[Modems][09 Jun 13] AT&T SGH-I777 (Samsung & AOSP Based ROMs)

Search This thread

manny05

Feb 21, 2011
I tried all the modem and I still have bad upload speed on all of them. Granted this only happens in some places, in others I have excellent speed. Is there any way I can fix that or is it really out of my control? I was thinking of trying out the thunderbolt mod I saw inside the captivate Android section. I asked the developer and he assured me the mod would work on my s2. I'm just trying to maximize my 3g/hspa speed. Any suggestions?

Sent from my pimp'd out Samsung Galaxy S2

dirtyballoonot

Oct 12, 2010
Not a single user in Florida...nuts. I get a ton of complaints about noise on Bluetooth, and don't care as much about data speed...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777 using XDA App

Peaster111

Feb 9, 2009
Ft. Worth, TX
I tried all the modem and I still have bad upload speed on all of them. Granted this only happens in some places, in others I have excellent speed. Is there any way I can fix that or is it really out of my control? I was thinking of trying out the thunderbolt mod I saw inside the captivate Android section. I asked the developer and he assured me the mod would work on my s2. I'm just trying to maximize my 3g/hspa speed. Any suggestions?

I'm not aware of anything.. sounds like an AT&T network thing (too many iphone users talking to Siri :) ). I'm not familiar with the thunderbolt mod. Before you give it a shot make sure you have a backup.

manny05

Feb 21, 2011
I'm not aware of anything.. sounds like an AT&T network thing (too many iphone users talking to Siri :) ). I'm not familiar with the thunderbolt mod. Before you give it a shot make sure you have a backup.
I did a nandroid backup just incase and the mod actually has improved my 3G speed. But my battery does seem to take a hit though.it hasn't been a full day yet so I'll keep you updated. IM going to use the modem that gave me the best upload speed sooooo I can get a good balance. Right now it's 6mb download and 1mb upload

Peaster111

Feb 9, 2009
Ft. Worth, TX
I did a nandroid backup just incase and the mod actually has improved my 3G speed. But my battery does seem to take a hit though.it hasn't been a full day yet so I'll keep you updated. IM going to use the modem that gave me the best upload speed sooooo I can get a good balance. Right now it's 6mb download and 1mb upload

Thanks for the feedback. We at least know the thunderbolt mod doesn't totally break things.

Nizda1

Nov 12, 2011
Not a single user in Florida...nuts. I get a ton of complaints about noise on Bluetooth, and don't care as much about data speed...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777 using XDA App
I'm in south Florida, as far as Bluetooth noise I have not experienced any noticeable difference or static from trying out different modems. Only time I ever experienced an echo I ended up narrowing the problem down to the kernel and have never had anything but great clarity with Bluetooth voice. I've been using KH7, it seems to be work the best for my particular area, although if I'm down in Miami I get a better signal with KK6, but it varies so I stay with KH7.

dirtyballoonot

Oct 12, 2010
Only three things I can think of beyond the modem that can cause your kind of issue. (1) Bad bluetooth headset (2) something in the ROM is dorked up (3) the kernel

Not using BT headset; using my car's

Using UNNamed ROM and Kernal

---------- Post added at 01:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:42 PM ----------

I'm in south Florida, as far as Bluetooth noise I have not experienced any noticeable difference or static from trying out different modems. Only time I ever experienced an echo I ended up narrowing the problem down to the kernel and have never had anything but great clarity with Bluetooth voice. I've been using KH7, it seems to be work the best for my particular area, although if I'm down in Miami I get a better signal with KK6, but it varies so I stay with KH7.

Central Florida (Orlando) here. I might try swapping kernals.

R

Red5

Not using BT headset; using my car's

Using UNNamed ROM and Kernal

---------- Post added at 01:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:42 PM ----------

Central Florida (Orlando) here. I might try swapping kernals.
If you're using the Kernel that came with UnNamed, Id suggest that you update that to at least the 01/02/2012 kernel. It may or may not help your speeds, but it will help your phone.

shoman94

Recognized Contributor
Mar 27, 2009
Maine
haha its all good i just wondered if anybody had a chance to mess with the modems and tweak them any

2+ mbps is pretty damn good. I've seen just over 3 mbps. If you not getting that and you're on my firmware then its your area.

Nobody has been able to do anything with the modem. Its binary so you need a hex editor to open it but nothing pops out in there. Something tells me its written differently then formatted in .bin. idk.... I've spent ours on the cappy trying to figure that out. The modem dance is the only thing I figured out. Which IMO was huge but no big deal was ever made of it. :-( lol

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Tapatalk

tylercarter

Mar 1, 2011
Illinois
2+ mbps is pretty damn good. I've seen just over 3 mbps. If you not getting that and you're on my firmware then its your area.

Nobody has been able to do anything with the modem. Its binary so you need a hex editor to open it but nothing pops out in there. Something tells me its written differently then formatted in .bin. idk.... I've spent ours on the cappy trying to figure that out. The modem dance is the only thing I figured out. Which IMO was huge but no big deal was ever made of it. :-( lol

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Tapatalk

Thanks man. I remember the modem dance. If I remember right u had a thread on that. Ill check it out and refresh my memory but my upload is. .13mbps.

g8tes69

Feb 22, 2011
Thanks man. I remember the modem dance. If I remember right u had a thread on that. Ill check it out and refresh my memory but my upload is. .13mbps.
damn! that is really low, im on a microcell getting the best 3g service possible... im getting 3mb+, you should at least be getting close to 1mb with bad service... what modem are you using? im using kk6, seems like some on modems i get better reception as far as calls go, but bad for data.... some seem to lack on voice calls but awesome 3g! kk6 get great data speeds for me and i dont notice a difference with call quality... also it seems like it depends on the time of day! i swear at&t dubs down their data during the day, like they limit to what you can use ... shady bastards... also at my work i get horrible signal... i wish i could give the modem more power, like add voltage some how or something... what is modem dance btw?

Peaster111

Feb 9, 2009
Ft. Worth, TX

ryude

Jun 19, 2010
USA
I'm not sure if it matters, but the checksum doesn't match when comparing the KH7 modem provided here and the one inside the stock KH7 firmware.

Top Liked Posts