Root error

Search This thread

nickiallstr

Jan 9, 2014
Hello, I've been wanting to root my HTC One for a while and now I actually sat down and began searching for guides etc and I went on htconeroot.com and used their guide but whenever I try to even finish the first step, I get the message "adb unable to connect for backup"

this makes 0 sense to my mind as I've never really tried modifying things in batch before, I just want to root it so I can use the google rom

relevant information: stock android 4.3 sense 5.5, using pc with w8
guide I used but didn't work due to bat message: htconeroot.com/ htc-one-root/how-to-root-htc-one-windowsmaclinux

edit: testing with hasoon200 toolkit I can't get past token ID cause it says error device offline

Last edited:

alray

Inactive Recognized Contributor
May 22, 2012
Hello, I've been wanting to root my HTC One for a while and now I actually sat down and began searching for guides etc and I went on htconeroot.com and used their guide but whenever I try to even finish the first step, I get the message "adb unable to connect for backup"

this makes 0 sense to my mind as I've never really tried modifying things in batch before, I just want to root it so I can use the google rom

relevant information: stock android 4.3 sense 5.5, using pc with w8
guide I used but didn't work due to bat message: htconeroot.com/ htc-one-root/how-to-root-htc-one-windowsmaclinux

edit: testing with hasoon200 toolkit I can't get past token ID cause it says error device offline

Did you tried the official XDA method? Very easy.

http://xdaforums.com/htc-one#root

ketto

Apr 2, 2011
Im also having problems with rooting. I unlocked my bootloader, instaled twrp and even installed the viper rom. After going back to my recovery of the original rom, Im having problems with root, cant install any rom and when i try to re root it, console shows me error:device offline. I updated all of the drivers. I used All in one kit by hasoon2000 for everything. Any ideas anyone?

clsA

Aug 28, 2010
Central Florida
Im also having problems with rooting. I unlocked my bootloader, instaled twrp and even installed the viper rom. After going back to my recovery of the original rom, Im having problems with root, cant install any rom and when i try to re root it, console shows me error:device offline. I updated all of the drivers. I used All in one kit by hasoon2000 for everything. Any ideas anyone?

download and install from recovery
http://download.chainfire.eu/372/SuperSU/UPDATE-SuperSU-v1.86.zip