GingerDX Bugs List & Solutions

Search This thread

Bebebs

Aug 30, 2012
Quezon City
hi guys!!! just wanna share my experience in installing v29.. hmph.. previously, i had wifi issues after i installed v29, i tried to change from alfs-cm7 v08a to nAa-11. i did install the libsensors patch but the phone still cant recgnize nearby wifi networks even if i full wiped the phone after the update.
so here's what i did earlier,
i flashed alfs-cm7 v08a using flashtool and then full wiped the phone. (yes, i full wiped the phone because previously i did not, so maybe that caused the issue). i really dont want to full wipe the phone, but i really had no choice, so i did.. :crying:
then i flashed gingerdx v29, installed the update-rom-cm7-alfskern v9a+, then install the libsensors patch.
and guess what, i turned on wifi, started scanning for networks, then it worked.. :victory:

hunter-azsama

Oct 5, 2012
Meknès
hi , i don't find LED NOTIFICATION , on GDX v029 :rolleyes:

---------- Post added at 01:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:38 PM ----------

i didn't even find ICS settings on stock

slake84

Jun 23, 2011
Lublin
hi , i don't find LED NOTIFICATION , on GDX v029 :rolleyes:

---------- Post added at 01:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:38 PM ----------

i didn't even find ICS settings on stock

It just "dissapeared" from CM setting but you can access it via shortcut:
1. Add to home screen
2. Select shortcut->activities->CyanogenMod setting->LED notifications
3. Enjoy ;)

Bebebs

Aug 30, 2012
Quezon City
It just "dissapeared" from CM setting but you can access it via shortcut:
1. Add to home screen
2. Select shortcut->activities->CyanogenMod setting->LED notifications
3. Enjoy ;)

Just did that dude.. and it worked.. nice workaround!! hope the devs will provide an update to have the led notif's settings back in cm settings so we wont have issues looking for them.. :fingers-crossed:

achill3r

Apr 13, 2011
Hi friends,

I'm facing a little issue: no red blinking under 10% to alert about less battery. I'm on GDXv29 & Alfsv8 CM7 and I obviously did a fresh install.
Overall, this ROM is amazing, no bugs encountered till now. ;)

aguwan003

Jul 22, 2012
Is anyone know how to ad softkey tweak at statusbar gdx29??
B'coz i've tried to mod .xml at fw n systemui and always got error --'

Thanx :)

Sent from my X8 using xda app-developers app

kip3r

Mar 11, 2012
Hidden battery status, the text is not optimized, scrolling effects are buggy

Sorry for my stupidity and sorry for my bad englis

Attachments

• screenshot-19800213-165450.png
    screenshot-19800213-165450.png
    34 KB · Views: 147
  • screenshot-20121006-102145.png
    screenshot-20121006-102145.png
    17 KB · Views: 143

NRG001

Sep 18, 2012
Manila
After I flash gdx v029 my phone freezes, any help?

Sent from my W8 using xda app-developers app

lucastan96

Dec 9, 2011
Malacca
Lucas, maybe it's time to update the OP? ;)

Sent from my X8 using xda premium

Oops so sorry about that EET... I was busy these few days and could only be online for a while... but now I am free. Anyone bother to give me a report of the bugs of v029 for specific kernels? Haiz I miss B.Jay's bug reports. :(

Sent With My Brains To Yours. Duh.

aguwan003

Jul 22, 2012
Anyone can tell me 'bout how to add softkey tweak @gdx29 pliz??? :what:

Sent from my X8 using xda app-developers app

L_S

Nov 6, 2011
Bugs found in v029 + Alfs v08a CM7.
1º Red Led blinks does not work when have less than 10% of the battery.
2º Ultra-brightness does not work after reboot, for work I have to uncheck and check again.
3º Led notification does not appears in CM settings.

milan*SK

Jun 7, 2012
Trnava
Hello. I have a problem with SuperUser. I switched from SuperSU to Superuser app because I got some force close errors on SuperSU.
So to the problem, I can´t update the binary on Superuser. I´m on GingerDX 029, stock. Maybe I can´t update because my wifi is adhoc?

It was because adhoc, as I thought. It´s ok on wifi or 3G.

