Whats next....?

Search This thread

Mindfreak14

Feb 26, 2011
Mumbai
HTC One

I wont sell my wildfire in any case though!! ..as my 1st android has thought me soo mch abt Android smartphones...the first tym root nervousness, minor tweaks(OCing, boosting internal mem to 300Mb!!), putting in new features(LWP running, GPS fix n d best Beats audio working :D) n showing off wat a simple budget Phone could do :)

I think my next wud surely be HTC..i'll go for the new beast One X :D if the price is too high then may be One S ..waiting for the launch in April ;)

Jan 20, 2011
There will always be a new version of android for Wildfire, because the devs will keep working at it until the hardware gives out :p And when it does, they'll switch their focus to working on improving the version of android the Wildfire tops out at, so we'll eventually end up with a rom thats stable as anything :D
But I don't think 4.0.x is the last version of android the wildfire will see.

huston8

Apr 15, 2012
Mumbai
You are right about everything you said, but Wildfire is my first andrid device and im somehow sentimentally bounded to HTC, but well you never know where the road can take me. I though about SGS, as a cheaper solution (price is a important asspet in my case, for now). One thing is sure im not going to take LG as i had few bad experiences with them in past.

And you are right about SGN, they made few poor moves with graphic chip and 5mp camera, but i recon Samsung is saving its strenght for SGS III.

Same here.....Wildfire being my first android device...and now with lots of development with new ROMs around, its still not the time to give-up :)

imminent_

Apr 22, 2012
What about htc explorer?

Sorry for being OT, but can somebody clarify whether htc explorer will have CyanogenMod support or not?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I've put the device config for ICS up on GitHub, so anyone that wants to can build from it. You can also get a prebuilt version of it here: http://www.multiupload.com/1Y14642PG0 (I'm not bothering making a new thread for it). It should be ok enough to poke around in. Consider it some kind of Christmas gift. :p
    My dear friends

I know that I'm suppose to do it in an new thread, but this is just a quicky:
    - latest build (checkout the new options for het launcher)
    All that other stuff that didn't work (camera, gmail, ..) will not work as well.

For the issue of the keyboard going wrong: I modified gapps a bit so it uses our ICS keyboard now. As far as I can see (market etc) all is working fine, with the correct keyboard.
    - download the modified gapps
    - note that this, sadly, won't fix gmail to open up mails.
    - please inform me when a new version of gapps is available so I can adapt mine.

And now I'm going off this forum for the rest of the day, stupid exams :p
    All the best,
    Erwin

EDIT
    I believe that you can just flash this modified gapps over the old one, no need to whipe everything. Try it, but if it doesn't work (i.e. if the portrait keyboard still doesn't fit), whipe everything and flash this modified gapps.
    In case I haven't mentioned it already, I just like to state that there won't be an official version of CM9 for the Wildfire. The issues of having no GPU, is practically impossible to overcome. I'll still be pushing some stuff to my github from time to time, but all my focus is now on the Galaxy W. And I'll tell you right away, ICS on a device having a GPU is sooo much better than on a device without it. Time to move on folks! :)
    I'm thinking in moving to Samsung Galaxy Nexus
    What do you think guys, is it a good choice or there are better choices in the same price range?

but first am waiting to CM9, after that i will take the decision.

Arco, any good news about CM9??
    Not so good news I'm afraid. Although it's not so much of a problem getting most of the hardware to work (except camera which all devices struggle with atm), the biggest problem for us is that Google has completely removed all support in the source for non-GPU devices. Even in Gingerbread we had to rely on hacks to make the ui smooth, but these hacks are not easy to implement in ICS due to lot's of code removed. I've managed to forward port some of it, but it's far from perfect. A lot better than without it, but still not as smooth as in Gingerbread. There's also something weird with the color space in Android now, which I guess is because it expects and uses graphics capabilities we don't have. For example gradients look like crap, like they are shown in 8 bit mode or something. Unless someone are able to fix it, I don't expect there will be a CM9 for the Wildfire. Almost all of the top coders are working on the high-end devices and probably doesn't give a crap, so I'm not optimistic.
    Sorry guys, didn't know that there where others interested.There are still quite some lags, and the updates for buzz aren't much preformance speeding, last time I checked.
    The build is started, but it takes some time on my old laptop. As I'm having examen today, I will not be able to upload it untill this evening. But you will hear from me again ;-)

Wish me luck today :)
    Erwin

Edit: I was confusing myself :p here you:
    http://www.multiupload.com/4QGT5ZIL5E

Don't know if it works, haven't been able to test it myself.