[Q] FireTV low on storage

Search This thread

adionita

Jun 20, 2009
Can anyone please help me to clean up some of the storage on the FTV as I only have 0.5 Gb free from the available 5.5 ?

I tried using ES file explorer's SD card analyst tool but i can only see 1.5 Gb ocupied. I don't know how to clean up the rest to 5.5 gb.

I think the cache is not user available on thsi device.

KarlP

Mar 1, 2011
Can anyone please help me to clean up some of the storage on the FTV as I only have 0.5 Gb free from the available 5.5 ?

I tried using ES file explorer's SD card analyst tool but i can only see 1.5 Gb ocupied. I don't know how to clean up the rest to 5.5 gb.

You have XBMC on there? The thumbnail directory can get large with a big library.

You can delete it, but unless you find do an alternate location, it's going to rebuild. You can find the thumbnail location on the XBMC wiki. There's also a thread here about changing the advancedsettings.xml to store them on a USB mounted share. You can also store them on a central server which is what I do.

adionita

Jun 20, 2009
You have XBMC on there? The thumbnail directory can get large with a big library.

You can delete it, but unless you find do an alternate location, it's going to rebuild. You can find the thumbnail location on the XBMC wiki. There's also a thread here about changing the advancedsettings.xml to store them on a USB mounted share. You can also store them on a central server which is what I do.

i deleted the thumbnail directory but there is still another 3gb that i cannot find using es file explorer. I think the FTV builds it's cache somewhere else than the sdcard and i cannot seem to find it.

fireTVnews.com

Jun 6, 2014
www.fireTVnews.com
i deleted the thumbnail directory but there is still another 3gb that i cannot find using es file explorer. I think the FTV builds it's cache somewhere else than the sdcard and i cannot seem to find it.

DIskUsage is a simple little app that works well on the Fire TV. Sideload it and use it to determine which apps are using all your storage. If you have apps with a lot of storage under "data", you can move that to an externally attached USB drive if you're rooted.

Last edited:
Reactions: ant17

rp201

Dec 18, 2010

check (not sure of exact path but something like) sdcard0/.android/.estrong......./tmp where it caches sideloaded files if you installed apps using es explorer. (or wipe cache in es explorer maybe)

hmagoo

Sep 29, 2011
Palm Desert, CA
have you gone into settings in the Fire TV Home screen and looked at each applications cache? Photos had 375MB when I looked and I don't even use photos (probably for the screensaver I guess..)

ant17

Jan 8, 2015
san francisco
fixed finally

DIskUsage is a simple little app that works well on the Fire TV. Sideload it and use it to determine which apps are using all your storage. If you have apps with a lot of storage under "data", you can move that to an externally attached USB drive if you're rooted.

Big thanks for the tip. I got diskusage and opened it. I have over 600MB of ace stream files visible in ES file explorer. After updating ES, I was able to right click on those files and delete them. I check Kodi in system and now back to 1.5G free space. Thanks again, as all the youtubes and other suggestions about thumbnails, cache, etc.... are a total waste of time, they will not solve the problem.

Top Liked Posts