And after a clean install the FM Radio works too. :)

ElGaucho

Oct 10, 2012
Problem with v29

Hello there, i have a problem with gingerDx v29, im using v28 atm with alfs v09a, so far so good, but when i instal v29 i get a com.android.phone error as soon as i put the ping and then the error keeps looping. i tryed re-instal, wipe data, (wipe everything that i could with CWM actualy) but it still doesnt work, i read the forum in order to find an answer but didnt find it with this SO, (also tryed a solution that seams to work in others so like fix permisions). How do i solve this?
I really hate to bother but its been 5 days and i can make it work.
Thanks in advance!

jalovitrue

Jul 23, 2011
Hello guys :highfive:

I'm kinda confused right now because I'm having a little problem that I dont see anyone else complaining about.
Atm I'm using GDX v028b, and here are some of my problems:

I dont know what happened to my accelerometer, when I tried to play NFS: Shift, the steering's not right. If my phone is at 90 degrees the car doesnt drive straight, it's steering to the right. I cant drive straight so I'm guessing something's wrong with the accelerometer? I tried finding some setting to calibrate it but I cant find it.

Some games closed on its own without the force close warning. For example (which I've tried already) Dead Space, SF IV HD. In SF IV HD it closed out on its own at the loading screen just before the fight begins, and in Dead Space it was worse because my X8 suddenly rebooted and everything becomes so slow that I was having a hard time to reboot it manually.

I think this custom ROM is really neat and good looking, and if only I could solve those problems this custom ROM would be perfect for me. If I cant solve those though, maybe I should install some other custom ROM. Do you guys have any suggestion to a custom ROM which is good for daily performance and gaming? I'm thinking the gaming performance should be as good (or better) than the stock ROM and with the daily performance I mean the appearance in everything (maybe user interface lol I dont know the name)

Thanks for your time reading my post :good:

shallondb

Jan 25, 2011
Harare
3 Xperia X8s - No sim network but did not unlock bootloader

Hi Guys, i cant find the right place to post this problem but i have searched and searched and no one else seems to have the same problem with the same circumstances.
I used superonecick to unroot my x8 and loaded ginger Dx.... i did not unlock the bootloader !! and then accidentally put my pin code into the network unlock code box that pops up with Ginger DX and then lost network signal for good :( i have 2 friends with the exact same problem, the other posts with similar issues all refer to the bootloader being unlocked which we did not do.. if anyone could help me get these 3 phones working again i would ecstatic !!!

shallondb

Jan 25, 2011
Harare
Hi Guys, i cant find the right place to post this problem but i have searched and searched and no one else seems to have the same problem with the same circumstances.
I used superonecick to unroot my x8 and loaded ginger Dx.... i did not unlock the bootloader !! and then accidentally put my pin code into the network unlock code box that pops up with Ginger DX and then lost network signal for good i have 2 friends with the exact same problem, the other posts with similar issues all refer to the bootloader being unlocked which we did not do.. if anyone could help me get these 3 phones working again i would ecstatic !!!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    NOW LESS LIKE BUGS REPORTS! MORE LIKE A FAQ!!
    Can you believe that?
    That's just prove how bugless this ROM can be...

This successful thread is showing all the bugs that appeared in GingerDX.

I want to say thank you to Master Doixanh for this great ROM!! But now, Doixanh is working on IScreamDX, so this ROM is now under new management...

So, let's open our hands, and welcome Team Fun!!
    Thanks for carrying on support of this ROM!! You guys ROCK!

WHY MUST YOU USE THIS ROM??
    - Super clean ROM!!
    - Frequent updates!
    - Most of the bugs in this ROM are just minor bugs.
    - This is confirmed as the most feature-complete and popular Gingerbread ROM ever for X8/W8!!
    - Antutu Benchmark Score: 1860 or UP
    - Perfect for people with locked bootloaders and for users using Alfs & LinuxDX kernels & *NEW* nAa kernel too!
    - So, are you interested? I bet you are... try out now!!
    OFFICIAL THREAD

MY GOAL!! (READ BEFORE SCROLLING DOWN)
    Before you continue into the next part, please READ HERE!

Of course, my goal is to provide help to people who are having problems with bugs and installation. If you reading this now, please remember this FOREVER:

- Ask your questions here, rather than spamming the GDX thread!! I really pity B.Jay & Eagleeyetom for reading stupid posts...

