Stuck trying to install ROM.

Search This thread

nick_sixx

Dec 29, 2010
Brisbane
Hey guys,

So I was running 4.2 Viper on my H1, and decided to update to the 4.4 Revolution ROM. After getting the .zip onto the phone, I attempted to install using an older version of CWM. Unfortunately I got stuck in a boot loop where it was attempting to reboot to recovery for about 2 secs, and would flash the CWM screen before going into another loop.

My phone beforehand had suffered from a problem where it was only being charged by certain chargers, and only being recognised on my computer by certain cables. Now, however, it isn't charging at all, nor is it being recognised on my computer by any cable in any USB port (4 cables, 4usb ports). This means that I am stuck with the ROMs that are already in the storage, and I can't transfer a new one (RUU etc) by mounting the phone in recovery.

Fastboot USB, however, seems to still be recognised, so I was able to flash both the latest TWRP and CWM recoveries, and reinstall the Revolution ROM. The ROM installs well using both recoveries (obviously doing full wipes beforehand), but still gets stuck in either a bootloop (CWM) or stuck on the HTC splash screen (TWRP).

Is there any way I can get another ROM onto the phone either in fastboot or alternative methods? Or somehow revert the phone to stock?

I have a backup, but it is on my computer, and therefore isn't transferrable via USB :(

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

nick_sixx

Dec 29, 2010
Brisbane
Yep full wipe. I just did a "full" full wipe in TWRP and now I don't even have the ROM. Zip in the phone to attempt a reflash.

I can't mount as USB to side load. Is there another way to push a ROM in fastboot?

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

knudsen81

Sep 22, 2006
Aabenraa
Google Pixel 7 Pro

nick_sixx

Dec 29, 2010
Brisbane
i hope it works where should be a zip that is the same as yours htc

I am getting the following:

./fastboot flash zip ruu.zip
sending 'zip' (1029984 KB)...
OKAY [ 35.459s]
writing 'zip'...
(bootloader) zip header checking...
(bootloader) zip info parsing...
FAILED (remote: 99 unknown fail)
finished. total time: 35.709s

Don't know where to go from here?

alray

Inactive Recognized Contributor
May 22, 2012
I am getting the following:

./fastboot flash zip ruu.zip
sending 'zip' (1029984 KB)...
OKAY [ 35.459s]
writing 'zip'...
(bootloader) zip header checking...
(bootloader) zip info parsing...
FAILED (remote: 99 unknown fail)
finished. total time: 35.709s

Don't know where to go from here?

Post the output of ''fastboot getvar all'' minus your IMEI and SERIALNO and post a link to the ruu you have downloaded.

Also how the device is listed in windows device manager when booted in twrp? ''other devices --> One'' or ''android usb devices --> My HTC'' ?

Last edited:

nick_sixx

Dec 29, 2010
Brisbane
Post the output of ''fastboot getvar all'' minus your IMEI and SERIALNO and post a link to the ruu you have downloaded.

Also how the device is listed in windows device manager when booted in twrp? ''other devices --> One'' or ''android usb devices --> My HTC'' ?

./fastboot getvar all
(bootloader) version: 0.5
(bootloader) version-bootloader: 1.44.0000
(bootloader) version-baseband: 4A.14.3250.13
(bootloader) version-cpld: None
(bootloader) version-microp: None
(bootloader) version-main: 1.29.980.2
(bootloader) version-misc: PVT SHIP S-ON
(bootloader) serialno:
(bootloader) imei:
(bootloader) meid: 00000000000000
(bootloader) product: m7_ul
(bootloader) platform: HBOOT-8064
(bootloader) modelid: PN0714000
(bootloader) cidnum: VODAP021
(bootloader) battery-status: good
(bootloader) battery-voltage: 3751mV
(bootloader) partition-layout: Generic
(bootloader) security: on
(bootloader) build-mode: SHIP
(bootloader) boot-mode: RUU
ERROR: usb_read failed with status e00002e8
getvar:all FAILED (status read failed (No such file or directory))
finished. total time: 0.042s

I think I used this RUU (using a mac so .exe not an option at this stage)

http://www.htc1guru.com/dld/ruu-zip...0-13_10-33-1150-01_release_311678_signed-zip/

I can fire up bootcamp and use an exe if it will make a difference.

