[ROM] [3.2] Vegacomb 3.2 Build 9n and 9b Update3

Search This thread

Pantherx12

Jan 12, 2011
OnePlus 7 Pro
Hi successfully installed latest vegacomb how ever after resetting the device ( as it didn't mount my sd card) it just seems to get stuck during boot up, screen is lit up but no image on screen.

Any help? Cheers : ]

Sörnäinen

Hi successfully installed latest vegacomb how ever after resetting the device ( as it didn't mount my sd card) it just seems to get stuck during boot up, screen is lit up but no image on screen.

Any help? Cheers : ]

Happens to some people with defect sectors on the system partition. The best way is to use a bigger system partition - if you want to do it extreme, you can switch to the build 9 from rebel1, that adds 40MB to the system partition, but since you most likely only need some 4 or 5MB to make it work, you might try newbe´s ModdedStock v1 instead of v2. It must be in this thread somewhere.

Reactions: bitstra

dannyling

Apr 15, 2010
Yeah I got constant reboot on start up came from 8.1 then the pc installer which did not work. Just really want simple installation
Sent from my Desire HD using XDA App

dannyling

Apr 15, 2010
Oh also on the new Rom does the time still reset on boot

Sörnäinen

Yeah I got constant reboot on start up came from 8.1 then the pc installer which did not work. Just really want simple installation

Well, it´s nice that you want that, but instead of enjoying this you bought a cheap tablet which needs you to work. That´s not simple.

Oh also on the new Rom does the time still reset on boot

Install ModdedStock again, set the time correct there, then reboot and make sure that it´s still right. Then install VegaComb from there - that seems to be the solution for the issue. The alternative is to install a program from the Market that seems to sort it out, but I don´t know the name, ClockSync or something, you might have to google it.

dannyling

Apr 15, 2010
Is there anyway to correct the.partition errors and install from pc. but yes I do enjoy flashing my vega
Thanks for the advice

Sörnäinen

Is there anyway to correct the.partition errors and install from pc. but yes I do enjoy flashing my vega
Thanks for the advice

I have been told they can´t be corrected, just marked, and the system does that automatically. Just if there are too many, it´s necessary to make the system partition a bit bigger - by means of installing a bigger ModdedStock version or the build9 with 40 MB more space in the system partition.

dannyling

Apr 15, 2010
Managed to use mod 1.10v2 then flash vegacomb 9n and vola it boots normal

stevelowe

Jun 9, 2008
Modded Stock V1 works

After huge excitement (New version of vegacomb!), followed by several hours of frustration (stuck in reboot loops no matter what), I can confirm that for me, installing 9n over modded stock V1 works fine. Thanks guys.

rpmccormick

Dec 1, 2008
OnePlus 7 Pro
No need to worry about the blue light. It will be drawing something like 10mA, if that. The Vega battery is at least 3800mAH so it will power the led for 380 hours, or about 15 days.

Actually, it is probably closer to 20mA for a blue LED, maybe a lot more if that circuit is powering other things (camera circuitry?). So that's 7 days... just for that bug, with no other tablet use! Let's compromise and say 10 days, so it's losing 10% battery per day due to that LED-bug. I'd say that's something we need to worry about.

Anyway, I'm sure the devs will solve it eventually. I can be patient. Just saying it's not something that should be shrugged off.

Also, I never got an answer to post 376. I'm still wondering what the diff is between 9n and 9b besides system partition size and maps-app in system vs data.

Also, all this recent talk is confusing me... if 8.1 was working for people, and 9b/n uses less nand blocks, then why would they get bootloops that are solved by increasing the system partition even more then in 8.1?

Sörnäinen

Actually, it is probably closer to 20mA for a blue LED, maybe a lot more if that circuit is powering other things (camera circuitry?). So that's 7 days... just for that bug, with no other tablet use! Let's compromise and say 10 days, so it's losing 10% battery per day due to that LED-bug. I'd say that's something we need to worry about.

Anyway, I'm sure the devs will solve it eventually. I can be patient. Just saying it's not something that should be shrugged off.

Also, I never got an answer to post 376. I'm still wondering what the diff is between 9n and 9b besides system partition size and maps-app in system vs data.

Also, all this recent talk is confusing me... if 8.1 was working for people, and 9b/n uses less nand blocks, then why would they get bootloops that are solved by increasing the system partition even more then in 8.1?

Because during installation process different blocks have been used?

bennz

Jan 15, 2010
For some reason the screen rotation lag is gone ... it is very responsive now.
Not sure what happened there but I am glad :)

rbensch

Nov 13, 2007
...so let me get this strait, there are 3 downloads:

1) 9n: flashed via clockwork mod. For users coming from 8.1 or modded_stock_v2.
2) 9b: flashed via clockwork mod. For users coming from german build9.
3) 9b: flashed by running .exe in download mode. For new users or people willing to start from scratch.