BUGS LIST & SOLUTIONS...
    (X) means confirmed.
    (?) means not confirmed.
    :: v029 Bugs ::

- Transparent Status Bar (X)
    Solution: Don't set transparent status bar in Settings
    OR
    Use a compatible theme and launcher.

- Phone Crashes When Received a Call while using an app that requires more memory resulting in unable to answer the call. Some people also experience lags when received a call. (X)
    Solution: Disable Call Me Louder in GingerDX settings.

- FM Radio is buggy, like the speaker and headphones bug. (X)
    Solution: B.Jay had informed he won't be fixing this bug. So, try using a internet radio app. Search it on Play Store. Or, try replacing the Radio.apk with radios from other ROMs.

- Phone suddenly reboot (X)
    Solution: Probably on low memory.
    Too many big apps installed. Uninstall useless ones. Using Alfs may reduce this problem.

- CPU Frequency Settings in Cyanogenmod Settings Is Not Working. (X)
    Solution: Use SetCPU to set frequencies
    OR
    Install a custom kernel.

- Stock camera have zoom settings, but it is not working. (X)
    Solution: Our phone don't support zooming. If you really want to zoom, use Camera ZOOM FX or some other apps with this feature.

- Wifi can't connect. It keeps on saying "Connecting" forever. (X)
    Solution: Delete all your saved networks and try again.

- Busybox on stock kernel cannot be updated successfully without a soft brick on all Froyo & Gingerbread ROMs. (X)
    Solution: Just don't do it. But, if you can install custom kernels, flash Alfs kernel and the addons.

- LED light does not work when the battery is less than 10%. (X)
    Solution: Try installing Alfs CM7 v09a.

- Ultra-brightness does not work after rebooting, you have to uncheck and recheck the setting again to make it work. (X)
    Solution: Same llike the solution above. Install Alfs CM7 v09a.

- LED notification settings does not appear in CM Settings. (X)
    Solution: At the homescreen, add a shortcut, click Cyanogenmod Settings, then click LED Notifications Settings.

- Brightness settings don't work. (X)
    Solution: Make sure you installed Alfs v08a, or you can try deleting lights.shakira.so from system/libs/hw using a file manager.

- Provider text on status bar gets truncated when notifications go longer. (X)
    Solution: None, Achep is looking into this and might be fixed soon.

Notice:

1. 50% of the bugs can be fixed by installing a custom kernel. 80% of the bugs are not real bugs, I only list them down because "someone" considers it as bugs.

2. Please don't blame me for not listing any bugs here. Please report and confirm bugs here. Bear it in mind, you are not helping me, you are helping everyone that have a X8/W8 and using GingerDX!

3. No spam please! This thread is only for reference, I'm not asking the devs to fix anything at all.

4. GingerDX... really the best Gingerbread ROM ever... Cheers! Please subscribe for future updates.

5. Hit the THANKS button to support me!! :D
    Yes. There must be the conflict with AChep's mod. It will be fixed in next release.
    This topic should be closed.

Why? Are you dev? Shut up and wait for Doixanh - he definitely knows what he should fix.

And be patient!

Wtf man, what is this rage all about? Afaik this thread is just for listing bugs.. Why are you telling him to be patiente? He's not asking for fixes, he's not asking anything other than what bugs other users experience and listing them.
    Geez, you think you are making some good treating him like one of the trolls that got the devs out, but this thred has nothing to do with it.
    He even asks for no spamm and BAAM, you post unrelated things. And here i am, doing the same..

Sent from my bathroom using the toilet
    I have a weird bug regarding date on status bar. It just didnt change from yesterday. All others apps changed date to current and status bar showing date from yesterday. Is someone having similar problem?

sorry, my mistake... *fixing* ;)

updated: fixed ^^
    well i just installed v28 day before yesterday and now m seeing v28b being updated on 23rd so can i know is der any big change or i can use the installed version....??
    You had the time to post this and not the time to read/search. Oh well.

Changelog:
    Code:
    - Updated SuperSU to 0.92
        - Fixed SMS/MMS Force Closing when "Pick-up-to-Call" is enabled
        - Fixed "Date in the statusbar is not being updated"
        - Fixed black block on the left when clock is being centered

I'd say flash v28b -- fixes (especially the status bar date) are important enough.