Just flashed my phone to AllianceROM using Safestrap.

Search This thread

Dazterius26

Aug 28, 2014
Atlanta Ga
Installing AllianceROM using Safestrap

Hello all im new to the forums and to rooting and flashing roms your help would be appreciated.
Im trying to put AllianceRom on my Rooted Samsung Galaxy s5 SM-G900V im wiith Verizon.
When using safestrap to flash AllianceRom and SuperSu I get this message.

Zip install
Udating partition details...
Full Selinux Support is present..
Updating partition details...
E: unable to open zip file.
Error flashing zip '/external_
sd/lost.DIR/Kite
VZW_AllianceRom_Build1.1zip"

Then its says Failed in red

Hope somebody can help :D

Dazterius26

Aug 28, 2014
Atlanta Ga
and the reply you got was to use stock slot.. NOT a rom slot.. i thought it said in instructions for the rom to use stock slot?

Sent from my SM-G900V using XDA Free mobile app

No I dont think so I thought that was the whole point in installing safestrap so I could create a rom slot
so i wont mess up anything on my stock slot. I would send you a link to the vidoe on youtube im using to
install Alliancerom but it wont let me bs im a new member.:(

Dazterius26

Aug 28, 2014
Atlanta Ga
Installing AllianceROM using Safestrap

I have try to flash both from the internal memory and external sd card. Do you think maybe I dont have enough memory on the phone to install Alliance rom I have about 2 or 3 gigs of free space on the phone, and 117 gigs on sd card.

its saying Updating partition details...
Full SELinux support is present.
Updating Partition details...
E: Unable to open zip file.
Error flashing zip " /datamedia/media/0/download/klwtevzw_AllianceRom_Build1.1zip'
Udating Partition details...

And is say Failed in red

jagrave

Jan 31, 2011
I have try to flash both from the internal memory and external sd card. Do you think maybe I dont have enough memory on the phone to install Alliance rom I have about 2 or 3 gigs of free space on the phone, and 117 gigs on sd card.

its saying Updating partition details...
Full SELinux support is present.
E: Unable to open zip file.
Error flashing zip " /datamedia/media/0/download/klwtevzw_AllianceRom_Build1.1zip'
Udating Partition details...

And is say Failed in red
Try downloading the rom again or check the md5. If all checks out move it to root of SD card and try. If it still doesn't work install on STOCK slot like everyone, and the op for that rom, tells you to do. Everyone is installing to stock slot to avoid errors and problems. I wouldn't even recommend to try on rom slot anymore and just go straight to STOCK slot.

Reactions: Dazterius26

chrisbass

Jun 19, 2011
Norwich
www.pinchingmypalm.com
Yes, that's the main reason you back up your stock slot to your SD card, on your computer, or somewhere it's safe and readily available. Just in case anything goes wrong it'll let you wipe the stock slot, restore your stock backup and you'll be right back to the same state you were in before you flashed your new ROM. If your scared or apprehensive about anything just read ( and re-read) as much as you can find on the specific topic your interested in before doing anything to your phone, XDA is incredible and I'd say 99% of the answers your ever going to need have already been answered somewhere in some thread. Sounds cheesy but knowledge really is power. Good luck, don't be scared, and most of all have fun.

Last edited:
Reactions: Dazterius26

Dazterius26

Aug 28, 2014
Atlanta Ga
I GOT IT

Thanks guy I got it to work AllianceRom is now running on my phone with safestrap, I had to clean up the phone to increase memory.
A I had to download the Rom file 3 times from a couple of different web sites. So im guessing it was the memory issue or a corrupt or damaged Rom file.:D

Top Liked Posts