Droid2(A955) Motherboard in Droid1(A855)

Search This thread

PS4AndroidHacker

Jul 11, 2009
Dalton,Ohio
www.facebook.com
Seen a thread somewhere on the net about this and thought I'd post it in this section seeing as how it would be an accessory upgrade I suppose. If anybody has any more info or specs on this let me know and let's get it up on here for reference. I'd like to give it a try and see if it will bring better speeds and performance for the A855. I'll keep my search up again and try to get the info on here.

PS4AndroidHacker

Jul 11, 2009
Dalton,Ohio
www.facebook.com
Success

Ok guys and gals,I have tracked down some info on putting a Motorola D2 (A955 or A956) motherboard into a D1. It has been done and I'm posting the sites for the breakdown and info on it showing that it can be done. I just got a good used D2 off of EBay this morning for $50 and supposedly the screen doesn't work on it. If I can't get the screen to work I will implant the D2 motherboard into my D1 and possibly the keyboard as well. The designs are exactly the same and everything fits. I hope you all find this informative and hope somebody will give it a try as well! Enjoy!

http://www.pcworld.com/zoom?id=203022&page=1&zoomIdx=1
http://www.emoiz.com/motorola-droid-2-tear-down
http://www.ifixit.com/Guide/Installing-Motorola-Droid-Motherboard/2981/1
http://www.ifixit.com/pdf/ifixit/guide_3508_en.pdf

Last edited:
Reactions: vikcon and Caleb83

tennyleaz

Sep 18, 2011
If droid 2 to droid 1 is possible, can I have a droid 2 keyboard for droid 1?
That is, put my droid 1 motherboard into a droid 2 lower body, and remains the droid 1 screen?

PS4AndroidHacker

Jul 11, 2009
Dalton,Ohio
www.facebook.com
No I have not found any videos yet but I will make one when I get ready to tear apart my D1. I have had my D2G torn apart about 2 months but have been busy. I'll let you all know when I begin.

Sent from my HERO200 using xda premium

tclayson

Feb 3, 2010
This is very interesting... might be well worth doing. Please post updates when/if you get this underway.

Just out of interest why wouldn't you just replace the screen in the D2 with the screen from your D1?

What implications will changing the hardware like this have for software compatibility?

XtriFe

May 17, 2010
Santo Domingo
Will it work with a global? does'nt that need extra space for the sim slot?

Hi. I believe this would not be an issue as I have swapped motherboards from my Motorola Milestone (GSM) to a Motorola Droid (CDMA) and it fit perfectly fine. Put my sim on and worked great. I dont have any experience with the Droid 2 and D2G though, so I'm just guessing really.

gwl123

Jun 8, 2010
I'm looking to do this with a milestone and a d2g. I can't seem to find any milestone 2 on ebay but I see tons of d2g for cheap.
Also does anyone know how to switch the home and back becouse there in a different place on the d2g. I think there's a button replace app but I'm not sure
Sent from my Milestone using XDA App

gwl123

Jun 8, 2010
Got my droid 2 global the other day just got to figure out how to sim unlock it

gwl123

Jun 8, 2010
it seams that putting a droid 2 global motherboard in a milestone will not work. every time i try to turn on the milestone only the soft keys light up and nothing else happens. i also tried the opposite to see if i put something together wrong or broke a cable and with the motherboard of the milestone in the droid 2 global i got the same problem only the soft keys light up.

PS4AndroidHacker

Jul 11, 2009
Dalton,Ohio
www.facebook.com
Droid2G and Droid1 under construction!

Hey guys,I've been attending college and working and tending to my kids lately and havent checked in on this in a while. My droid 1 processor just took a crap on me yesterday and I am now undergoing the transformation of the two Droids. I am essentially using the lower half(keyboard) from my Droid 2 Global, and the upper half(the LCD Screen,and digitizer) from my Droid 1 and going to inculcate them together. I will take pics along the way as I have no way of taking video except with my HTC Hero200. God I need to buy a video camera already! Thanks for keeping up with this thread and I look forward to giving you all the info as soon as I'm done!

PS4AndroidHacker

Jul 11, 2009
Dalton,Ohio
www.facebook.com
Unlocking the Milestone or Droid 2 Global

Usually to unlock a GSM phone you can just call Verizon OR Motorola directly if your brave enough and ask them for the unlock code. I am in the military and always tell them I'm going overseas and need the unlock code so that I can take it with me. They usually don't ask a lot of questions and give me the code with no problem. Just thought I'd try to help out.

Got my droid 2 global the other day just got to figure out how to sim unlock it

eljan

Dec 30, 2011
any news? i might be getting a milestone 2 wich has a backlight problem (or screen, not shure) so, im really interested on getting the m2 motherboard runnning in my m1 case.....

Top Liked Posts