Virtuous Unity Q&A

Search This thread

Cmrune

Jul 31, 2011
Indianapolis
since i reflashed the battery has gone up to 12 hours after just using whatever software came with the flash. Ive read through this and the DHD posts and see that Lordmods radio is supposively really nice on the inspire, so im gonna check it out after the next release is official.

Good things about the reflash: battery improvement(about 4 hours), faster startup time then original flash of beta.

Im still not getting the 15-20 hour norm that some people are reporting, but its getting there. I dont have that JUWE script (or whatever it is) that some people are running, so maybe thats its.

Basic usage: I read through pulse alot. I usually have about 45 mins of gaming, and patrolling the xda forums a bit, maybe a quick check of facebook.

H/H+ is mostly always on for some reason (i probably have stuff still checking for updates constantly, so this may be my fault), but i usually turn off the mobile network when i am not using it, but battery still drains at the same rate even when mobile network is turned off from what ive seen.

Just giving out this info so that maybe someone could figure out a solution to get the battery up a little bit higher.

Natorius

Aug 8, 2011
Is there any reason that my keyboard will sometimes have 1 button that will sometimes stop responding and the only way for me to fix it is to open and close the keyboard again or exit out of texting and open it again? It's a very minor annoyance and I was wondering if I should reflash or wait for the next release that I hear is in beta?

Other thing is, where is the user made dictionary using this ROM? I've added some words I didn't mean to and I apparently fail at finding it to delete them. The only one I've found is in the keyboard options and doesn't have anything listed even though I know I've added words.

smalis

Sep 3, 2010
How to uninstall Arabic Keyboard?

Is the Arabic keyboard I now have from this ROM? If so, how can I remove it?

Thanks.

Justinfedor

Jul 17, 2011
My phone sometimes becomes unresponsive on this rom. I gotta keep rebooting it. Screen freezes but i can unlock it using the screen. Anyone else with this issue

Sent from my Inspire 4G using XDA Premium App

dschreiber69

May 23, 2011
Harbor Springs
My phone sometimes becomes unresponsive on this rom. I gotta keep rebooting it. Screen freezes but i can unlock it using the screen. Anyone else with this issue

Sent from my Inspire 4G using XDA Premium App

Quite the contrary... This is one of the best roms I have ever used. The only issue I have ever had was with Bluetooth working properly in my truck - I did a full wipe and re-flashed the rom - since then EVERTHING is awesome!

Battery lasts about 15-20 hours - check email every 30min. Some games, facebook, news feeds.

Data speeds range from 2.5-4.5 down and 768-1.8 up.

Cmrune

Jul 31, 2011
Indianapolis
Well, got 12 hours today after getting the app to turn off of my mobile network after a certain period of time. 2 hours more is always a good thing.

:cool:

porfymartinez

Feb 24, 2011
San Jon
www.twitter.com
Quite the contrary... This is one of the best roms I have ever used. The only issue I have ever had was with Bluetooth working properly in my truck - I did a full wipe and re-flashed the rom - since then EVERTHING is awesome!

Battery lasts about 15-20 hours - check email every 30min. Some games, facebook, news feeds.

Data speeds range from 2.5-4.5 down and 768-1.8 up.

+1 I love Virtuous. Had it on my G2 before I purchased my Inspire and they both worked amazing.

studdmufin

May 26, 2011
Anybody else having issues with HDR? I'll take a picture but it is the same as a standard picture. I have tried re-flashing to no avail...

salixman

Jun 15, 2011
I just noticed that 2.35.0 is up on the virtuous rom site. Can I flash this over the beta without wiping the data?

homeslice976

Feb 25, 2010
Central Pennsylvania
I just noticed that 2.35.0 is up on the virtuous rom site. Can I flash this over the beta without wiping the data?

This is their policy, from the OP of the VU thread:

You must complete a full wipe prior to installing this ROM the first time. We also recommend wiping between upgrades, but you are welcome to try upgrading without a wipe. However, no support will be provided if you file a bug without having wiped prior to submission.

