[Q] N900VVRUCNC4 SuperSU survival mode

Search This thread

mjh68

Apr 20, 2010
Curious if anyone has had thought to try the update to N900VVRUCNC4 using SuperSU survival mode?

There is a few threads in General where people have done it successfully . I don't know if I would be willing to try it , but it has been reported to have worked for at least 2 people so far.

pkd600

Jul 22, 2010
Sorry, I was on the road or I could have put a link in to save you some time .

People have done it successfully, but the OTA only installs if your system files weren't modified at all. I couldn't the OTA to install - probably due to changes I made in Xposed. I'm going down the leak KK route for now.

kididaho

Nov 21, 2012
People have done it successfully, but the OTA only installs if your system files weren't modified at all. I couldn't the OTA to install - probably due to changes I made in Xposed. I'm going down the leak KK route for now.

OTA failed for me as well. I have removed or frozen just about anything Verizon. Waiting for the MD5 firmware from Sammobile to download so I can try to Odin the file

kididaho

Nov 21, 2012
SuperSu survival mode

Well, I took the leap.. downloaded the md5 file from sammobile and flashed via Odin.
Alas this is not the way to keep root. I no longer have root. And now have all the bloat from Verizon back on the phone.
So much for trying to be a pioneer.

Now where did I put that hammer.....

Dec 23, 2012
Atlanta, Ga
Well, I took the leap.. downloaded the md5 file from sammobile and flashed via Odin.
Alas this is not the way to keep root. I no longer have root. And now have all the bloat from Verizon back on the phone.
So much for trying to be a pioneer.

Now where did I put that hammer.....

lol! well atleast you tryed,im in the same boat and just as root-less as you are...sucks

PaulusGrandis

Dec 1, 2012
Does anyone have any tips or what to look for if the update keeps failing?

I had Xposed Framework installed...and I think that's the only thing that I had installed that modifies system files...but I uninstalled it's modifications from within the framework app itself, then unistalled the framework apk, then all of the module apk's, then I disabled SU, but the update still won't take...

Anyone have any ideas without losing all my stuff?

Thanks!

mjh68

Apr 20, 2010
Does anyone have any tips or what to look for if the update keeps failing?

I had Xposed Framework installed...and I think that's the only thing that I had installed that modifies system files...but I uninstalled it's modifications from within the framework app itself, then unistalled the framework apk, then all of the module apk's, then I disabled SU, but the update still won't take...

Anyone have any ideas without losing all my stuff?

Thanks!

Can't you transfer the stuff on internal SD to external and transfer it back after you Odin ?

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

PaulusGrandis

Dec 1, 2012
Can't you transfer the stuff on internal SD to external and transfer it back after you Odin ?

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

I guess I'm just a little nervous since I've never used Odin before...

But if I follow this thread:
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2543386

...I should be OK right?

I just want to return to latest JellyBean (MJE) stock, root (with Kingo), and then update to NC4 with root intact.

mjh68

Apr 20, 2010

matt_1224

Nov 1, 2010
I guess I'm just a little nervous since I've never used Odin before...

But if I follow this thread:
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2543386

...I should be OK right?

I just want to return to latest JellyBean (MJE) stock, root (with Kingo), and then update to NC4 with root intact.

Just be cautious. It doesn't always work to to update to NC4 w/ root intact. I did it just to see if it was possible and then posted to let everyone know. Kinda wish I hadn't mentioned anything about it.

Sent from my rooted Note 3 on 4.4.2 NC4 baseband

PaulusGrandis

Dec 1, 2012
Just be cautious. It doesn't always work to to update to NC4 w/ root intact. I did it just to see if it was possible and then posted to let everyone know. Kinda wish I hadn't mentioned anything about it.

Sent from my rooted Note 3 on 4.4.2 NC4 baseband

I just wanted to report back and say everything went great and I am now on NC4 with root! Yay!

Just for the record, in SuperSU I had set SuperSU to DISABLED, then set the Survival Mode to ON, then set default action to DENY. Not sure if that matters, but that's what I had and it worked.

Thanks for the tips everyone!

crowbarman

Dec 23, 2011
I just wanted to report back and say everything went great and I am now on NC4 with root! Yay!

Just for the record, in SuperSU I had set SuperSU to DISABLED, then set the Survival Mode to ON, then set default action to DENY. Not sure if that matters, but that's what I had and it worked.

Thanks for the tips everyone!

To clarify, how did you finally get the OTA to take in the first place? I did the same as you - uninstalled Xposed modules and framework, reverted framework-res, disabled SU, unfroze any applications, but OTA failed.

EDIT: Or did you Odin back, then disable SU, then OTA? Just confirming before I do it :)

Thanks!

Last edited:

airmaxx23

Jun 25, 2010
Colton, NY
If you really want to keep root I would not flash NC4 at all, you're risking the possibility of never getting it back. No one has found any major changes from NC2 to NC4 so you really won't be gaining much but could lose a lot.

Reactions: NeoMagus

crowbarman

Dec 23, 2011
If you really want to keep root I would not flash NC4 at all, you're risking the possibility of never getting it back. No one has found any major changes from NC2 to NC4 so you really won't be gaining much but could lose a lot.

Yeah, I hear ya. I generally like to just stay stock+root, though, so staying with the official OTA is generally my preferred route. Might just wait and see what comes out in the next few days.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.