I used one permission package then another. They don't seem to work alone. I tried to make this tutorial as close as it can be to what I did to get it working.

AndroidPizza