Question: Once installed, what is the real difference between #1 (9n) and #3 (9b)? For that matter, is there any difference between #2 and #3 once installed and configured identically?

To help you answer, I suggest filling in this table:

Code:
              System size        Unique Features
9n CWM:          150mb           Maps in data
9b CWM:          200mb           Maps in system
9b Full:          ?              Maps in system?

Is that right, and are there any other unique feature differences?

I'm pretty sure I want 9n no-wipe since I'm coming from 8.1 and would rather not have to start from scratch, but would be happy to if there is any benefit that I have somehow missed.

Hi,
there is no difference between 9b update and 9b full.
In 9b you have also better language support and i managed to free up about 25MB in /system compared to my original build9 for more apps in the future.For example i included the google videoeditor in 9b.

rebel1

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Ok,
    here is our new release.

Well... Here we are at last! Whole new ROM, whole new thread :D

For a long time we have been working to build the best possible version of HoneyComb to the Advent Vega. It has been a LONG road, with many hacks and pitfalls along the way. We started with the messiest set of files anyone has ever seen, and we have now progressed to this. Full-fledged, GPU accelerated, NATIVE, Honeycomb 3.2 on the Advent Vega.

There's no going back now. I'm so happy with this ROM that I'm actually going a little crazy with affection. There are still some bugs... Rebooting to CWM causes a stale boot, you have to hold power to turn the tab off, then on next bot you get CWM. Still no camera, bluetooth isn't working. But other than that... Well, I'll let you guys see for yourself.

On the speaker issue, I feel I must put a quick note here... We BELIEVE that the "Overheating speaker" issue is now resolved. Audio levels are now well within the safe limits, and voltages are back at what should be a very safe level. But as always, please be VERY careful, unfortunately we cannot be responsible for any hardware failures resulting from using a custom ROM, but we are very confident that this issue should now be totally resolved.

VegaComb 3.2 Build 9b und 9n Update3 Features:
    • Update1+2 included
    • The clock and date issue should now been fixed for all
    • GPU RAM reduced to 96MB , more RAM for Apps
    • support for high Wifi channels like 12 + 13
    • new Honeycomb market
    • support for the soon coming GPS App included

Downloads, please choose the right Version (original ROM download is at the bottom of this thread!)! (or you Bootloop) :

Update 3 for Build9n: VegaComb_HC3.2_Build9n_update3.zip

Update 3 for Build9b: VegaComb_HC3.2_Build9b_update3.zip

VegaComb 3.2 Build 9b und 9n Update2 Features:

• Fix for Bluetooth MAC addressing to hopefully make BT work correctly now.
    • Above fix should now also make WiFi considerably more stable.
    • Fix for people who were experiencing issues with the Market not being able to install apps.

Downloads, please choose the right Version (original ROM download is at the bottom of this thread!)! (or you Bootloop) Update 2 can be installed directly over 9n OR 9n-Update1 (it includes all of the Update 1 and Update 2 changes in a single package):

Update 2 for Build9n: VegaComb_HC3.2_Build9n_update2.zip

Update 2 for Build9b: VegaComb_HC3.2_Build9b_update2.zip

VegaComb 3.2 Build 9b und 9n Update1 Features:
    • Working Deep Standby
    • Updated camera lib
    • Re-added App Drivemount

VegaComb 3.2 Build 9b Features:

•Coarse location discovery (based on WiFi connection) is now working correctly.
    •Updated camera libraries to the latest version thanks to the development effort by many (including Eduardo and Redscorpion) over at MoDaCo. Google Talk video chat should now be working, as well as the stock Camera app. Other apps have been tested but there is a possibility that not all of them work (please test and let us know!), but we felt that it was more important for Gtalk to work as the camera isn't much use for actually taking pictures :p
    •Added Eduardo's accelerometer patch. This should allow much more responsive accelerometer with no lag.
    •Power management for bluetooth/wireless has been fixed. Hopefully this should stop them interfering with eachother when one is disabled.
    •Screen calibration functionality built in to the kernel to calibrate on the fly.
    •USB on-the-fly host/slave switcher integrated in to the kernel, this should allow switching between USB host/slave on the tablets side USB port without the need to reboot!
    •Disabled device suspend when the tablet is connected to an active USB connection, preventing the USB connection from being severed.
    •Added a brand new app called: Shuttle Tools which includes the toggles for the above two options. Allowing you to calibrate the screen or switch USB modes from within Android.
    • Better language support then 9n, newer Gapps
    • No apps are moved to data
    • It have a bigger system partition then 9n, so when you have bad nand blocks, this could be work better for you
    • When you use the Full Rom Installer you don´t need to flash ModdedstockV2 (Beware when you flash the new full rom it is like the ModdedStockV2 install, you loose all data)
    • All future updates after this Full ROM will come as CWM update zip, so that your data are save

VegaComb 3.2 Build 9n Features:
    Please be aware that although there was a "version 9" release on some German forums, this update was never integrated into the full build process, and was a side-project by rebel1 to acheive 2 goals. 1) To greatly increase the /system partition size (from 150mb to 200mb) and use that size to add larger apps that have increased language support for non-english speaking users. This build is unrelated to the previous "build 9" and as such has been labelled 9n (new, or newbe5, meaning that it has gone through the usual build and testing processes by myself), an alternate installer based on THIS build will also be provided by rebel1, including the expanded /system partition and enhanced language capability, this alternate build will be labelled 9b (bigger system, alternate build) and will be an nvflash installer rather than a CWM image.

