How to successfully fix “Firmware Upgrade encountered an issue” for GT-N7100

Search This thread

grwalker

Aug 21, 2014
Holzhausen
How to successfully fix “Firmware Upgrade encountered an issue” for GT-N7100

Is your phone a GT-N7100?

If so then yup, you can worry about csc and stuff after your phone is working again eh... Mine is/was Korean but running French Firmware an Indian Kernel and Malay modern

Up to you mate Cus it's your phone but if I were you I'd forget about the pit file and the other stock rom that's in the screen shot and follow what Tnt has written or what I told you earlier.

The pit is inclusive in the 4.1 and 4.4 roms so just follow the procedure to the letter.

Let me know how ya get on and take some screen shots if it fails installation.

Cheers

Hi

No luck i'm afraid. I used your link for the Jelly Bean 4.1 firmware. Then using Odin 3.04 i flashed the firmware. No luck. See pic 001. Then i tried flashing firmware and checking re-partition. Again no luck. See pic 002.

Any other ideas appreciated.

Thanks

chatoid

Jul 16, 2014
Hi

No luck i'm afraid. I used your link for the Jelly Bean 4.1 firmware. Then using Odin 3.04 i flashed the firmware. No luck. See pic 001. Then i tried flashing firmware and checking re-partition. Again no luck. See pic 002.

Any other ideas appreciated.

Thanks

Ffs it hasnt got a pit file.... My bad mate, I'm. Sorry

Would be handy if the original files on here worked but try this one http://www.4shared-china.com/zip/OSOApuGm/N7100XXDLJ2_OXA_FACTORY.html.....

Pm'd ya

grwalker

Aug 21, 2014
Holzhausen
Thanks for the help so far

This contains a number files. I downloaded last night but haven't used. Which of the files do i use please

vonuzu

Feb 10, 2011
Strumica, Macedonia
Xiaomi Mi Note 10
Babek

you or your friend whoever is doing this process to save your beloved Note 2 from dying, please note following things

* when i was trying to flash rescue firmware i was facing different issues, some times the pit was failed while writting( around 50 % , 30% some times it turned to be 90% and failed) so dont panic this is normal, i been through all this processes once and i know there was something for sure i was missing

ask your friend to do the following

* Remove Samsung Keis from the system, keep the drivers installed, use usb ports on the back instead of front,

1- Try PIT with partition checked and rescue firmware all together, if failed in the middle or watever the % age, try to flash rescue if the flash bar went even a 1 % further,

2- if above didnt work, try rescue firmware alone with odin ( auto reboot + f reset only) make sure the id: comm is green or yellow or whatever color but not red before you start the process( means the phone is attached and detected)

if this works fine, or this process didnt worked well, give it a try number of times,

* Most important, i am not sure if your friend is goood enough to understand or not but tell him to keep the phone battery on charge ( Desktop charger) for a while to ensure good battery percentage is present, he can call you over the skype from another pc or mobile to get the guide line

if all went ok, after flashing simply flash 4.4.2 through odin and your problem will be sorted

please let us know the latest..

I flashed my note 2 two days ago with Malaysian kit kat rom dt I downloaded from sammobile n it has refused to come on since then.

I was previously on 4.3 Malaysian rom too with Philz recovery n de knoxed using Dr. Ketan's multi tool n also rooted with d multi tool.....

This is where I got stuck after flashing d kit kat .....see d screen shot attached below..

I can't reboot or get past that screen....no matter what I do I come back 2 d screen

Sent from my Z10 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app.....

I really need help on d way forward.... thanks for ur anticipated contributions

Sent from my Z10 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Nice one mate, you saved my lil vein popping on my head from frustration, thankyou :good:

Although I couldn't get the 4.1 to flash, even after up-teen attempts (?)....So instead I flashed philz touch recovery which didn't work until I re flashed it with the auto-root box unticked.

Then deleted Dalvic cache and cache and installed a back up of 4,3....After completion and reboot-as already mentioned-no IMEI so done an EFS recovery from a back up and all was good in the world.

Tried to flash mj5 again and was back to square one- “Firmware Upgrade encountered an issue” so instead of adding the 4.1 and pit at the same time I just flashed the pit file but using Odin3_v3.04 instead of 3.07 and it rebooted straight to the OS.

