skyrocket cm9 is "in the oven"

Search This thread

R4INS

Jan 18, 2012
I got a confirmation from cyanogenmod that the skyrocket and t989 are being worked on currently. So as long as they don't decide to drop us we will be getting cm9 at some point in the future. I posted on a Google+ post of theirs. If you have Google+ go to their page, and then their post for "status update on nightly builds". You will see someone mention the t989 them me mention the skyrocketing followed by a confirmation.

Sorry no link, I'm on my phone and its a pain in the butt.

droid512

Jan 20, 2011
Austin
Why didn't the team member from
Cm working on it reach out to jomeister or even xboarder

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using XDA Premium App

N

nrm5110

Why didn't the team member from
Cm working on it reach out to jomeister or even xboarder

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using XDA Premium App

Probably trying to avoid the storm it would create of eta's and nonsensical threads its best they hold off till they are ready for us skyrocket users

people who live in glass houses sink ships

R4INS

Jan 18, 2012
But don't get your hopes up just yet.. most stuff won't actually work... data, camera, wireless, sdcard mount and stuff right?

The cyanogenmod guys are pros, they have done this sort of thing for tons of phones. They will get it down for sure, granted they may have to wait for stock ics from Samsung to button a few things up.

Reactions: mindmajick

CZ Eddie

Sep 27, 2011
Austin, TX
I'm guessing it'll be a couple months before they release a beta.
And may not start official work on it until 4.0 is release for the T989 or 727.

R4INS

Jan 18, 2012
I'm guessing it'll be a couple months before they release a beta.
And may not start official work on it until 4.0 is release for the T989 or 727.

They have alpha daily builds for the original s2. And yes I wouldn't expect anything for a month or two. They admitted it being behind where the s2 development is.

Reactions: mindmajick

mbucks911

Nov 24, 2011
Washington DC
I got a confirmation from cyanogenmod that the skyrocket and t989 are being worked on currently. So as long as they don't decide to drop us we will be getting cm9 at some point in the future. I posted on a Google+ post of theirs. If you have Google+ go to their page, and then their post for "status update on nightly builds". You will see someone mention the t989 them me mention the skyrocketing followed by a confirmation.

Sorry for asking, but when you get home can you post a link to this announcement I can't seem to find it

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

I hate to be a noob aking this (sorry about that), but what exactly is "cm9":confused:

D:!!!!! How do you not know?? It's like the best handgun ever!

Kidding, Google cyanogenmod, its their mod for ice cream sandwich

Sent from my Skyrocket Running NexusMod 4.1b
    sure you meant that.

will be interesting to see where our first ICS working rom will come from. (Samsung, CM9 or other)

I mean I admit to the act of doing it. But it was so a typo.
    Sorry for asking, but when you get home can you post a link to this announcement I can't seem to find it

It wasn't so much as an "announcement" as it was a confirmation from a cyanogenmod dev that they are working on our device. It was on Google+. All they said was the skyrocket and the t989 are being worked on, but are farther behind than the standard s2. They also stated that due to computer issues they are behind on builds but in a few weeks they will start to pick up speed.

That's pretty much a summary of what was said. You really aren't missing much by not finding it.
    Hell f#ck#ng yeah! I just +1'd your comment Josh.

Thank you for sharing this info!