[Modems][09 Jun 13] AT&T SGH-I777 (Samsung & AOSP Based ROMs)

Search This thread

mess18

Nov 30, 2004
Differences between the modems

Can anyone share info where can I find modem descriptions or what are the differences between the modems listed? I ask cause I have replaced one modem by another and suddenly got tripled battery drain rate. So, if I don't want to test more modems, how can I select the right one for me?

Thanks.

SteveMurphy

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Apr 22, 2012
Atlanta
Can anyone share info where can I find modem descriptions or what are the differences between the modems listed? I ask cause I have replaced one modem by another and suddenly got tripled battery drain rate. So, if I don't want to test more modems, how can I select the right one for me?

Thanks.

Far as I know there are no descriptions for our modems. There was once a map showing the coverage area, but it became corrupted a long time ago. You'll have to flash them until you get one you like and has the best reception for you.

They're all different for each user.

Sent from the i777 now Free

mess18

Nov 30, 2004
Far as I know there are no descriptions for our modems. There was once a map showing the coverage area, but it became corrupted a long time ago. You'll have to flash them until you get one you like and has the best reception for you.

They're all different for each user.

Sent from the i777 now Free

Any tools for testing the modems, except for personal impression?

Peaster111

Feb 9, 2009
Ft. Worth, TX
So there haven't been any new modems in several months or has just nobody extracted them?

Probably no new modems, MD8 likely to be the last for our phone. The modems come from AT&T updates, and as there'll never be a 4.2.2 there'll probably not be another modem.

Steve is right. MD8 is likely it for the S2. The S2 is not on the AT&T 4.3 upgrade list either. I don't see any new modems coming.

Reactions: cyril279

MaxRabbit

Oct 21, 2010
Austin

Top Liked Posts