HTC One E8 ***Indian Users***

Search This thread

kunalol2

Jun 9, 2015
Another Question
How to make backup of HTC themes if I am willing to reset my device?

Sent from my HTC One_E8 dual sim using xda app-developers app

sivajithee

Dec 16, 2010
chennai
please help me to root my htc one e8 dual sim (M8SD)... getting confused with bootloader lock/unlock, S-ON & S-OFF, xposed framework etc... just i want to use two apps after rooting 1. AFWall+ (Android Firewall +) and 2. Greenify .. if it possible to get any oneclick root (& unroot) it will be most helpful....

kunalol2

Jun 9, 2015
Anybody here tried bindroid for m8sd?

Sent from my HTC One_E8 dual sim using xda app-developers app

max_s159

May 10, 2012
Has anybody tried using 4g services in India on htc e8......does our phone has the hardware to work on the bands present in our country....?
If not then is htc gonna provide an update to enable 2300 band for htc e8 in marshmallow update....?

Silver.Shadow

Jan 15, 2014
Bangalore
Has anybody tried using 4g services in India on htc e8......does our phone has the hardware to work on the bands present in our country....?
If not then is htc gonna provide an update to enable 2300 band for htc e8 in marshmallow update....?

Hardware is supported, although software doesn't. And htc won't update the E8 to support 4G in India.

Sent from my HTC One_E8 dual sim

Kianush

Jan 4, 2014
So does anyone have a way to make LTE band 3 work on HTC one e8 india??
if hardware supports it then why adding those 4g bands to phone wont work? I tried it already

dhansiddh

Apr 21, 2012
Nagpur
Unable to get the marshmallow update

Can anyone give me the ota for Marshmallow update i am stuck at 2.33.720.8 and i am waiting for the marshmallow update but it's showing that my software is latest. I have HTC One E8(M8SD) model.

Last edited:

Rudyricky

Apr 18, 2016
How to get 4g/lte option

Using Indian version of htc one e8
Currently in Delhi Vodafone network runs on lte band 3
1800mhz and which should be supported by my device
GSMarena.com even provides information that Indian version has 1800mhz support.

But when I go into mobile data-slot network 1-globle mode, it only shows up with CDMA, wcdma/GSM.
No lte/wcdma/GSM.

If I go into hidden settings using *#*#4636#*#*
It shows option for lte.
Anyone help?

Last edited:

rosain.batish

Aug 20, 2015
Using Indian version of htc one e8
Currently in Delhi Vodafone network runs on lte band 3
1800mhz and which should be supported by my device
GSMarena.com even provides information that Indian version has 1800mhz support.

But when I go into mobile data-slot network 1-globle mode, it only shows up with CDMA, wcdma/GSM.
No lte/wcdma/GSM.

If I go into hidden settings using *#*#4636#*#*
It shows option for lte.
Anyone help?
really ??? i don't think that it supports 4G in Indian version. my dad had to buy HTC One ME because of this

---------- Post added at 09:05 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:04 AM ----------

hey guys can anyone tell me where to get the original stock rom for HTC e8 ??

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    So according to Gsmarena, only 4 HTC devices are confirmed for Android L update,. Does that mean HTC E8 will not get Android L? :confused: :(
    Update confirmed by LlabTooFeR on Twitter. Here is the schedule, looks like we may have it before the new year![emoji51]
    Click thanks if I helped.

Dhk
    E8 will get lollipop in between jan and march here is the link and pictures

www.droid-now.com/2014/10/android-5-0-lollipop-update-plan-htc-devices/

Sent from my C5303 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
    I just posted this on help sub forum in the m8 forums. Can you please show some support here guys:
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2926091
    HTC ONE E8 Dual SIM INDIAN VERSION

Complete review guys...just hold your breathe..
    I have use he phone for a month, bought from Amazon.in, white colour, 32K
    saw a lott of questions..trying to answer them all..
    :cowboy:
    It have Snapdragon 801 2.5GHz , so don't you worry at all, although its little different from M8

RAM is 2GB, and all the time 1GB is free, screenshot attached

Multi touch, supports 10 fingers

There is 4G compatibility but none Indian service provider work in that frequency and its category 4

People having issues with sim card tray and all, Request dont use cut sime as the normal sim is thicker than nano and it will destroy your simcard tray

HTCServices-This is my First HTC phone, and I received a non working headset or may be i broke it the very second day, went to service centre in Delhi, pathetic outsourced poor infra structured typical manner less people but i was treated nice, they took headset and new ones were delivered in 3days to my home through FEDEX courier, so pretty good.
    ALSO USE THIS PHONE VERY CAUTIOUSLY, its a unibody framed phone so id there is any hardware issue, they cannot open it and test, it will be sent out of the country where it was built and re assembled there so plz make sure you don't do such mistake and if you don't blame HTC for delayed delivery

HTC DOT VIEW CASE-Its available on Amazon for 2200Rs, decent one, if cannot afford do buy a case or back scratch guard as the back is very beautiful but prone to visible scratches[/B

Yes it have Gorilla Glass 3 protections and HTC advantage cover i.e. if you break your screen within 6 months of purchasing it will be replaced free

TIME FOR PERSONAL EXPERIENCE
    whenver I buy a phone I give the phone some time to settle before judging so I did it here.I came to E8 from T2 ultra which was and is a King in terms of battery, 3000mah and 2 days long survival in Stamina mode so was having little expectation from it but HTC ONE E8 after doing some little tweaks performed sexy for 1day 3hours with 12% still available doing moderately high use(30 calls, 15msgs, 25pictures, 30 min 3G useage, hours wifi, 1hour surfing,20 min music and 20 min video)
    The phone processing is marvelous, No lags at all..I ran Asphalt 8, candy crush, subway surfer simultaneously, no lags even rest of them were working in background.
    Next I moved to sound..OMG n WTF...Remarkable no words for clarity and bass with stereo best heard on any phone ever..although tey drain battery very fast.
    Screen Quality is good :) after all FHD it is.
    Charges to full from 10% in roughly 1.5hour
    Battery-Little secret here, there is a power saver mode and there is one extreme power saver...Turn on the extreme one..it makes you phone NOKIA 1110i with no features but Call, Message, contacts,Calender, calculator and Mail. Using this the battery worked for 4days :D Miracle!!
    CAmera- Best in class :) although will not compare with Z2/S5 etc but It will not disappoint you , I own a DSLR and I really can tell you pretty good camera you have here.Front camera is smooth. Over all the camera UI will make u fall in
    USB OTG compatibility-I used Pendrive, Cards and Mouse worked like as they should have.
    Heating- It heats a little when you dont think and kill this beast :p
    Gallery have super features.Truly make memory great.

Two photos with screenshot included.

https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B8eWdTrsoko1c3RNTDg1MWx4alE&usp=sharing

Any other que...feel free to ask!!

======================================================================
    Currently Own-HTC ONE E8
    PRevious phone-
    NOKIA 2100=>NOKIA3110=>NOKIA5130 Xpress Music=> Sony Ericsson X10i =>Nokia Asha 200=>Sony Ericsson Xperia Neo V=>Mircomax CAnvas 4 => Moto G=>Sony T2 Ultra=>HTC One E8
    Is this thread is all about phone covers?

Sent from my HTC One_E8 dual sim