Data not working after installing custom ROM

Search This thread

Shoib

Sep 4, 2010
Hi. I've recently got into to ROM'ing on my Razr HD (XT926). I've tried about 3 different ROMs, and I'm currently using the Liquid Smooth ROM. My problem is that with every ROM I've used, the data isn't working. I'm running at&t thanks to modem unlocking the phone. I can make and receive calls as well as receive text messages, however, I can't send text messages and I can't access an Internet connection through the network's data. I've tried doing the modem unlock a few more times, although that hasn't done anything. Has anyone experienced this problem, and is there a way to fix it? Thanks.

juanepichio

Oct 10, 2012
juanepichio.tumblr.com
Sometimes we need to manually set the access point names (APN). It happens to me everytime I flash a new rom. Check on Settings > More... > Mobile networks > Access Point Names, or similar. Now, if missing, you must add every APN your carrier uses to establish a data connection.

Hope it helps.

Shoib

Sep 4, 2010
Sometimes we need to manually set the access point names (APN). It happens to me everytime I flash a new rom. Check on Settings > More... > Mobile networks > Access Point Names, or similar. Now, if missing, you must add every APN your carrier uses to establish a data connection.

Hope it helps.

This sort of worked. I was able to get my connection back, but it keeps flickering on and off. I've tried adding all the APNs, but it will only let me save two. Every time I add another and press the "save" button, nothing happens and the APN doesn't appear. Sometimes I can send text messages whenever the data shows up, but most of the time, it doesn't. This is getting really frustrating.

Anyone on this forum with an XT926 have it running on at&t and on a custom ROM?

deeje00

Jan 8, 2011
Well the xt926 is strictly cdma I believe. While the xt925 is a gsm version.

Sent from my PACMAN MATRIX HD MAXX

juanepichio

Oct 10, 2012
juanepichio.tumblr.com
This sort of worked. I was able to get my connection back, but it keeps flickering on and off. I've tried adding all the APNs, but it will only let me save two. Every time I add another and press the "save" button, nothing happens and the APN doesn't appear. Sometimes I can send text messages whenever the data shows up, but most of the time, it doesn't. This is getting really frustrating.

Anyone on this forum with an XT926 have it running on at&t and on a custom ROM?
Glad it "sort of" worked. Not showing anything or more than two APN it's a common bug between roms, as far I can recall it does add them anyway. Just being curious, which rom and build are you using? Are you sure your XT926 is GSM?

Shoib

Sep 4, 2010
Well the xt926 is strictly cdma I believe. While the xt925 is a gsm version.

Sent from my PACMAN MATRIX HD MAXX

But the XT926 has GSM radios and can access at&t's HSPA+ through a modem unlock.

Glad it "sort of" worked. Not showing anything or more than two APN it's a common bug between roms, as far I can recall it does add them anyway. Just being curious, which rom and build are you using? Are you sure your XT926 is GSM?

LiquidSmooth 4.2.2

Shoib

Sep 4, 2010
Yes. Must renew the radio partition.

I'll give it a go. Whichever ROM I choose won't make a difference, will it? And by "unsteady 4g", you mean HSPA+, correct? Because at times, I can't even make phone calls and the phone isn't even connected to the carrier and I can't even make phone calls.

aviwdoowks

Sep 18, 2012
I'll give it a go. Whichever ROM I choose won't make a difference, will it? And by "unsteady 4g", you mean HSPA+, correct? Because at times, I can't even make phone calls and the phone isn't even connected to the carrier and I can't even make phone calls.

Has to be the original sw restore-latest version.

netson99

Feb 7, 2009
Depok
arthjco.net
If the custom rom is based on 4.2.2 or 4.3 => please check your baseband version. Because the new custom rom is build base on the new baseband firmware.
I use old baseband firmware VANQUISH_BP_1045.711.53.20P on my xt926.
I replace the files on /etc/firmware on the custom rom before flash it to my xt926.

And to make it easier for me I build some flash able zip files that replace the /etc/firmware with the old baseband firmware.

Shoib

Sep 4, 2010
If the custom rom is based on 4.2.2 or 4.3 => please check your baseband version. Because the new custom rom is build base on the new baseband firmware.
I use old baseband firmware VANQUISH_BP_1045.711.53.20P on my xt926.
I replace the files on /etc/firmware on the custom rom before flash it to my xt926.

And to make it easier for me I build some flash able zip files that replace the /etc/firmware with the old baseband firmware.

Do you have the file?

netson99

Feb 7, 2009
Depok
arthjco.net
I got the data to work, but the SMS/MMS isn't working at all. I think that's an APN problem. It's become a big headache. Also, the signal bars are blank (but grey) on the Xt926 roms.

If you want to use xt926 rom on GSM network, you have to edit /system/build.prop => telephony.rilV7NeedCDMALTEPhone=false

Attachments

• 13782669596530.jpg
    13782669596530.jpg
    87.3 KB · Views: 85
  • 13782669229740.jpg
    13782669229740.jpg
    77.3 KB · Views: 83
Reactions: Shoib

kenzza

Feb 4, 2014
Exactly same problem, similar phone.

Im a noob so take it easy on me.
I have a motorola droid 4 XT894. I have just flashed a custom rom and now I cant get the internet to work.
Im in Australia and have been using the phone for 6 months with the factory rom with no problems.
I have have tried 2 different rom and both have the sane problem. I tried putting in my APN manually but still no good.
Any suggestions?
Thanks Ken

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I got the data to work, but the SMS/MMS isn't working at all. I think that's an APN problem. It's become a big headache. Also, the signal bars are blank (but grey) on the Xt926 roms.

If you want to use xt926 rom on GSM network, you have to edit /system/build.prop => telephony.rilV7NeedCDMALTEPhone=false