UCLF6 Firmware.exe

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

davo42002

Jul 7, 2012
It seems to me that everyone thinks that by installing/flasing a ROM, you getthe newest "firmware" on your phone.

this is not true, and it's getting aggravating. Your "firmware" and you "os/Rom" are two completely different things.

The firmware file is an actual .exe file that you execute via odin.

On your PC, double-click SGH-I717UCLF5_478C4F494FE1D8194C6BD7758C972351.exe to run Odin.
Turn off your phone.
Reboot your phone to Download Mode. To do that, press the Power and Volume Down keys of your phone until you see “Warning!!” displayed on the screen. Press the Volume Up key to continue into Download Mode.
Connect your phone to the computer via USB cable.
Odin will automatically recognize your phone and will display an “Added” displayed in the message box on the Odin window.
If you don’t see one, you may have to re-install the drivers.
Also try to use the USB port at the back of your computer’s CPU if your phone is not detected.
In Odin, click the Start button to proceed with flashing the UCLF5 firmware on your phone.
The flashing will take a few minutes and when it’s done your phone will automatically reboot. When you see the Samsung logo, it indicates that you can now safely unplug your phone from the PC. You will also see a “PASS” message on the upper left of the Odin window which means that the flashing is successful.
However, if Odin gets stuck or you get a “FAIL” message, you just have to disconnect your phone from the PC, close the Odin window, remove and reinsert your phone’s battery, and start from step 1 again.
Hurray! You have just installed the leaked Android 4.0 ICS build UCLF5 firmware on the AT&T Samsung Galaxy Note SGH-I717.

Case in point. now....

Just because you have ICS 4.0.4 OS/ROM/whatever you make, it does not mean you have the latest firmware. Nobody really seems to understand that.

I have the At&t galaxy note and I'm currently using UCLF5 firmware, with ICS 4.0.4, (CM 9 ROM) that was installed via Clockwork Recovery Mod.

People also seem to think that by installing the stock rom that at&t put out via odin, EX:I717UCLF6_I717ATTLF6_I717UCLF6_HOME.tar.md5, it somehow puts the firmware on your phone. This is untrue. As I've said earlier, a firmware update via odin is done through an .exe file. EX:I717UCLF5_478C4F494FE1D8194C6BD7758C972351.exe

Now, my question is.... Has anybody found the .exe firmware file (UCLF6) for the at&t note yet? I have yet to find it.

fbauto1

Mar 27, 2012
The exe file is most likely a virus. I didn't even care to check. This thread's been reported

Last edited:
Reactions: travperk

sirheck

Apr 3, 2012
I have ran UCLE 5 (sucked), UCLE 3, UCLE 2 and now UCLF 6 the latest and official one. They seem like updates/upgrades to me.

davo42002

Jul 7, 2012
There is no virus, thanks for implying that though. It's just a post with pain text.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using xda app-developers app

davo42002

Jul 7, 2012
Also, being that this was my first post, xda does not allow you to use outside links in your first 10 posts. So this link you speak of is non-existent.

Reactions: fbauto1

davo42002

Jul 7, 2012
thanks for nothing, you have been reported as well.

Y

yollasho

Odin updates contain all of the firmware. Recovery, kernel, modem, operating system.

Many ROMs contain kernel, and modem, along with operating system. ROM is not even really the right term, just a carryover from older technology that really was read only memory. So analyzing its usage is fairly silly anyways. If anything, the various ROMs seem more akin to distributions of Android, at least the main powerhouses (cm, aokp, etc).

Seeing how worthless stock recovery is, we can say having CWMR or TWRP installed constitutes having a later and greater portion of firmware installed.

As far as the note i717 goes f6/4.0.4 is the latest official version. After that there's nothing official.

What's the point of all this anyways? Why would I need an exe file for my Linux based handset anyways. Cornfused.

BANANA!

lactardjosh

Dec 25, 2010
What you are describing is a one-click Odin file. That is not how the official release is distributed.

The official firmware update for AT&T is done with Kies and not Odin. Kies is an officially released public-use software designed to interface with Samsung phones at the end user level. Odin is leaked software that is for internal Samsung employees. We're not even supposed to be using Odin as end users.

