Comments on my new Nexus 7

Search This thread

foosion

Jun 17, 2012
Very nice screen.

Slower than my Nexus 5. Big difference on google earth, hardly any on some other apps.

2.4ghz wifi is very slow. 5ghz works well, but router needs to be set on a low channel number, else N7 won't connect. I worry about what will happen if I'm traveling and have to connect to a 2.4 router.

A video show I've been watching through Chrome sometimes freezes or lets the N7 sleep, but plays fine on my N5, GNex and notebook. No issue with youtube app or movies using MX player.

Battery life seems good so far. Seems to charge faster with the included charger and cord than other chargers and cords.

Seems a bit slippery holding by edges in portrait orientation.

Anything I should be checking while I can still return it?

LittleConfucy

Feb 14, 2013
Berisso
Very nice screen.

Slower than my Nexus 5. Big difference on google earth, hardly any on some other apps.

2.4ghz wifi is very slow. 5ghz works well, but router needs to be set on a low channel number, else N7 won't connect. I worry about what will happen if I'm traveling and have to connect to a 2.4 router.

A video show I've been watching through Chrome sometimes freezes or lets the N7 sleep, but plays fine on my N5, GNex and notebook. No issue with youtube app or movies using MX player.

Battery life seems good so far. Seems to charge faster with the included charger and cord than other chargers and cords.

Seems a bit slippery holding by edges in portrait orientation.

Anything I should be checking while I can still return it?

You should test for touchscreen problems :good:

LittleConfucy

Feb 14, 2013
Berisso
Test for situations that happen in normal usage. For example, I have very slight touch problems when the tablet lies flat on the floor, a bed, a desk, etc.; but they don't really bother for normal usage. :good:

RichardC27

Jan 13, 2012
Cheshire
I've just got mine today too. It scores very slightly lower than my LG G Pad 8.3 in benchmarks but walks all over it in everyday usage. the GPad is running Slimkat and I've already rooted my Nexus and installed Paranoid Android 4.5 beta