[Q] Connecting Galaxy tab to Ad hoc Network?

Search This thread

davlav4210

Nov 11, 2010
Anyone been able to apply a method for connecting a Galaxy tab to a ad hoc wifi network?

I've rooted my tab and poked around for the various fixes but can't get anything to work. I tried the compiled Froyo fix for this but it throws an error when I try to flash the fix using Rom Manager: "failed to verify whole-file signature".

Will this patch need to be resigned for the tab? I'll admit I'm new to the Android world and I'm hoping there's an easy fix for this.

jayisking

Jul 10, 2010
I tether mine using wireless tether on my dinc you just need to enable access control and it will work.

jayisking

Jul 10, 2010
I have a rooted droid incredible I use "wireless tether" from the market. When you open the app hit menu then access control and just hit enable.

mosone23

Mar 6, 2010
Nope...had me going for a minute though. Funny though,my girlfriends DX can see my ad-hoc tether from my d1?

Last edited:

halfshark

Nov 12, 2010
ad-hoc on Galaxy Tab

Having the Galaxy Tab recognize/connect to ad-hoc wireless network is critical for me. Anyone have the answer??

Esxna

Nov 16, 2010
Verizon galaxy tab ad hoc working

After rooting my tab I found this link on the forums: xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=7711198&postcount=6

Grabbing the wpa_supicant file from there all I did was use root explorer, which can be found in the android market, to back up my existing wpa_supplicant found in the
/system/bin/ directory at the bottom. Then I copied the newly downloaded file
(after extracting it) and placed it in the above mentioned directory. You will have to press
The r/w button at the top of root explorer in order to enable read write permissions in
/system/bin . I tested this with the wireless tether on my droid original and it works
as advertised.

I am not the one who created this solution nor am I the one who compiled wpa_supplicant
All credit goes to the original author of the solution. I merely wish to convey to you that this solution worked for me. I hope this helps.

*It is important to note th at this was done using a rooted verizon galaxy tab. You will
Have to be at least rooted for this solution to have any chance of working. I used z4root
in order to root my device which can be found by searching these forums or the android market and again I dont claim any credit or participation in the creation of that app.

Posted from my Samxung Galaxy Tab

Reactions: CyberCrisis

jmed999

Nov 15, 2010
After rooting my tab I found this link on the forums: xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=7711198&postcount=6

Grabbing the wpa_supicant file from there all I did was use root explorer, which can be found in the android market, to back up my existing wpa_supplicant found in the
(after extracting it) and placed it in the above mentioned directory. You will have to press
The r/w button at the top of root explorer in order to enable read write permissions in
/system/bin . I tested this with the wireless tether on my droid original and it works
as advertised.

I am not the one who created this solution nor am I the one who compiled wpa_supplicant
All credit goes to the original author of the solution. I merely wish to convey to you that this solution worked for me. I hope this helps.

*It is important to note th at this was done using a rooted verizon galaxy tab. You will
Have to be at least rooted for this solution to have any chance of working. I used z4root
in order to root my device which can be found by searching these forums or the android market and again I dont claim any credit or participation in the creation of that app.

I wish someone would do a step by step for dummies on how to do this. Thanks!

mach330

Feb 10, 2010

as advertised.

awesome. anyone else get this to work this one with incredible? it should be the same i would guess.

joecpu

Oct 19, 2010
No luck on rooted tmobile galaxy tab

Maybe this is a total noob problem but, I rooted my tab, followed the instructions and nada. The file says it copied but the date of the file did not change. I refreshed and checked again. I tried to see if the tab would now see my wifi tether from my droid1. No go. My laptop and ipod see the droid wifi but not the galaxy. Any ideas?
:eek:

Esxna

Nov 16, 2010
Maybe this is a total noob problem but, I rooted my tab, followed the instructions and nada. The file says it copied but the date of the file did not change. I refreshed and checked again. I tried to see if the tab would now see my wifi tether from my droid1. No go. My laptop and ipod see the droid wifi but not the galaxy. Any ideas?
:eek:
Assuming u backed up the original file first to ur sdcard, I actually deleted the one in
/system/bin then copied the modified file there afterward in order to make sure it was replaced and to avoid overwrite issues like that. Give that a try?

yungzee

Feb 26, 2009
This worked great for me. Had to use adb shell and some command line tricks but got the new wpa_supplicant copied and can now use the wifi tether on my phone for internet. Good times. :)

davlav4210

Nov 11, 2010
Thanks!

as advertised.

Thanks, this worked great.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Verizon galaxy tab ad hoc working

as advertised.

The well-known wpa_supplicant won't work with p1010.

Go to Market and install the free zt-180, by this free app, you can switch between adhoc and normal wifi. It does work for me on iPhone 3gs+Mywi tethering with p1010.

Sent from Galaxy Tab Wifi using Tapatalk
    I was having the same problem but i did an update on my WiFi Tether app to version 3.1 beta7 and now my 2 tabs find my phone and conect to it. I dont have a link but just google wifi tether 3.1