There are ROMs based on every version of official and leaked releases for the Note. There are also ROMs but from CM9 and AOKP source.

ICS 4.0.4 UCLF6 is the official release from Samsung for AT&T and you can only get the 100% official stock firmware from Kies. Everything else had been touched by a developer in some way, even if it's just repackaging it as an Odin one-click or CWM flashbacks file.

Reactions: bbobarino

roloracer

Jul 8, 2008
Kissimmee
It seems to me that everyone thinks that by installing/flasing a ROM, you getthe newest "firmware" on your phone.

this is not true, and it's getting aggravating. Your "firmware" and you "os/Rom" are two completely different things.

On your PC, double-click SGH-I717UCLF5_478C4F494FE1D8194C6BD7758C972351.exe to run Odin.
Turn off your phone.
Reboot your phone to Download Mode. To do that, press the Power and Volume Down keys of your phone until you see “Warning!!” displayed on the screen. Press the Volume Up key to continue into Download Mode.
Odin will automatically recognize your phone and will display an “Added” displayed in the message box on the Odin window.
Also try to use the USB port at the back of your computer’s CPU if your phone is not detected.
In Odin, click the Start button to proceed with flashing the UCLF5 firmware on your phone.
The flashing will take a few minutes and when it’s done your phone will automatically reboot. When you see the Samsung logo, it indicates that you can now safely unplug your phone from the PC. You will also see a “PASS” message on the upper left of the Odin window which means that the flashing is successful.
However, if Odin gets stuck or you get a “FAIL” message, you just have to disconnect your phone from the PC, close the Odin window, remove and reinsert your phone’s battery, and start from step 1 again.
Hurray! You have just installed the leaked Android 4.0 ICS build UCLF5 firmware on the AT&T Samsung Galaxy Note SGH-I717.

Case in point. now....

Just because you have ICS 4.0.4 OS/ROM/whatever you make, it does not mean you have the latest firmware. Nobody really seems to understand that.

I have the At&t galaxy note and I'm currently using UCLF5 firmware, with ICS 4.0.4, (CM 9 ROM) that was installed via Clockwork Recovery Mod.

People also seem to think that by installing the stock rom that at&t put out via odin, EX:I717UCLF6_I717ATTLF6_I717UCLF6_HOME.tar.md5, it somehow puts the firmware on your phone. This is untrue. As I've said earlier, a firmware update via odin is done through an .exe file. EX:I717UCLF5_478C4F494FE1D8194C6BD7758C972351.exe

Now, my question is.... Has anybody found the .exe firmware file (UCLF6) for the at&t note yet? I have yet to find it.

I'm sorry but does a similar version of april fools day excists and I don't know anything about it??

firmware and OS/ROM are not the same? WTH !!!!!

Yes firmware and OS/ROM is the same thing, and the latest firmware is not a dumb .exe (executable) file which the purpose of a .exe is to start a process for you and add install said firmware.

Just so you know if you were to unpack a one click firmware .exe, a odin tar and a rom zip, the files are all the same, except from the odin stock files are ext4 format and the ones on a zip are not, and yes if your phone says android 4.0.4 and uclf6 that is the latest version of such firmware.

further more installing .tar thru odin does install new firmware, if you look at the file names you added here:
EX:I717UCLF6_I717ATTLF6_I717UCLF6_HOME.tar.md5
EX:I717UCLF5_478C4F494FE1D8194C6BD7758C972351.exe

if you examine the file names same initial code, except i7171uclf5 is the last leak and i717uclf6 is the final official release.
now the rest of the code on the tar file is from the internal files, ending with an md5, and your exe's 478C4F494FE1D8194C6BD7758C972351 is the md5 checksum.

I'm still having my morning coffee so I'm not going to start flaming anyone but you might want to get your information straight before coming here and posting stuff like this , and avoid people reporting anything.

