T-Mobile Activates voLTE

Search This thread

aznmode

Jun 23, 2007
Looks like east San Jose CA have it now too. I forgot what other area where I noticed it. But too bad my home doesn't have it on N San Jose. I'm still on rooted ne6

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

harperhendee

Sep 21, 2012
I get three bad behaviors from HD Voice (VoLTE) on my Note 3:

1) Incoming calls don't go through
2) Cannot place outgoing calls
3) Dropped calls

For #1 and #2, it seems to have to do with the flaky LTE by my work. I work at a campus filled with nearly 10,000 engineers and techie people. The LTE here is almost unusable because of the load. When I go to make a call, it says "HD Voice" then "Failed to connect" or similar. There is -no- workaround. I end up calling on a landline.

The #3 issue I'm seeing at home as well as work. I get calls dropped, usually when I am moving from one location to another. I think the issue is getting handed off from a LTE to 3G connection. This handoff is fatal and drops the call. I get pretty good 3G where I live, and LTE through most of the house. But if I start a call in one side of the house, and move to the other side of the house I lose the call. It is extremely frustrating.

Reactions: conchchowder

sshafranko

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Feb 5, 2013
Little Ferry
I get three bad behaviors from HD Voice (VoLTE) on my Note 3:

1) Incoming calls don't go through
2) Cannot place outgoing calls
3) Dropped calls

For #1 and #2, it seems to have to do with the flaky LTE by my work. I work at a campus filled with nearly 10,000 engineers and techie people. The LTE here is almost unusable because of the load. When I go to make a call, it says "HD Voice" then "Failed to connect" or similar. There is -no- workaround. I end up calling on a landline.

The #3 issue I'm seeing at home as well as work. I get calls dropped, usually when I am moving from one location to another. I think the issue is getting handed off from a LTE to 3G connection. This handoff is fatal and drops the call. I get pretty good 3G where I live, and LTE through most of the house. But if I start a call in one side of the house, and move to the other side of the house I lose the call. It is extremely frustrating.
If they are caused by volte you can go to settings/devicetab/call and turn it off. That should stop or minimize those behaviors for you as it did for me. Although now with the latest nf4 uptade Tmo rolled out which concentrates mostly on Volte it seems to work much better.

bobbyphoenix

Mar 30, 2010
Orlando, FL
If they are caused by volte you can go to settings/devicetab/call and turn it off. That should stop or minimize those behaviors for you as it did for me. Although now with the latest nf4 update Tmo rolled out which concentrates mostly on Volte it seems to work much better.

Since the new update VoLTE has been awesome for me. Much better reception, call quality, and battery life. There must be some other stuff in there because I also noticed some new smoother animations, and a "Location" quick toggle on the pull down menu that I didn't see before. Overall very pleased with the newest update. Plus it fixes the FakeID issue.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    If anyone gets the OTA link for this small update can you PLEASE PLEASE post the link here for it!!! ROM builds could really use the reference for it as they may be able to incorporate it into their updates. voLTE is only working in Seattle and the moment, but it's just a matter of time....

http://www.droid-life.com/2014/05/22/t-mobile-galaxy-note-3-g-flex-volte/
    Maybe instead of tmo worrying about voice over lte they should get all tge 2g data areas to 4g?

Sent from my SM-N900T using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
    They plan on having the network updated for everyone across the US by the end of the year but the network updates that were made was a big thing for T-Mobile and everyone should see a significant difference in how it toggles back and forth between 4G and LTE now.

The issue they had was with IPv6 protocol not allowing it to change back causing lock up from LTE back to 4G. That's been corrected now (Their words) which is the main reason I don't mind updating, VoLTE is just an added gift to be had at a later date.
    Where can I find the zip to flash? TIA

Sent from my SM-N900T using XDA Free mobile app

I would like to know as well.

https://db.tt/jT7asRQ6
    Sorry but I'm missing something how did youget tothe hidden menu I downloaded Apex Launcher I still don't know how to get to that setting sorry to bother you.

Sent from my SM-N900T using XDA Premium HD app

Long press home screen>>>shortcuts>>activities...... Then scroll down to volte
    6yhybega.jpg

Sent from my bad ass Kryon infused Note 3