I done that a few times while attempting to flash mj5 bootloaders so my point is if anyone has the Firmware issue it might be worth trying to flash the pit file by itself using odin 3.04 first...to see if your lucky and it boots straight back to your system without having to install different roms.

tnt4ever much appreciated... was wondering, did you ever manage to install an mj5 bootloader or a bootloader for Kit Kat?...I dunno if it's something stupid I'm doing wrong because I cant do it...nearest I've got is this http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2588557 but that is for 4.3 and I want to install DN3 4.4 again but be able to charge with phone off.... any suggestions???

Note:- Downloaded the ND3 Bootloader ready to install after I'd installed the 4.4 you provided a link for and a Bootloader is already included with it...My Bad... Thanks alot tnt4ever.Respects!

I'm currently downloading the file and attempting to fix my N7100 with this. Hopefully it works so I don't have to buy a new one. Will post results.

Edit:

Thank you very much OP. Just like you I tried to do both the firmware and the PIT. Didn't work.

What I did was run the PIT first, that worked. And then sucessfully flashed the firmware. I'm now going to attempt to upgrade it to a pre rooted stock rom. Let me know if I can buy you a beer ey!

hello,
im using 4.4.2 stock firmware and have some problems with gyro/rotation sensors that im hoping to resolve with the rescue firmware, but im afraid because of downgrading the firmware. So can someone to confirm that the above procedure will work or ill just brick my device?

WeT-Klb

Sep 21, 2009
hello,
im using 4.4.2 stock firmware and have some problems with gyro/rotation sensors that im hoping to resolve with the rescue firmware, but im afraid because of downgrading the firmware. So can someone to confirm that the above procedure will work or ill just brick my device?

Maybe recalibrating will help:

Type *#0*# in the dialer and click on "sensor".

On the bottom left you can see "Magnetic Sensor" in a black circle. If there´s a 0 in it, you Need to calibrate like this:

~3x turn device around the perpendicular axis - a 1 should appear
~3x turn device flat around the axis - a2 should appear
~3x turn device sidewards around the axis - now a 3 and a blue line should appear

Sorry for my english - i tried my best.

C U
WeT-Klb

Reactions: vonuzu

vonuzu

Feb 10, 2011
Strumica, Macedonia
Xiaomi Mi Note 10

On the bottom left you can see "Magnetic Sensor" in a black circle. If there´s a 0 in it, you Need to calibrate like this:

~3x turn device sidewards around the axis - now a 3 and a blue line should appear

C U
WeT-Klb
The magnetic sensor is ok. I'm javing trouble with gyroscope and orientation sensor.
But im testing now coz I've flashed the phone with .pit file and the sensors are working for now.

Sent from my Note II using Tapatalk

vince.lupe

Nov 6, 2013
Samsung Galaxy Note 20 Ultra
hello every one

as the subject says if you soft brick your phone for whatso ever reason( and you are facing Firmware Upgrade encountered an issue on display when turning on,
then this solution might be very helpful for you
i was on 4.3 with MJ5 boot loader, made the mistake didnt checked the phone info and tried to downgraded the firmware caused my phone soft bricked
the worst thing i realized i didnt made any backup( even the EFS back up was lost)

in short the story is..

Bro, I have a question: I HEARD that the IMEI is read from the motherboard, but I also heard that if you don't have a backup of your /efs folder from the original stock ROM then you're screwed?

Do you or anyone else know anything about how to get the original IMEI back without a backup of the /EFS folder? Problem is: I flashed a ROM on my Note 4 and it wiped my IMEI, replacing it with a generic IMEI (350050500009692), and now I can't get it back?

I would REALLY appreciate your guys' help (did NOT ruin my phone by following this post in particular, so I am hoping you all would help?).

yaro666

Feb 16, 2008
Królewska Huta
Redmi K20 / Xiaomi Mi 9T
Bro, I have a question: I HEARD that the IMEI is read from the motherboard, but I also heard that if you don't have a backup of your /efs folder from the original stock ROM then you're screwed?

Do you or anyone else know anything about how to get the original IMEI back without a backup of the /EFS folder? Problem is: I flashed a ROM on my Note 4 and it wiped my IMEI, replacing it with a generic IMEI (350050500009692), and now I can't get it back?

I would REALLY appreciate your guys' help (did NOT ruin my phone by following this post in particular, so I am hoping you all would help?).

you can get phone to service and they'll restore IMEI with box.

Just flash stock rom and everything should be back to normal.

JahatHNc

Sep 9, 2011
Gorontalo
i have the same problem, and was read and try the trick from page 1 to the last page, i dont know was wrong, i was flash the firmware from any odin, and always get fail, maybe anyone know the new trick for passing this problem, thanks

Last edited:

kad143

Aug 29, 2016
Rescue Firmware Link

Does anyone have a working link for rescue firmware for GT-N7100 ?

