Not able to update my nexus 5 to KitKat 4.4.4 using OTA

Search This thread

sagarbhathwar

Jun 21, 2014
I saw on the Internet that KitKat 4.4.4 with security bug fixes has been launched only for nexus 5 through OTA but when I check for updates, the phone says your system is up to date. I'm running stock android 4.4.3 unrooted. Why is this happening? Any help regarding this?
P.S. - I don't want to update using factory images. Only using OTA. Want to know why my phone is unable to get the update.
Thank you

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

jd1639

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Sep 21, 2012
Minnesota
I saw on the Internet that KitKat 4.4.4 with security bug fixes has been launched only for nexus 5 through OTA but when I check for updates, the phone says your system is up to date. I'm running stock android 4.4.3 unrooted. Why is this happening? Any help regarding this?
P.S. - I don't want to update using factory images. Only using OTA. Want to know why my phone is unable to get the update.
Thank you

They roll out in stages. You'll have to be patient or check out the ota help in the general forum and download the ota zip

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Free mobile app

jball

Jan 7, 2012
Amber
Floating around here are stock 4.4.4 zips you can flash.

Evo_Shift

Jan 17, 2011
Don't worry. I've not received it either. Google sucks with updates and gives absolutely no change log or support. Apple walks all over them in this area. I've read it may take two to three weeks for everyone to get it.

Zepius

Mar 29, 2011
Don't worry. I've not received it either. Google sucks with updates and gives absolutely no change log or support. Apple walks all over them in this area. I've read it may take two to three weeks for everyone to get it.

and thats why on update day at apple it takes 12+ hrs for the update to download because their servers are hammered.

pick your poison.

Reactions: Crappyvate

thom_bjork

Feb 22, 2014
Clovis
I'd definitely take the staged rollout. No question. Then again, I never wait for an ota. There are plenty of other options available if you're not patient enough to wait. Even waiting for the ota, you'll still get the update before most other devices. Some won't get it at all. Wait, or go a different route. Simple.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Mobile Data

hucifer

Jun 12, 2014
I don't understand why people who are so desperate for the update don't just install a custom recovery and flash the zip.

Or just adb sideload like a savage.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

and thats why on update day at apple it takes 12+ hrs for the update to download because their servers are hammered.

pick your poison.