[Q] Phone reboots every 15-30 seconds

Search This thread

Goofy317

Nov 27, 2010
Minneapolis
I recently rooted my HTC a few days ago. I downloaded Titanium Backup to get rid of the Sprint bloatware. Did it and everything was fine. However, a few hours ago I turned my phone off as I had a speech to deliver. Turned it back on and now it is rebooting every 15-30 seconds. Also, my text messaging is weird. I use hangouts and the messages stay on "sending" and yet apparently they are sent since I am getting replies. I am using Google Hangouts. I can still make calls and all that so I know I still have service. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Also, I DO NOT have S-Off. Just a standard root, if that helps. My guess is that I most likely uninstalled something I shouldn't have. If so, could anyone provide a stock HTC rom or app package I can flash? Is this even possible since I don't have S-Off?

reinaldistic

May 3, 2011
I recently rooted my HTC a few days ago. I downloaded Titanium Backup to get rid of the Sprint bloatware. Did it and everything was fine. However, a few hours ago I turned my phone off as I had a speech to deliver. Turned it back on and now it is rebooting every 15-30 seconds. Also, my text messaging is weird. I use hangouts and the messages stay on "sending" and yet apparently they are sent since I am getting replies. I am using Google Hangouts. I can still make calls and all that so I know I still have service. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Also, I DO NOT have S-Off. Just a standard root, if that helps. My guess is that I most likely uninstalled something I shouldn't have. If so, could anyone provide a stock HTC rom or app package I can flash? Is this even possible since I don't have S-Off?

i believe the standard messaging app is still required for texting even if hangouts is handling it. did you uninstall stock messaging? also as a rule of thumb i tend to freeze instead of uninstall the apps that way i dont have to hunt down a flash if it messes up. this is also why you always make a nandroid anytime you mess with your phone's software.

Reactions: Goofy317

Goofy317

Nov 27, 2010
Minneapolis
i believe the standard messaging app is still required for texting even if hangouts is handling it. did you uninstall stock messaging? also as a rule of thumb i tend to freeze instead of uninstall the apps that way i dont have to hunt down a flash if it messes up. this is also why you always make a nandroid anytime you mess with your phone's software.

Nope, I did not uninstall the stock messaging app. And yeah, I forgot to do a nandroid backup. Do you know where I can find a stock ROM to flash? Do I need S-Off to flash roms?

Magnum_Enforcer

Retired Forum Moderator
Jul 14, 2012
Birmingham, AL
What version of SuperSU do you have installed? I recall seeing an issue awhile back where some other folks were having reboot issues and flashing the newest version of SuperSU fixed their issue. If that doesn't fix your issue you'll need to reflash your ROM. You can take a look at the thread in the link below, also. It has stock backups that you can load and install via recovery. You can also run the RUU that's the equivalent of what you're currently running.

Stock backups:

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2736048

RUU's:

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2729173

Once you get things running again, make sure you make a backup in TWRP.

Last edited:
Reactions: Goofy317

Goofy317

Nov 27, 2010
Minneapolis
What version of SuperSU do you have installed? I recall seeing an issue awhile back where some other folks were having reboot issues and flashing the newest version of SuperSU fixed their issue. If that doesn't fix your issue you'll need to reflash your ROM. You can take a look at the thread in the link below, also. It has stock backups that you can load and install via recovery. You can also run the RUU that's the equivalent of what you're currently running.

Stock backups:

RUU's:

Wow thanks a bunch man. Quick question: Do I need S-Off to flash ROMs?

Goofy317

Nov 27, 2010
Minneapolis
No, but it makes life with the M8 easier. Hit the second link in my sig for more info.

Alright man I'm not able to get the files onto my phone since, like I said, it reboots an all that. Ideally, I'd like to simply flash a 100 percent stock ROM and I just won't **** with the damn thing ever again. If you could help me with this, I'd be eternally grateful.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Stock backups:

RUU's:

Wow thanks a bunch man. Quick question: Do I need S-Off to flash ROMs?

No, but it makes life with the M8 easier. Hit the second link in my sig for more info.