I am using an Australian-delivered unlocked phone

alray

Inactive Recognized Contributor
May 22, 2012
decided to update to the 4.4 Revolution ROM. After getting the .zip onto the phone, I attempted to install using an older version of CWM.
Unfortunately I got stuck in a boot loop
4.4 rom require at least TWRP 2.6.3.3

Fastboot USB, however, seems to still be recognised
So it looks more like a driver issue than a bad usb cable.

Is there any way I can get another ROM onto the phone either in fastboot or alternative methods? Or somehow revert the phone to stock?

If you can't make adb working, buy a usb otg cable as suggested before.

---------- Post added at 10:56 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:48 AM ----------

./fastboot getvar all
(bootloader) version: 0.5
(bootloader) version-bootloader: 1.44.0000
(bootloader) version-baseband: 4A.14.3250.13
(bootloader) version-cpld: None
(bootloader) version-microp: None
(bootloader) version-main: 1.29.980.2
(bootloader) version-misc: PVT SHIP S-ON
(bootloader) serialno:
(bootloader) imei:
(bootloader) meid: 00000000000000
(bootloader) product: m7_ul
(bootloader) platform: HBOOT-8064
(bootloader) modelid: PN0714000
(bootloader) cidnum: VODAP021
(bootloader) battery-status: good
(bootloader) battery-voltage: 3751mV
(bootloader) partition-layout: Generic
(bootloader) security: on
(bootloader) build-mode: SHIP
(bootloader) boot-mode: RUU

http://www.htc1guru.com/dld/ruu-zip...0-13_10-33-1150-01_release_311678_signed-zip/

That ruu isn't for your phone! You need the ruu that match your version base (.980), your cid (VODAP021) and your MID (PN0714000). With S-ON you also need to use a ruu of the same or higher version (1.29.980.2 or higher). Unfortunately, there is no RUU available for your phone :eek:

With s-on, the only choice you have atm is to flash a rom. Sorry.

---------- Post added at 10:58 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:56 AM ----------

If you really can't make adb works via twrp then buy a usb otg cable from ebay (pretty cheap) and copy your rom to a usb stick.

plug the otg cable with the usb stick and boot in twrp. Then mount the usb drive and install the rom.

Btw be sure to use latest version of twrp. (2.7.0.0)

nick_sixx

Dec 29, 2010
Brisbane
4.4 rom require at least TWRP 2.6.3.3

So it looks more like a driver issue than a bad usb cable.

If you can't make adb working, buy a usb otg cable as suggested before.

---------- Post added at 10:56 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:48 AM ----------

That ruu isn't for your phone! You need the ruu that match your version base (.980), your cid (VODAP021) and your MID (PN0714000). With S-ON you also need to use a ruu of the same or higher version (1.29.980.2 or higher). Unfortunately, there is no RUU available for your phone :eek:

With s-on, the only choice you have atm is to flash a rom. Sorry.

---------- Post added at 10:58 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:56 AM ----------

If you really can't make adb works via twrp then buy a usb otg cable from ebay (pretty cheap) and copy your rom to a usb stick.

plug the otg cable with the usb stick and boot in twrp. Then mount the usb drive and install the rom.

Btw be sure to use latest version of twrp. (2.7.0.0)

Ok so I got the OTG cable, and can finally mount a USB.

Tried installing InsertCoin ROM, and get this message at the final stages of installation

set_metadata_recursive: some changes failed

The next screeen is "Installation Failed" Installer Status: 7

Any ideas on how to progress?

Top Liked Posts