And one last thing even after AT&T and Samsung stop putting out firmware updates , we will always have the latest firmware because the awesome devs here make firmware updates straight from the android source code, the same source that Samsung uses to make AT&T firmware, so yes we will always have the latest firmware and not from a dumb .exe. :cool:

DAGr8

Inactive Recognized Developer
Feb 27, 2010
Montreal
it baffles me how one can come on a development forum such as XDA and post non sense like this .

do you know what an exe is ?

to keep it simple its an executable that will unpack itself and run stuff automatically .

have you ever unpacked a samsung one ?

have you compared it s content to a 'tar.md5' as you call it ?

well I have and ill tell you:

the exe is nothing else then odin and a tar.md5 packed together .

FYI the exe are not executed via odin they ARE ODIN , the tar.md5 on the other end need to be flashed via odin .

and fyi , these EXE are not official you can not download them from any 'official source' they are ALWAYS leaked stuff .

ignorance is nothing to be ashamed of but spreading it .... :eek:

Last edited:

jayRokk

Jan 12, 2012
Rack City
Wow.....

This thread left me speechless...

God faceplamed his own face when he read this...

Wow

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Tapatalk 2

Reactions: rquiett
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    it baffles me how one can come on a development forum such as XDA and post non sense like this .

do you know what an exe is ?

to keep it simple its an executable that will unpack itself and run stuff automatically .

have you ever unpacked a samsung one ?

have you compared it s content to a 'tar.md5' as you call it ?

well I have and ill tell you:

the exe is nothing else then odin and a tar.md5 packed together .

FYI the exe are not executed via odin they ARE ODIN , the tar.md5 on the other end need to be flashed via odin .

and fyi , these EXE are not official you can not download them from any 'official source' they are ALWAYS leaked stuff .

ignorance is nothing to be ashamed of but spreading it .... :eek:

Turn off your phone.

Case in point. now....

I'm sorry but does a similar version of april fools day excists and I don't know anything about it??

firmware and OS/ROM are not the same? WTH !!!!!

Yes firmware and OS/ROM is the same thing, and the latest firmware is not a dumb .exe (executable) file which the purpose of a .exe is to start a process for you and add install said firmware.

Just so you know if you were to unpack a one click firmware .exe, a odin tar and a rom zip, the files are all the same, except from the odin stock files are ext4 format and the ones on a zip are not, and yes if your phone says android 4.0.4 and uclf6 that is the latest version of such firmware.

further more installing .tar thru odin does install new firmware, if you look at the file names you added here:
    EX:I717UCLF6_I717ATTLF6_I717UCLF6_HOME.tar.md5
    EX:I717UCLF5_478C4F494FE1D8194C6BD7758C972351.exe

if you examine the file names same initial code, except i7171uclf5 is the last leak and i717uclf6 is the final official release.
    now the rest of the code on the tar file is from the internal files, ending with an md5, and your exe's 478C4F494FE1D8194C6BD7758C972351 is the md5 checksum.

I'm still having my morning coffee so I'm not going to start flaming anyone but you might want to get your information straight before coming here and posting stuff like this , and avoid people reporting anything.

And one last thing even after AT&T and Samsung stop putting out firmware updates , we will always have the latest firmware because the awesome devs here make firmware updates straight from the android source code, the same source that Samsung uses to make AT&T firmware, so yes we will always have the latest firmware and not from a dumb .exe. :cool:
    The exe file is most likely a virus. I didn't even care to check. This thread's been reported
    Also, being that this was my first post, xda does not allow you to use outside links in your first 10 posts. So this link you speak of is non-existent.

What you are describing is a one-click Odin file. That is not how the official release is distributed.

The official firmware update for AT&T is done with Kies and not Odin. Kies is an officially released public-use software designed to interface with Samsung phones at the end user level. Odin is leaked software that is for internal Samsung employees. We're not even supposed to be using Odin as end users.

There are ROMs based on every version of official and leaked releases for the Note. There are also ROMs but from CM9 and AOKP source.

ICS 4.0.4 UCLF6 is the official release from Samsung for AT&T and you can only get the 100% official stock firmware from Kies. Everything else had been touched by a developer in some way, even if it's just repackaging it as an Odin one-click or CWM flashbacks file.