UCAMC3 update...

Search This thread

cdshepherd

May 16, 2011
The feature to unlock your phone for free was removed with this update because when you do the command:
keys *#197328640#

This menu item was removed:
[4] NW Lock NV Data INITIALLIZ

I thought the last updated removed that? Iv never had to unlock so im not sure lol

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2

Reactions: Froid

gharris040604

Sep 18, 2008
minneapolis
Not bad

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1368286533163.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1368286533163.jpg
    52.9 KB · Views: 1,044
  • uploadfromtaptalk1368286544623.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1368286544623.jpg
    68.1 KB · Views: 1,010
Reactions: Nightowl67
N

navyvet420

always curious if anyone who is rooted, with a perfectly working radio would bother getting ota updates like this.....

I'm rooted with Scott's CleanRom ACE 4.9 I don't think most of us who are rooted actually take the OTA, we can't update via OTA if rooted as far as I know. Anyhoot.. We sometimes just want the Modem/Radio for our device if it happens to be an update.

I myself have an older radio/modem and would like the newer one. I am running K7 modem from the SGH-i317

If anyone can post the modem please do so.

Peace & Pot Brownies

Teej53214

May 31, 2008
South East Wisconsin
Wow.. That was the easiest OTA update ever... I had a been using the stock rom, rooted, w/ CW recovery (non touch).... I told the update to proceed.. IT rebooted.. the CW warned me that this update can't be resone (and to install the unknown zip).. I accepted... After it was done a warning popped up in CW that "Root may have been lost, reinstall root" or something to that effect.. I said yes.. IT did it, reinstalled.. and I still have root, and it says the update failed, but when I check under Aboutphone it says it is the AMC3... So awesome I think

gregsarg

Apr 8, 2011
B.F.E.
Your update was successful...
Well done.
You now have an updated Radio image, Kernel, and the updated libraries to make the radio function.
And of course, Google Chrome as a bonus.

I didn't dig deep enough into the update to verify any new security enhancements but I assume they exist in some fashion.
Although we have no issues keeping root.

After a few days running it, I have no complaints...g

Reactions: wase4711

Optimuscle

Nov 11, 2012
This might be a dumb question I but assume this can't be flashed on a Canadian note correct?

Sent from a very large phone.

Naddict

Nov 23, 2011
28.2S, 92.1W
Thread cleaned...users are expected to read the OP and use before posting questions that have been clearly addressed and answered already.

And - users are expected to be respectful in any and all replies.

This is a development thread, it is not here to make your phone cool, users are expected to be contributing to development and not posting about hurt feelings or the like. Honor the developers and development with constructive posts or go away.

This is not an emotional support thread. Log off of here and go elsewhere for that.

gregsarg

Apr 8, 2011
B.F.E.
Hello,

Could someone post a flashable .zip of the OTA for stock?

Thanks

The OTA consists of a radio image, and a kernel, and the google chrome browser apk.

(pull it form the play store, that way you can remove it if needed)...

You can find the link to the modem and kernel .zip files in the first post of this thread. (Hit the thanks button for NunHugger when you get there.)

The link is also found twice on this page...

Happy flashing.....g

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    UCAMC3 just landed.
    New radio, kernel, and RIL's...69 meg.

Just FYI....g
    Edit: look down....

Here are the flashable .zip files for the UCAMC3 update from NunHugger...The kernel and modem are available... Make sure you mash his thanks button in his thread...g
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=41314634

Also...here is the complete OTA (unmodified) for anyone who wants to play with it....g
    http://d-h.st/Y4e

Warning !! The OTA file is "NOT" a flashable file. It is provided for Devs to work with. You have been warned....g
    Modem and kernel are posted here

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=41314634

Sent from The Bacon Pope's Galaxy Note 2
    I've tried to do the ota update that I received today, but every time it says download was interrupted. My device restarts and the TWRP screen comes up and I choose to reboot system. When the phone reboots thats when I get the message that the update could not be installed because it was interrupted, what I'm I doing wrong? I used rootkeeper to temporarily unroot and that didn't help. When i go to about device it still says: I317UCALK7 for build.Can someone pls help me I missed out on the last update because of this same problem. I'm on a stock ROM, with root from CF Auto Root method.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using xda app-developers app

You said what the problem is in your question. No its not the firmware being to old and this has been covered over and over and over on xda and in this very thread so I quote all the others before me that posted this "YOU CANNOT I REPEAT CANNOT OTA UPDATE WITH TWRP OR CWM RECOVERY. YOU MUST HAVE THE STOCK SAMSUNG RECOVERY AND BE UNROOTED AND HAVE NO SYSTEM APPS FROZEN OR DELETED." Your phone must be 100% stock to ota update or it WILL fail every time. .....

I'll try to get one up tonight after work. Got a long 12 hour day ahead of me.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using xda premium
    Could some one please post me the OTA?