[Q] How To Use Another Android Phones Rom On Another Android Phone?

Search This thread

Renzler

Jan 3, 2013
Dhaka
I am new to android and was wondering can we use another android phones rom on a another phone? Like can we use Galaxy Mini Cyanogenmod on Xperia Mini? And Can we do this by changing the firmware or kernel version?

dkmali

Aug 13, 2012
Bhilwara
I am new to android and was wondering can we use another android phones rom on a another phone? Like can we use Galaxy Mini Cyanogenmod on Xperia Mini? And Can we do this by changing the firmware or kernel version?

You can't use Galaxy Mini Cyanogenmod on Xperia Mini . Other wish you break your phone.

Sent from my Android Smartphone

Last edited:
Reactions: Renzler

Renzler

Jan 3, 2013
Dhaka
thanks for the info zelende and dkmali. And last question can flash another mobiles firmware or kernel version to my android? and yes can I then use things meant for those android? don't by the question get irrigated just wanted know :D !!

Soul reaper

Apr 9, 2012
UltraMusic Fest
thanks for the info zelende and dkmali. And last question can flash another mobiles firmware or kernel version to my android? and yes can I then use things meant for those android? don't by the question get irrigated just wanted know :D !!

u cant use a rom
but there is something called porting
u cant even flash kernel because drivers are different
but there are some things u can use like stock apps that too if its same version :)

sashank

Dec 31, 2010
Bangalore, KA, India

Dude you asked the same question thrice, just differently worded. For god's sake. :eek:

Read up on porting ROMs if you want to know how a ROM for one device is made to work on another. It usually requires a device specific kernel that's made to be compatible with the other device's ROM, and then there's resizing work to be done for all the apps if the other device's screen is of a larger resolution.

Judging by your questions, it's obvious you don't have any developer knowledge, and porting requires quite a bit of it. So, for the last time, NO you can't do whatever you're asking.

Reactions: Dorarch

winderor

Jun 4, 2012
same specs device

hi,
i have a similar question but for an identical hardware phones.
my device is with mt6577 cpu (neo n002), and running ICS i searched for a JB rom but didn't find one.
there are other devices with that chipset even same ram (size), screen resolution, maybe same camera, so i wonder if i can port
the JB rom to my device or even install the rom as it is?
if so, can i keep specific drivers from the ICS version, in case i get a problem with gps/camera/mic.....?

thanx.

Jibrael baligod

Oct 19, 2015
SCH-R530 to GT-I9300

Is GT-I9300 S3 Rom compatible for SCH-R530 S3?:confused:
Can i use GT-I9300 Rom for SCH-R530?:confused:
Different Specs?
Newbie :)

Last edited:

andykusumah

Nov 17, 2015
No you can only use a rom from the same device, ex one S3 to another S3. YOU CANNOT use one rom like the question your asking for another device. Different specs....

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Xparent ICS Tapatalk 2

Then how to port a custom recovery ? I have oppo R3007 also known as mirror 3 that made me crazy with the super lag colorOS. No support/develop on this phone. Then i wanted to know how to make a custom recovery and also makes a aosp for this phone. I just wont to brick my phone. Cause the flashtool is unavailable for users only for the oppo it self. Thanks (sorry for bad english)

Vishnusudhakar

Jul 22, 2017
Hi
My phone is ASUS ZenFone max 6.0.1 and I would like to flash a coustom rom version is same 6.0.1 beta
Hot to get that.....

subin saju

Aug 4, 2017
i am stuck by galaxy j9 buyed from abroad

can i flash any other softwares like j7 into my j9
is it cause any problems
otherwise can i install j7AOSP software in my j9

The2k10

Nov 12, 2017
Just flashed lenovo vibe b stock ROM on lenovo a2010.everything seems to be okay........but the touch response in going places!!!!!maybe some help with that?:p:rolleyes:

Reactions: Deepak2020

ahmedark22

Dec 3, 2017
Can i install a rom made for note 4 ( DN7 OR DN5 ) on a note 2 ?

The dn7 made for the note 2 is just a theme but for the note 4 the original apps from the note 7 are used so i want note 4s dn7 and i tried the note 2s dn7 it was soo unstable please help ...

Reactions: Deepak2020

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

You can't use Galaxy Mini Cyanogenmod on Xperia Mini . Other wish you break your phone.

Sent from my Android Smartphone
    As stated above only do this if you need a brick. Only flash things ment for your device.

Batcom2

Dude you asked the same question thrice, just differently worded. For god's sake. :eek:

Read up on porting ROMs if you want to know how a ROM for one device is made to work on another. It usually requires a device specific kernel that's made to be compatible with the other device's ROM, and then there's resizing work to be done for all the apps if the other device's screen is of a larger resolution.

Judging by your questions, it's obvious you don't have any developer knowledge, and porting requires quite a bit of it. So, for the last time, NO you can't do whatever you're asking.
    Just flashed lenovo vibe b stock ROM on lenovo a2010.everything seems to be okay........but the touch response in going places!!!!!maybe some help with that?:p:rolleyes:
    Can i install a rom made for note 4 ( DN7 OR DN5 ) on a note 2 ?

The dn7 made for the note 2 is just a theme but for the note 4 the original apps from the note 7 are used so i want note 4s dn7 and i tried the note 2s dn7 it was soo unstable please help ...