[ROM] MIUI v4 (ICS) ALPHA2

Search This thread

kwan

Sep 6, 2006
I did have to create a theme folder for themes to start working.
Also had to use Superuser app in order to get titanium to work.

Last edited:

kwan

Sep 6, 2006
I made it with es file explorer giving it root access and i made the permissions with no restrictions

I used rom toolbox and checked all the boxes for permissions as well as the special permissions boxes.
The folder should be named "theme".
At least thats what I did and it works

kwan

Sep 6, 2006
Thanks tried it that way and was sucessful

Cool. Glad it worked.

Thanks for getting this out TCP. Really appreciate it.
Just wanted to let you know that mobile odin works (unlike alpha 2). But I still can't install apps like Bank of America and Key Ring, neither through backup or Play Store (can't even find it)

Last edited:

llfloyd79

Sep 11, 2010
anyone on 2.3.9, can u go to settings and check for updates? want to c if updater works?

I checked it and no it doesnt work.

---------- Post added at 11:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:20 PM ----------

Man....this new Miui is soo nice!

Only thing......no video camera.....Ughhh :(

T.C.P

Apr 19, 2010
Stockton
Cool. Glad it worked.

Thanks for getting this out TCP. Really appreciate it.
Just wanted to let you know that mobile odin works (unlike alpha 2). But I still can't install apps like Bank of America and Key Ring, neither through backup or Play Store (can't even find it)

Bank of America works for me...

Sent from my SPH-D710 using xda premium

kwan

Sep 6, 2006
Bank of America works for me...

Really?? From a backup or straight from Play Store? Because searching for it doesn't even find it
When I browse it on the web version of Play Store, SPHD710 is greyed out and not available

Last edited:

nee_vak

Oct 14, 2009
phone just force closes when you dial, keeps the line on but no way off turning it off (shutting down is the only option, after clicking through force close dialogs)

themes dont really change much: font, notification bar toggle section, homescreen icons, lockscreen and sms background is pretty much the extent

and touchscreen swipes aren't as smooth as gb build

back to miui gb backup (just wish i could get speakerphone fix)
ughh i hate odin
maybe the next build can have cwm recovery? lol making testing much less involved

Last edited:

wase4711

May 9, 2010
Outside of Phoenix, AZ
phone just force closes when you dial, keeps the line on but no way off turning it off (shutting down is the only option, after clicking through force close dialogs)

themes dont really change much: font, notification bar toggle section, homescreen icons, lockscreen and sms background is pretty much the extent

and touchscreen swipes aren't as smooth as gb build

back to miui gb backup (just wish i could get speakerphone fix)
ughh i hate odin
maybe the next build can have cwm recovery? lol making testing much less involved

yep, didn't try making any calls last night when I loaded it, but, you are right, phone just fc's when you try to make a call, and you can't hang up unless you pull the battery..

AFAIAC, this makes the rom unusable, until you can make phone calls..

****, and I was really liking this rom..oh well, lets see if TCP can fix this.

onedr0p

Oct 6, 2010
Damn, alot of you guys have Bank of America... Do you all know how bad of a corporation they are?

JasonK75

Apr 21, 2010
Michigan
yep, didn't try making any calls last night when I loaded it, but, you are right, phone just fc's when you try to make a call, and you can't hang up unless you pull the battery..

AFAIAC, this makes the rom unusable, until you can make phone calls..

****, and I was really liking this rom..oh well, lets see if TCP can fix this.

Dang, glad I read this, I was just about to flash this bad boy. Lol

trevoc1

Jan 26, 2011
Cleveland, OH
ok its uploaded to miui.us now we wait for it to show up on the download page :D ( if it doesnt show up in 1 hour ill post a mirror )

???is 2.3.9 the updated rom or is there a link to 2.3.16 I looked on miui.us but our phone is not listed and in the op the link takes you to 2.3.9 just looking for the latest build...Thanks

T.C.P

Apr 19, 2010
Stockton
How are u guys getting phone fc's? I'm running it right now and made tons of calls Nd it doesn't fc's ??? Can Anyone get me a log?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    b2tP2.png

Ported by marcusant and TCP
    Version 2.3.30

The new version has been released by tcp. Details will come later. Most issues are fixed.

WHAT IS CONFIRMED WORKING

Calling
    SMS
    MMS
    Mobile data
    WiFi
    Bluetooth
    SD cards
    It boots​

WHAT HAS NOT BEEN CONFIRMED NOR DENIED

Lots of things​

What is confirmed broken

4G WiMax (DO NOT ASK!!!)
    Themes (create /data/system/theme/)
    Anything broken in CM9
    Display is glitchy
    Some sd glitches
    ClockworkMod Recovery (you need to Odin to stock to leave!!!) (Fixed in a2 I think but you can and will brick when using CWM)

Thanks

Fascinate MIUI porter (weblexa) - Base ROM
    Fascinate CM team - providing CDMA parts
    Epic 4G SGS 1 MIUI team - providing most of the fixes
    T.C.P. - Working on this before me and bricking twice trying to troubleshoot and port
    Marcusant - restarting the miui4 port to the e4gt from scratch in attempt to remove bugs
    Darkierawr - providing a lot of fixes
    MIUIANDROID team
    MIUI China team
    Sbrissen and teamhacksung - providing code to fix bugs and issues and providing the AOSP 4.0 kernel

How to flash

1. Flash MIUI 2.3
    2. Boot into MIUI 2.3
    3. Boot into recovery
    4. Wipe data/factory reset
    5. Flash MIUI​

Disclaimer

I do not own an Epic 4G Touch and have blindly ported this. I am in no way responsible for what happens to your phone, yourself, or others by flashing this. This is not intended as a daily driver but can be used a such. Don't be stupid. Turn to T.C.P. for help and support. I may have a moderator give him this thread if I can no longer support it.

MAKE SURE TO GIVE T.C.P A THANKS. HE ALMOST HAD THIS DONE BEFORE I FINISHED!

Download
    If you have read the entire op and understand the risk, you can download the alpha here: [URL]http://dl.dropbox.com/u/5497732/miui/Miui2.3.30_4.0.4.zip[/url]
    My Bi-weekly ports XD

Marcus and I will take turns each week porting miui, to make it eaiser for us XD so on my behalf, i give you guys MIUI 2.3.16

I'll make it all pretty tomorrow :cool:

Thanks to Jafterdark for fixing sms and data make sure to thank him too XD

Screenies (thanks riassan):
    BT5fd.jpg
    z1tDW.png
    TxOK1.png
    aAC25.png
    well i fixed theme, but might wait to include it on next release, external is also seen on gallery and music now.
    well someone gave a log on both the phone fc, and sms fc, and I saw the problem XD, uploading a fixed version on a bit