G2X won't recognize SIM card

Search This thread

cyberchuck9000

Sep 18, 2009
Anyone else experience issues with swapping their SIM from their old phone into the G2X? I have reseated mine from my N1 into the phone 3 times, and each time I boot it says I have no SIM card. Pulling my hair out!

JHaste

Jan 7, 2010
Tempe Arizona!
I went from an N1 to the g2x and i had the same problem so here is the deal...

the g2x is a 4g phone and it required a new sim card version so i had to trade in the sim card that i have had since my i got my razr in 2005...

so disclaimer to anyone who buys the phone outright, you have to have an updated sim card... just go into tmobile and they will give you one...

Gryncc

Oct 18, 2010
Detroit
mines wont check for sim card at all it keep saying no service even without a sim card it usually say no sim but it just say no service can someone help plz plz plz

alias503

Jun 20, 2011
L.I.T.H.
Fyi make sure it is a corporate store. Otherwise it could cost ya $20. Customer care might even be able to mail you one...not sure. If your near Chicago I would just give you one of my extras.

Sent from my LG-P999 using XDA App

phburks

Nov 11, 2010
Orlando, FL
I reused the sim from my N1 and have had no issues but it was probably a newer version sim since I just got it beginning of last year.

BigREDD

Aug 10, 2008
Arizona
I have the same issue.
Mint condition G2X does not detect my sim card reads "error while trying to connect to network"
I am running CM 7.2 I have wiped everything and reflashed still no luck.

Add one more to the pile...

I also recently began having this problem, but my device previously worked fine.

I have tried Restoring to Factory V21Y with Mar 11 Baseband
Flasing a GB Based ROM & Stock Kernel
Flashing CM9
Flashing CM10

Entering *#*#INFO#*#* Phone Info and modifying frequency band (No Go).

At one point I was able to read the Phone # from the SIM card, but couldn't get a lock on Netowkr. I can visually detect T-Mobile and ATT in Mobile Networks.

I have tried this with 4G Enabled SIM Cards and older T-Mobile SIM Cards.
I have tried Simple Mobile, Straight Talk, & ATT SIM Cards.

I have tried using None APN's, the TMo/Simple Default APN's, and Modified APN's for Straight Talk & Family Talk.

No avail.

Any ideas?

jusser

Aug 9, 2012
RE:

I had the same problem. A new SIM card fixed it.

I gave my friend my old G2x because she was switching from AT&T to TMobile. She went to the TMobile store and got a new SIM card and her old AT&T number transferred to it. It works on her old iPhone but when I insert the SIM card on the LG G2x , it keeps saying 'no SIM card inserted'....do i need to flash a certain baseband on it and/or setup a custom APN for it? I am on the stock ROM thats rooted...

Any help is much appreciateed

Core Memory

Oct 24, 2011
Toronto
Sorry for not replying until now but I rarely visit here anymore. My G2X had a bad Sim card which a new Sim fixed. I just had to wait until the network could authorize with it.