Android 4.0.X for Streak7 [WIP] [CM9][TEMP CLOSED]

Search This thread

artin1993

Oct 30, 2008
This is indeed Opera related problem. It uses missing fonts. Droid Sans Fallback. After downloading the following package and pushing missing fonts to my streak it works just perfect ;]

Package: http://www.ffonts.net/Droid-Sans-Fallback.font

After two days of using Beta 4 I had no restarts (except the one I tried to launch camera xD) but experienced lots of flickering. App just freezes and starts to flicker. I can of course kill it with holding back button but it can be a little annoying.

Rest of known issiues like random MAC or lack of auto brightness aren't that terrible, however I hope they will be solved in Beta 5. For now pretty stable and very fast ROM ;] Good work DJ Steve and giveen!

ghost__

Dec 26, 2007
Has anyone used the latest beta with the Dell docking station - how well does it work?

Not well.

The audio is really the problem for me. I use the tablet in the car and with the latest beta there were a number of problems that prevented me from using it full time.

1) Tasker seems to randomly crash in the latest beta.
2) The audio out sometimes works and sometimes doesn't. When it does work the audio is mirrored in the tablet speaker and that really annoys me.
3) The SD Card "fix" never really seemed to work for me. I made the change so that the system could see the SD Card but the stock Music app never was able to search through that directory so I didn't have any music.
4) The GPS seemed really spotty. Cut in and out a lot.

I'm looking forward to development on this -- hopefully everything gets straighten out in future builds.

Reactions: DoctorZaius68

ElfinJNoty

Jun 25, 2009
New Haven, CT
www.blissroms.com
LG G4
OnePlus 6
I use the dock and streak in my car as well. GPS status app run first gets me good locks and then GPS works spot on. I have a wifi only and I've allowed mock locations on both the streak and the cell I tether to while I'm on the road. Can't say I've tested the GPS much without a wifi connection.

As I am going to be mounting the docking station into my dash and will be using the dock as a secondary head unit, the whole point was to utilize all the features of an android tab in my car and give it a factory look in my 06 Mercury Mariner. These sound issues you are reporting make me worry some.

The docking station's rear audio out 3.5 is how I'll have my streak output to the aux in on my primary head unit. The sound mirroring is a big issue for me.

While the kernel is being worked on, may I humbly request that while docked, the internal speakers be disabled?
Very much looking forward to the next release

Sent from my PC36100 using XDA

cvcduty

Feb 24, 2011
Holly
Any news?
I am wondering if the sdcard mounting issue has been resolved. I would love for the camera to work but it's the sdcard issue that is keeping me from flashing... and I would LOVE some ICS on my DS7...

I know the devs have lives, too, so please don't beat me up too much... :D

giveen

Jul 6, 2010
Caldwell, ID
Any news?
I am wondering if the sdcard mounting issue has been resolved. I would love for the camera to work but it's the sdcard issue that is keeping me from flashing... and I would LOVE some ICS on my DS7...

I know the devs have lives, too, so please don't beat me up too much... :D

There is a temp fix available to resolve the external SD card mount issue.

Code:
Temp Fix for Mounting External SD Card - Thanks Dreamer
1. open file "/System/etc/vold.fstab" using a File Explorer that has SU access
2.Find line "dev_mount sdcard /mnt/sdcard2 auto /devices/platform/sdhci-tegra.2/mmc_host/mmc1"
3.We need this path /mnt/sdcard2
4.Change it to /mnt/external_sd

No Tegra 2 device really has camera working. In the kernel it is working fine, its something to do with the Android built itself.

Also, I editted the OP to show the fixes now.

Last edited:

cvcduty

Feb 24, 2011
Holly
There is a temp fix available to resolve the external SD card mount issue.

Code:
Temp Fix for Mounting External SD Card - Thanks Dreamer
1. open file "/System/etc/vold.fstab" using a File Explorer that has SU access
2.Find line "dev_mount sdcard /mnt/sdcard2 auto /devices/platform/sdhci-tegra.2/mmc_host/mmc1"
3.We need this path /mnt/sdcard2
4.Change it to /mnt/external_sd

No Tegra 2 device really has camera working. In the kernel it is working fine, its something to do with the Android built itself.

Also, I editted the OP to show the fixes now.

Cool. Thanks. I am out of town now but I will give this a go when I get back... :)

cvcduty

Feb 24, 2011
Holly
Thank you.

I updated my DS7 wifi to B4 ICS build. So far so good. Thanks for your hard work!

I tried the brightness fix... can't tell if the auto-brightness is working. I checked the auto-brightness box under display and changed the value of the file as instructed (221 from 224) but can't tell if it did anything... Anyway, thanks...

Are you guys still developing this ICS rom? Camera issues aside, it seems to be working pretty good. Just wondering if we will see any more of the magic. :)

giveen

Jul 6, 2010
Caldwell, ID
Thank you.

I updated my DS7 wifi to B4 ICS build. So far so good. Thanks for your hard work!