•System image has been shrunk considerably, this should help people who have a lot of random lockups / install issues due to bad NAND blocks. Build 8.1 was using 149.5mb of the allocated 150mb provided by ModdedStockv2, Build 9n is only using 139.8mb allowing much more room to avoid bad blocks if you have them.

•Google Books has been removed entirely. It looks nice, but it's pointless as you can't even access the Store outside of the US. Install this manually if you want it for some reason.
    •Google Maps and Street View have been moved in to /data to save space and because they can both be installed/updated from the market, so there is no need for them to be in /system.
    •Coarse location discovery (based on WiFi connection) is now working correctly.
    •Updated camera libraries to the latest version thanks to the development effort by many (including Eduardo and Redscorpion) over at MoDaCo. Google Talk video chat should now be working, as well as the stock Camera app. Other apps have been tested but there is a possibility that not all of them work (please test and let us know!), but we felt that it was more important for Gtalk to work as the camera isn't much use for actually taking pictures :p
    •Added Eduardo's accelerometer patch. This should allow much more responsive accelerometer with no lag.
    •Power management for bluetooth/wireless has been fixed. Hopefully this should stop them interfering with eachother when one is disabled.
    •Screen calibration functionality built in to the kernel to calibrate on the fly.
    •USB on-the-fly host/slave switcher integrated in to the kernel, this should allow switching between USB host/slave on the tablets side USB port without the need to reboot!
    •Disabled device suspend when the tablet is connected to an active USB connection, preventing the USB connection from being severed.
    •Added a brand new app called: Shuttle Tools which includes the toggles for the above two options. Allowing you to calibrate the screen or switch USB modes from within Android.

Current issues:
    On rebooting to recovery, the tablet will "hang" on a stale boot. Hold down the power button until the screen goes completely off, and then power back on to get to CWM.
    More? Probably! You tell us

SO many people have worked on this, and are now part of the team, but everyone who uses and loves VegaComb have the following Droid Soldiers to thank:
    Ejtagle
    Rebel1 / rbensch@xda
    Corvus
    HomerSp
    Cass67
    a_appleby
    BillyBobJoe (Also BillyTheFish I believe?)
    stiggy2001
    Oh... I might have done some stuff too :p

Remember, this MUST be flashed over ModdedStock v2 or it will not work!

This is the one and only way to move to our image:
    modstock -> data wipe -> vegacomb 3.2.
    Dont ask for help if you dont follow this steps.

Download VegaComb_HC3.2_Build9n.zip NOW! This is for all users that comes from an previous build like 8.1 or ModdeStockV2

For users that comes from my Build9 they can download and flash it with CWM recovery Download VegaComb_HC3.2_Build9b.zip HERE!

And the last file:
    Download VegaComb HC3.2 9b Installer.zip HERE!
    This is a windows installer for the 9b Full ROM, you don´t need to install ModdedStock before, it makes it all for you

We hope you enjoy VegaComb.

If you are feeling very generous and wish to donate to the people who put in a lot of hard work for this ROM, please:
    DONATE TO TeamNewCo HERE!

newbe5 and the Team.

Have fun.
    rebel1
    Go to my profile on tabletroms.com and search my posts. I've uploaded thr rom files to my dropbox and put a link in one of my posts. Until the fileserver problems are solved. If other vega, pov files are needed due to the fileserver probs just ask there. Most ppl are very helpfull over there, like here.

Grts.
    Z.

Updated.
    someone shares the full monthy over there.

http://www.tabletroms.com/forums/vega-rom-development/3084-[rom]-honey-ice-631.html
    post 3784

Sent from my TAB410 using XDA App
    Update on post 1.

rebel1
    I would love to have USB host as well, plus option for reducing Tegra GPU RAM to allow more free memory on Vega. I believe this has been done on other platform with Tegra2 or it is under progress.:D:cool:

USB-Host mode works! With On-the-fly switching without reboot.
    An update for Build 8.1 follows soon, when you are on my build9 from the german forums, you can download the update right now. :)
    http://bit.ly/neR28j

A kernel with reduced GPU-RAM is no problem, when you would like to test
    it, i can upload a kernel.

rebel1