phone wont get past viperrom screen

Search This thread

vtotheinay

Aug 5, 2010
Torrance, CA
can someone help me asap please. about an hour ago i was using my phone normally, locked the screen with the button, then a couple minutes later tried to unlock the screen to check my browser but it wouldnt turn on. it was like it turned off. the only way to get it back on was by doing the power plus vol down to go into bootloader. i did that and rebooted everything worked normally on the reboot. i sent a text and locked it. a few minutes later i went to unlock it again to check something but it wouldnt turn on again. this time on the reboot nothing worked. it would reboot and just sit on the screen where it says Viper ROM wtih the red V flashing. i went into recovery and reflashed the rom, now it loaded up, did the "updating apps "x out of xxx" and after that it went to "android is upgrading...starting apps" with the spinning circle on the left. it has been stuck on this screen for about 5 minutes now and the circle is still spinning. what should i do?

edit: ive been on 1.1.0 viper rom for months now, since it first came out and havent had problem up until today. havent messed with any settings or anything. i really am trying to avoid doing a system wipe cause i have important texts i cant lose.

drlzanej

Feb 23, 2011
This would be better suited and more likely to be adressed in Q/A or better yet the Viper Rom thread.

Sent from my HTCONE using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Reactions: vtotheinay

vtotheinay

Aug 5, 2010
Torrance, CA
^thank you sir!

can anyone help me with an answer to this question. if i backup the data portion in recovery mode, do the wipe in team win recovery, then reflash the rom. can i restore just hte data only and have my text messages back since it would be the same rom i was running before?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This would be better suited and more likely to be adressed in Q/A or better yet the Viper Rom thread.

sorry about that, i posted in both those places but got no responses so i tried here. really trying to find some help asap cause i havent been able to use my phone for a few hours now
    Greetings,
    I moved this to Q&A and I'll be deleting the duplicate. :)

Thanks,
    BD619