---------- Post added at 03:07 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:04 AM ----------

Does anyone have a working link to Rescue Firmware for GT-N7100 ? I need it asap

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    hello every one

as the subject says if you soft brick your phone for whatso ever reason( and you are facing Firmware Upgrade encountered an issue on display when turning on,
    then this solution might be very helpful for you
    i was on 4.3 with MJ5 boot loader, made the mistake didnt checked the phone info and tried to downgraded the firmware caused my phone soft bricked
    the worst thing i realized i didnt made any backup( even the EFS back up was lost)

in short the story is..

i asked couple of people for advise,
    i tried following to bring my phone back

* Samsung Kies( recovery Modes by entering Device Serial Numbers and Model Name) Result: Failed, this device cant be upgraded/restored due to custom firmware
    * Odin: 3.09 + stock firm ware ( 4.3 from O2uk and then 4.3 3 Uk) Result: failed, error message, missing PIT File
    * Tried to find PIT File online but there are few places you can get stock 4.3 Firmware Extracted PIT File to flash) tried here http://xdaforums.com/show....php?t=1927983, result failed
    * then tried different firmwares ( European, French 4.3, UK 4.1 with and Without PIT file ( http://www.sammobile.com/firmwares/) but failed again, the ODIN 3.09 was not helping out here

I was about to give up here but then steff advise me to try and flash rescue firm ware from http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=32273406 link but only 2nd firm ware ( not the 1st or 3rd, ) for some reason the 4.1 rescue firmware link is down,( download from here : https://www.dropbox.com/s/qs9wigflyrwp8ip/N7100XXDLL7_N7100OXADLL4_N7100XXDLK7_FACTORY_XEF.rar)
    Android - 4.1.2
    PDA - N7100XXDLL7
    CSC - MULTI XEF_N7100OXADLL4
    RADIO - N7100XXDLK7
    DOWNLOAD_N7100XXDLL7_FACTORY (2012-28-12)(
    and steff helped me out with his drop box to upload the rescue firm ware ( https://www.dropbox.com/s/gfdh3mgbv34c3ti/N7100XXDLL7_N7100OXADLL4_N7100XXDLK7_FACTORY_XEF.rar )
    any way by extracing the rescue firmware 4.1, and doing PIT file flash with Odin 3.09 didnt worked either, so as per advise i changed the Odin 3.09 to 3.07( download from ( Odin 3.07 - XDA-Developers)
    i was successfuly able to flash PIT ( done this number of times , at first flashed rescue firmware with PIT File, failed half way cause the PIT was flashed but firmware couldnt went through, then flashed rescue firmware 4.1 alone
    stopped half way, again started in download mode and flashed it went through and finally phone booted up)

* NOw the IMEI was gone, tried to enter phone engineering screen to update the IMEI from GPR Service Menu but failed
    * i flashed MJ5 boot loader to see if it works fine failed again.

* Finally i was told to flash Stock 4.4 KK which will remove all bugs from the phone and hope fully the phone will boot with correct imei
    downloaded 4.4 from this link ( https://mega.co.nz/#!2QRmCbyb!YkWs927BfvYxqL-vJiQHXkshqG3UtqHm4XIDbgLsEK0) fast download, and flashed successfully , which bring my note back to life
    everything works fine
    * I tried to flash 4.4.2 direct to see if it works( both with Odin 3.09 and 3.07 before flashing rescue firm ware but this didnt work either

* IMportant Points:

Avoid flashing any rom/kernal unless you are sure what you are doing
    * always keep a nand back up prior to any flashing
    * always read good enough before you flash
    * and even if you read enough and something went wrong, use your phone for parts and pay for the charity at the end:)

i hope this is simple guide for you to sort your bricked phone from the error'' firmware upgrade encountered an issue please connect with kies''

special thanks to smeet.somaiya , singhpratik87 , , Logel, nitol, and Specially to steff195 for providing all links up and running

this will save time and money to those who are out of warranty

thanks
    @tnt4ever awesome guide dude :)

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk
    are you sure then its not a hardware fault..?
    i just assumed but why dont you keep your phone working on a 4.4 or custom 4.4
    see rom section you have more good choices..!

But that would mean flashing a nd3 bootloader which is non degradable to 4.1.2. And What am I trying to do is, make 4.1.2 work on my phone. My imei remains intact but I am not able to receive signals.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk
    hello,

C U
    WeT-Klb