Play Store Search Results Problem Despite Efforts - Exact Name Ranking Very Low

Search This thread

nowheretorun1984

May 31, 2014
The app was published about a month ago, and when I do a search for the exact name of the app Turbo Verse it ranks very low 25th at the highest, currently its #92.

I understand the basic SEO rules for the play store (downloads, rankings, compatibility etc.) but I feel this is an anomaly because this is the only app in the entire store that contains the words Turbo and Verse in the title and I can see no reason why it shouldnt be ranked very high for the exact name.

I was thinking it may have something to with the manifest so I will post it below, I have 18 reviews, mostly positive and over 100 downloads.

The full name of the App as it appears in the store is: Turbo Verse KJV - Bible Memory but I am only typing in the first part: Turbo Verse, but when I type the whole name into the search its still ranking about 9 or 10th

I would really appreciate any advice, I am a new developer and I would like to learn from my mistakes.

Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<manifest xmlns:android="url removed because I can post a link in this forum"
   package="com.turboverse.scripturememory"
   android:versionCode="2"
   android:versionName="1.01" >

<uses-sdk
       android:minSdkVersion="10"
       android:targetSdkVersion="10" />

<application
       android:allowBackup="true"
       android:icon="@drawable/ic_launcher"
       android:label="@string/app_name"
       android:theme="@style/AppTheme"
       android:description="@string/appDescription"
        >
       <activity
           android:name="com.turboverse.scripturememory.MainActivity"
           android:label="@string/app_name"
           android:screenOrientation="portrait"
           android:launchMode="singleTop" >
           <intent-filter>
               <action android:name="android.intent.action.MAIN" />
               <category android:name="android.intent.category.LAUNCHER" />
           </intent-filter>
       </activity>
       <activity android:name=".RequestVerse" android:screenOrientation="portrait" />
       <activity android:name=".ByReferenceBookList" android:screenOrientation="portrait" />
       <activity android:name=".ByTopicList" android:screenOrientation="portrait" />
       <activity android:name=".Chapters" android:screenOrientation="portrait" />
       <activity android:name=".Verses" android:screenOrientation="portrait" />
       <activity android:name=".PlayVerse" android:screenOrientation="portrait" />
       <activity android:name=".MyVersesList" android:screenOrientation="portrait" />
       <activity android:name=".ChapterVerses" android:screenOrientation="portrait" />
       <activity android:name=".UpdateDownloadVerses" android:screenOrientation="portrait" />
       <service android:name=".TurboVerseService" />
   </application>
   <!-- application android:name="GlobalObjects" android:label="@string/app_name" /-->
   <uses-permission android:name="android.permission.WAKE_LOCK"></uses-permission>
   <uses-permission android:name="android.permission.INTERNET"></uses-permission>
   <uses-permission android:name="android.permission.ACCESS_NETWORK_STATE"></uses-permission>
   <uses-permission android:name="android.permission.ACCESS_WIFI_STATE"></uses-permission> 
   <uses-permission android:name="android.permission.WRITE_EXTERNAL_STORAGE"><group gid="media_rw"></group></uses-permission>

<supports-screens android:resizeable="true"
                     android:smallScreens="true"
                     android:normalScreens="true"
                     android:largeScreens="true"
                     android:xlargeScreens="true"
                     android:anyDensity="true" />

</manifest>