[Q] Is it worth rooting/ unlocking the Z1?

Search This thread

Paradelle

Oct 13, 2013
Scotland
Hi guys.

I've just got my Z1, coming from a Nexus 5 (great phone, just fancied trying something a bit classier.) I guess that my question is a simple one: I rooted and installed a custom ROM on the N5 almost immediately. The ROMs and kernels available for it made a real difference, especially with regards to battery life. Thing is, the Z1's battery, performance and obviously camera on stock 4.4.2 already outperforms the N5 with my favourite custom ROM/kernel combination. With this in mind, would you recommend rooting and installed a custom ROM on the Z1?

Thanks in advance.

Ahki767

Sep 14, 2013
CAT
Hi guys.

I've just got my Z1, coming from a Nexus 5 (great phone, just fancied trying something a bit classier.) I guess that my question is a simple one: I rooted and installed a custom ROM on the N5 almost immediately. The ROMs and kernels available for it made a real difference, especially with regards to battery life. Thing is, the Z1's battery, performance and obviously camera on stock 4.4.2 already outperforms the N5 with my favourite custom ROM/kernel combination. With this in mind, would you recommend rooting and installed a custom ROM on the Z1?

Thanks in advance.

If you are content with how stock is then just stay with it but if you feel like its lacking in some parts and could be better with custom roms, go ahead. I always root mine btw, just to debloat it.

Reactions: Paradelle

Paradelle

Oct 13, 2013
Scotland
If you are content with how stock is then just stay with it but if you feel like its lacking in some parts and could be better with custom roms, go ahead. I always root mine btw, just to debloat it.

Thanks for the reply. The Z1 is a lovely phone. Very fast, with a great battery. I've just discovered that an alpha build of PA has just been posted for the Z1, so I may have to root/ unlock to have a play!

Ahki767

Sep 14, 2013
CAT
Thanks for the reply. The Z1 is a lovely phone. Very fast, with a great battery. I've just discovered that an alpha build of PA has just been posted for the Z1, so I may have to root/ unlock to have a play!

Aight man. Just make sure to backup your ta before unlocking and you're good to go :good:

eclyptos

Jun 14, 2008
Planet Earth
Root on the Z1 is a matter of Life, it cannot be without it. For Custom Roms depends of the user needs. Z1 Stock 4.3 Rom actually working very well, nothing to say.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi guys.

Thanks in advance.