Does Verizon still send out new S4's?

Search This thread

Vorfidus

Jul 9, 2012
Richmond, VA
So, I've been having an issue with sending SMS messages on my S3 for awhile, and Verizon determined that it was an MIN collision issue from an S3 I had stolen last fall. Basically, I can't send text messages at all, and it's been this way since February. I tried network reset, top tier tech tickets with VZW, phone reset, ROM wipe, new SIM card, etc. Nothing worked. So Sunday I call, and the guy told me the antennae on the S3 was buggy, and that maybe the new MIN on the network wasn't downloading to the phone right. SO, he tells me that he can send me a new (in the original manufacturer's packaging, not refurbished) S4 as a replacement since I'd tried everything else. Even though it had a locked bootloader, I agree, as I really want my texting back. I received it not an hour ago, and it's a refurbished model, not even in the original f**king box. So, my question is, does Verizon still have new S4 devices to send out? If they do, do I have a valid reason to call and complain since what I was told on the phone, on a recorded call, is different from what I actually received? Thanks in advance for all help :)

ppat324wi

Sep 16, 2013
Milwaukee, WI
So, I've been having an issue with sending SMS messages on my S3 for awhile, and Verizon determined that it was an MIN collision issue from an S3 I had stolen last fall. Basically, I can't send text messages at all, and it's been this way since February. I tried network reset, top tier tech tickets with VZW, phone reset, ROM wipe, new SIM card, etc. Nothing worked. So Sunday I call, and the guy told me the antennae on the S3 was buggy, and that maybe the new MIN on the network wasn't downloading to the phone right. SO, he tells me that he can send me a new (in the original manufacturer's packaging, not refurbished) S4 as a replacement since I'd tried everything else. Even though it had a locked bootloader, I agree, as I really want my texting back. I received it not an hour ago, and it's a refurbished model, not even in the original f**king box. So, my question is, does Verizon still have new S4 devices to send out? If they do, do I have a valid reason to call and complain since what I was told on the phone, on a recorded call, is different from what I actually received? Thanks in advance for all help :)

They probably do, but very few amounts. They probably needed more space for the S5. You could call them and complain that a Verizon Rep told you that you would get a new S4 from them. Unless the rep lied, or he didn't say that you would get a "new" S4, Verizon can't really deny your claim.