I tried the brightness fix... can't tell if the auto-brightness is working. I checked the auto-brightness box under display and changed the value of the file as instructed (221 from 224) but can't tell if it did anything... Anyway, thanks...

Are you guys still developing this ICS rom? Camera issues aside, it seems to be working pretty good. Just wondering if we will see any more of the magic. :)

Try using the Auto Dim App, its what I use.

Yes, we are still in development but different things in life has us momentarily pulled away from it.

roast

Mar 5, 2011
giveen, are you using other CM9 project sources for the kernel on your ICS build? (Toshiba Folio 100, Acer Iconia Tab A100?)

Anything we can do to help?

Looks like Acer will release an unofficial build of ICS for the A100, maybe they'll release source and we can get some code/lib's from them...

Last edited:

roast

Mar 5, 2011
There's an ICS build for the T-Mobile G2X (which is also Tegra2) out there. I have that phone and on ICS, the camera works but the video doesn't.

I believe there were a few T20 development boards and if we find similar 7" tablets on the same board we may hit the jackpot for driver support and kernel tweaks.

siobhter

Feb 17, 2008
Liberty Lake, WA
Well, I'm happy to test whatever on my Streak 7... I'd love to take an active part in building 4.0 for my machine, but my Linux skills leave something to be desired. I put together a build environment, but I could barely get it to "lunch."

roast

Mar 5, 2011
I think I'll take a crack at a build environment later this week... I figure a vm should be good enough to get something going and the streak 7 is more of a paperweight than an active device in the home...

siobhter

Feb 17, 2008
Liberty Lake, WA
I'm actively using my Streak, but I have no problems using Nandroid to backup my daily driver of HoneyStreak. I've read a few things about build environment in a VM and not much of it has been positive.

giveen

Jul 6, 2010
Caldwell, ID
A lot of what we use is actually composed of several things

A) Thosiba Thrive honeycomb parts
B) Dell Streak 7 honeycomb parts
C) CM9 build
D) Our custom ICS kernel + plus our personal drivers we added in

siobhter

Feb 17, 2008
Liberty Lake, WA
That's cool! Well, I have a 4G/WiFi model and would be happy to help in any way I can. I'm also interested in trying builds myself, in case you have any pointers for making a build environment or would like any extra compute power.

giveen said:
A lot of what we use is actually composed of several things

A) Thosiba Thrive honeycomb parts
B) Dell Streak 7 honeycomb parts
C) CM9 build
D) Our custom ICS kernel + plus our personal drivers we added in

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Disclaimer:
    We are not responsible for any damage or problems caused to your device or yourself by flashing this BETA build.
    This is known not to be fully retail quality software and therefore is expected to have bugs and problems

The Team
    snargledorf - Kernel/Research/Developer
    Giveen - Kernel/Research/Noob/PR/Developer
    DJ_Steve - ROM/Kernel/Developer

Info:
    Android 4.0.4
    Kernel: 2.6.36.3

GPL stuff:
    https://github.com/Team-Streak

Working
    Code:
    Wifi
    GApps
    Audio
    Touchscreen
    Superuser
    Rotation Sensors
    Capacitive buttons
    GPU Accleration
    GPS
    ADB

Not Working
    Code:
    3G/4G Radios
    Camera

If you have a rooted HC on stock partition you can use this .zip for CWR that TheManii put together
    http://d-h.st/xn6

DJ_Steve = for all your hardwork in this project, without you, it wouldn't have been done.
    Rayman
    Cyanogenmod

TO DO
    Camera
    Radios

13z1xz5.jpg

So I've made a little bit of progress.

Working:
    Wifi (new)
    Internal and external sd cards (new)
    Touchscreen

Broken:
    Bluetooth
    3G? (Not sure since I have a wifi only streak, but I am almost positive it is)
    Locking/sleeping (Still causes the device to reboot)
    Screen rotation

Things to-do (In order of priority):
    1. Fix reboots
    2. Fix bluetooth
    3. Fix screen rotation
    4. Anything else I find

Still not ready to send out test builds because of the reboots. Once I get those squared away I will probably start working with Giveen and Manii on a release ready alpha build.
    snargledorf is the man....
    AyBMSZwCQAA62a-.jpg
    So I'm going to ask the same question as the others have, is the camera issue still being worked on or has that been given up on until Dell releases some development parts? I can handle lag and I'm on wifi only so the 3g/4g radios is no problem but the camera part is a deal killer for me. I use the camera, at least the front one, to talk to my family. Has anyone tried to enlist the help of droidhive? Those guys had ICS on the razor and the bionic working fully before moto released anything. Not trying to get in the way our tell you how to do anything, just looking to find you some help.

Sent from a Hacked, Modded and customized Streak 7

I actually have made some huge progress on the camera HAL. For the longest time we got "cannot connect to camera" and in the logcat I would see "cannot locate camera HAL" but I am no longer seeing this as I work toward camera working.

I actually get camera app up and running but just see a black screen.
    only reason it says betelgeues as device is thats the market id its using as im using a heavily modded device tree based off that one otherwise its custom