[APP] Moboplayer: the best video player for Android apk

Search This thread

kishin14

Jul 22, 2010
I've paid for and used both rockplayer and vplayer. But rockplayer sucked on the droid x after version 1.2 and vplayer hiccups a little too often. Lately I've been using vitalpayer and soulplayer. Both are available for free from the market and actually seem better than both the paid rockplayer and vplayer.

Then I came across this new video player yesterday and I have to say, it's the best player I've tried. The UI is very slick and user-friendly, especially the file manager aspect. It also plays every file I've thrown at it (but haven't tried mkv's yet) and has both hardware and software decode mode. (Just remember to long press on video file to select software decode mode).

It's still in beta testing and says its limited to a certain number of testers but I was able to sign up directly from the app without issue. You have to provide an email address for testing purposes (I'm assuming) so if you're not comfortable with providing its, this app is not for you. But for me, it was a no brainer.

Awesome app.

View attachment MoboPlayer_v7_neon.apk

Should work on all high-end ARM V7 CPU Android devices

Would give credit but don't know who to give credit too. Will update when I do. Enjoy!

Last edited:

AlsonBC

Sep 14, 2010
really useful post!!

I've paid for and used both rockplayer and vplayer. But rockplayer sucked on the droid x after version 1.2 and vplayer hiccups a little too often. Lately I've been using vitalpayer and soulplayer. Both are available for free from the market and actually seem better than both the paid rockplayer and vplayer.

Then I came across this new video player yesterday and I have to say, it's the best player I've tried. The UI is very slick and user-friendly, especially the file manager aspect. It also plays every file I've thrown at it (but haven't tried mkv's yet) and has both hardware and software decode mode. (Just remember to long press on video file to select software decode mode).

It's still in beta testing and says its limited to a certain number of testers but I was able to sign up directly from the app without issue. You have to provide an email address for testing purposes (I'm assuming) so if you're not comfortable with providing its, this app is not for you. But for me, it was a no brainer.

Awesome app.

View attachment 503438

Would give credit but don't know who to give credit too. Will update when I do. Enjoy!

i really liked this app.. high power rendering.. can render a mkv file of 180 mb and not too bad fps too for the same.. but the audio video sync is little buggy.. i think it needs to be fixed... else its a wonderful and the best app available as a multi format video player!!

jknarf

Nov 14, 2010
Very nice player, best I'd ever tested. But I don't like the License violation of ffmpeg. :/

Sian

Dec 22, 2006
Singapore
Wao..! This is much nicer than vPlayer.. in terms of UI. Like the vol and brightness control on the right and left side.. making tweaking them a breeze!

ABC_Universal

Jan 30, 2011
I was reluctant to try moboplayer because it requires registration. But rockplayer was made much worse since version 1.2, after part of the original team left for moboplayer. vplayer is now free for Chinese users but it has a lot of decoding problems and random crashes. UM Player (悠米解霸) is barely usable at all.

In my case, moboplayer has by far the best video decoding (smoothness and artifects) for universal players I ever used/tried, and the best file management (though still minimal):
moboplayer >> rockplayer (below 1.2) > rockplayer (1.2 and above) > vplayer >> umplayer

My only problem with moboplayer now is the forced update. I understand the reasons behind but it just don't feel good being forced. I'd rather pay a few bucks for peace.

aditya104

Oct 17, 2010
I have never needed another video player. I download music videos mostly in mp4 format and they play fine on the stock video player on SGS running froyo. Is there any SGS user here? Recommending another video player?

For others, is the stock video player not good enough?

Reactions: thebodom

pacotort

Dec 9, 2010
i got the sgs vibrant and there are still some videos i can't play with some players...this one comes close but one video i play can't hear the audio...is a mkv format..

Tiger33

Nov 8, 2008
gotta say really like this player - does the job nicely
resuming, subtitle support, HD support (on the Galaxy S), MKV

excellent

coiledwire

Oct 20, 2010
norcal
I still use rockplayer(beta). Can anyone say this moboplayer is better?

Rockplayer(beta) does good for me except for +2GB wmv files, where I lose any ability to FF or REW.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Awesome app.

View attachment MoboPlayer_v7_neon.apk

I have never needed another video player. I download music videos mostly in mp4 format and they play fine on the stock video player on SGS running froyo. Is there any SGS user here? Recommending another video player?

For others, is the stock video player not good enough?
    Kishin, you sure know how to make a guy happy. I just updated it to the new version(1.0.132_v7_neon). Works very well indeed. Just when I thought it would not play a video, long press saves the day. When it initially asked for my email, and I decided to enter it, it entered it on it's own. :confused: I can see that Rockplayer is on it's way out by days end.:D

I've added the updated .apk just in case...;)
    I'll give it a try....

I've been using mVideoplayer. It's been superb player.. Really Love it :]
    MoboPlayer for Android v1.2.145 Universal (100% working, tested .apk on x8)

for Sony Ericsson x8 you need to download ARM V6_VFP.apk from:

moboplayer.com