Help us request source code if you haven't already done so.

Search This thread

LuqmaanMathee

Nov 27, 2013
Cape Town
Hey guys over on novafusion.pl a post was made requesting us to ask Samsung for source code. Maybe I'm posting this in the wrong place but anyway. I agree with these guys 100%. We as a community will show them our power. Keep spamming their page! We will not stop till we get what we want! See the post here
[/URL]http://novafusion.pl/2014/07/21/lets-spam-samsung-osrc-seriously/#comment-54839 Come on guys! Let's show them that...'t care, just get this out there! Thanks guys

Reactions: gsmyth

LuuchoRocha

Nov 21, 2013
they gave me an answer:

Dear customer,

We are sorry that you are waiting for Linux kernel source of GT-I8190 for a long time.
We are now planning to upload source code for GT-I8190

Sorry for your inconvience.
We will email you right after uploading source code.

Thank you.

Sincerely yours,

----- Original Message -----
Sender : Luciano (...)
Date : 2014-07-22 03:56:30 (GMT+09:00)

I’d like to request the most recent Linux kernel source code for Samsung Galaxy S3 Mini i8190. Source code already available on Samsung Opensource is very outdated and not up-to-date with Samsung internal source code, which can be proved.

According to GNU GPL license you are obliged to publish any source code you had changed in Linux kernel, and you are violating law by not publishing it.

Please, stop pretending that current kernel is up-to-date and just update it. Community have had enough waiting for you to even answer to our requests.

Samsung Open Source Release Center
http://opensource.samsung.com

I can't believe this, but, never know, maybe they update the kernel sources :)

bigalli

Jun 13, 2008
...and also for NFC version:

♦ model name : GT-I8190N - Galaxy S3 mini ♦

Dear customer,

We are sorry that you are waiting for Linux kernel source of GT-I8190 for a long time.
We are now planning to upload source code for GT-I8190, GT-I8190N.

GT-I8190L is uploaded, GT-I8190L_LA_JB_Opensource.zip.

Thank you.

Sincerely yours,

---------- Post added at 12:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:37 PM ----------

The update pack for I8190XXANF3 was released
GT-8190_JB_Opensource_Update2.zip

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    they gave me an answer:

Dear customer,

We are now planning to upload source code for GT-I8190

Thank you.

Sincerely yours,

----- Original Message -----
    Sender : Luciano (...)
    Date : 2014-07-22 03:56:30 (GMT+09:00)

I’d like to request the most recent Linux kernel source code for Samsung Galaxy S3 Mini i8190. Source code already available on Samsung Opensource is very outdated and not up-to-date with Samsung internal source code, which can be proved.

According to GNU GPL license you are obliged to publish any source code you had changed in Linux kernel, and you are violating law by not publishing it.

Please, stop pretending that current kernel is up-to-date and just update it. Community have had enough waiting for you to even answer to our requests.

Samsung Open Source Release Center
    http://opensource.samsung.com

I can't believe this, but, never know, maybe they update the kernel sources :)
    ...and also for NFC version:

♦ model name : GT-I8190N - Galaxy S3 mini ♦

Dear customer,

We are now planning to upload source code for GT-I8190, GT-I8190N.

GT-I8190L is uploaded, GT-I8190L_LA_JB_Opensource.zip.

Thank you.

Sincerely yours,

---------- Post added at 12:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:37 PM ----------

The update pack for I8190XXANF3 was released
    GT-8190_JB_Opensource_Update2.zip
    Hey guys over on novafusion.pl a post was made requesting us to ask Samsung for source code. Maybe I'm posting this in the wrong place but anyway. I agree with these guys 100%. We as a community will show them our power. Keep spamming their page! We will not stop till we get what we want! See the post here
    [/URL]http://novafusion.pl/2014/07/21/lets-spam-samsung-osrc-seriously/#comment-54839 Come on guys! Let's show them that...'t care, just get this out there! Thanks guys
    Good that we have victory. The mods can close this thread now:)
    for NFC

Samsung released sources for SIII mini NFC, version I8190NXXANR6
    GT-I8190N_JB_Opensource_Update1.zip