So no problem trying without a wipe, but if you run into bugs and want support, wipe before reporting

salixman

Jun 15, 2011
Thanks for the help. I'm a little bit too busy right now to do a full wipe, but if I run into any issues that I feel like should be discussed here I'll wipe and reflash before reporting.

insanecr

Aug 29, 2011
very bad audio noise

Doesnt anybody have issues with the audio, there is a noise in my inspire 4g none of the dolby, srs or eq sounds good, i have applied all audio fixes and nothing I have the same problem with all roms. any help ?

insanecr

Aug 29, 2011
Well it partially works with the stock rom and with MIUI, but with stock rom I dont have wifi and with MIUI I dont have FM radio.

oscarwu

Jul 15, 2011
Washington, D.C.
Internet Pass-Through

Hmm...flashed vu 2.35.0 for several days. It works great on my Inspire.
Is there any solution for the internet pass-through issue?

oFUNGUSo

Feb 16, 2011
round rock TX
Q - UNDERVOLT

i may be completely missing something right in front of me (wouldnt be the first time) but ive searched around and am not finding what im looking for.....

i want to undervolt....im wondering if there is a script to flash or some such, or is the process more complicated than that?

just flashed the most recent unity kernel, i noticed in the first post of the kernel thread it says UV900.......is this saying what its capable of undervolting? or that its undervolted by 100mv by default?

any help appreciated.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I just flashed this ROM (version 1.31.0) and have to say I'm pretty happy far.

My only questions so far are, should I flash a different kernal or wait for the next release? Is there a preferred radio? And I'm having issues getting the 5 signal bar mod to work correctly. I downloaded the updated one that should show H and H+ depending on signal but it doesn't work. I do get a 5 signal bar from the mod but that's all. I miss my downloading/uploading H+ symbol.

Does anyone happen to have a circular percentage battery for this version only with the green dotted line that changes colors from blue to red as it goes down? I could only find a green one.

Thanks.

Edit : The signal bar started working correctly.

Edit 2 : I figured out that the signal bar doesn't show 3G, E, or H+ any time WiFi is on.

I had weird issues with V4. So did a couple of others. V3 Seemed to work better for us. Also I just remembered that the framework was changed in the latest version, so a lot of the previous mods will not work or will change some things and may cause problems. Make sure any mods you flash are recent. That battery mod may have to be re made again.

I also had weird issues with v4 kernel and went back to v3.

On page 157, post 1562, has all sorts of signal bar/network icon mods. Post 1570 has battery mods including a Circle% with the green dotted line that changes colors from blue to red as it goes down, but I haven't made one for H+ yet. Hold on a minute and I'll make you what you want. Circle%, 5 bar, H+ for HSDPA and HSPA+. (Note: ALL of these mods are made with SystemUI.apk and framework-res.apk from VU 1.31) One minute

Here you go. First one is a flashable .zip with the battery mod, signal meter mod, and network indicator mod. Second is just the SystemUI.apk with the signal strength and network indicator mods
    Problems for some, not for all. You would have to test it out for yourself to see if your phone likes it or not.

Attachments include V3 and V4 kernels.
    Flashing a different kernel is entirely up to you. The included kernel works very well. There is a circle battery mod add on like the one you are asking about is somewhere in one of the posts. If I happen to come across it I will edit the post to include it. As always should be done, make a back up before flashing any new mod.
    I had weird issues with V4. So did a couple of others. V3 Seemed to work better for us. Also I just remembered that the framework was changed in the latest version, so a lot of the previous mods will not work or will change some things and may cause problems. Make sure any mods you flash are recent. That battery mod may have to be re made again.
    So the title says it all...Has anyone come across this?

Instead of saying "Ringer Volume" it says "% s" when i press the volume up/down button.

I'm running 2.39.

I picked up the file from an earlier post in this thread - Circle%(5bar)(H+forHandH+).zip.

Let me know if you have any suggestions. If there is something better out there please let me know that as well.

I forgot to add that the battery percentage indicator does work. Just the Ringer Volume text is the only issue.

Did you get the one for your version?
    My guess is that you grabbed a zip for a version other than 2.39
    I know, cause I did the same thing (only my status bar disappeared!)
    Really need to read through the posts, especially after an update comes out ;-)
    Hope that helps.

Sent from my Inspire 4G using xda premium