Unlocked AT&T G2 on T-Mobile unable to use mobile hotspot

Search This thread

diorgalore

Aug 11, 2014
This entire day has been hell.
After finally unlocking my phone, I went out and got a T-Mo Sim from Walmart and I am currently using the 'walmart plan'.

After spending hours trying to get the data to work on the phone, having to make an 'APN' to do so, I decided to purchase the mobile hotspot service.

Although the 4G LTE works flawlessly on TMO's network, the mobile hotspot option will not authenticate at all. I've heard things about how att blocks wifi hotspots regardless of a new carrier and you have to remove it by rooting your phone (my phone is not), a new APN must be set up to connect to tmo's mobile hotspot service or try using a tether app like foxfi (I've tried em all, that's why I'm here asking the question directly now)

I tried putting my Sim into my sister's T-Mobile phone and it worked, hotspot and all. I thought maybe something was wrong with my phone's software, I'm not sure but I don't want to factory restore just yet although I heard that this could possibly fix it. I am skeptical.

My phone isn't in horrible condition, and it's unlocked so I might just try to sell it and get a Nexus 5 but for now could anybody help me out

For reference my current APN settings are
fast.T-Mobile.com
http / / . mms . msg . eng.t-mobile. com /MMS /wapenc (have to modify this because I am a new member)
default,MMS,supl,admin,dun