[Q] How do I pull files from the stock ROM?

Search This thread

Hizpanick

Oct 7, 2010
I rooted my phone and installed a mod for the e-mail application. I made sure to make a copy of the original email.apk in case I wanted to go back. Well, I didn't realize the mod had a deodexed apk of the e-mail app so I forgot to make a backup of the odex file and the mod deleted the original odex file. I downloaded the stock ROM from here:

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1391174

Is there anyway I can pull the e-mail.apk and e-mail.odex from this ROM so I can push it back to my phone?

yoft1

Feb 15, 2012
I rooted my phone and installed a mod for the e-mail application. I made sure to make a copy of the original email.apk in case I wanted to go back. Well, I didn't realize the mod had a deodexed apk of the e-mail app so I forgot to make a backup of the odex file and the mod deleted the original odex file. I downloaded the stock ROM from here:

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1391174

Is there anyway I can pull the e-mail.apk and e-mail.odex from this ROM so I can push it back to my phone?

If you look through that stock rom, the email.apk and it's corresponding odex is in /system/app

Hizpanick

Oct 7, 2010
Aevyou trying to view the rom files you downloaded through your phone? If so you can't you have to do that on a pc. If you're trying to view system files then root explorer will do fine

I downloaded SGH-T989_TMB_1_T989UVKL1_CL799405_REV00.rar, which contained system.img (508MB) and T989UVKL1_HOME_SGH-T989user_CL799405_REV00.tar.md5 (574MB). Can I open these files with my PC and extract e-mail.apk and e-mail.odex? If so, what program do I use? If not, how can i retrieve the files I want from them?

yoft1

Feb 15, 2012
I downloaded SGH-T989_TMB_1_T989UVKL1_CL799405_REV00.rar, which contained system.img (508MB) and T989UVKL1_HOME_SGH-T989user_CL799405_REV00.tar.md5 (574MB). Can I open these files with my PC and extract e-mail.apk and e-mail.odex? If so, what program do I use? If not, how can i retrieve the files I want from them?

Okay since it's a tar file its a bit more complicated. DO you have a nandroid of your rom before you replaced the email app? If so, backup your current rom, restore to your old backup, go to /system/app and copy the odex file to your sd card. Then restore to your new backup and put the odex file back in /system/app.

iLeopard

Dec 12, 2011
College Station

If its an .img you should be able to mount it. Are you if using linux or Mac you should be able to mount without any additional software but if using windows you will have to extract or fund software that will mount drive images on the pc

CB620

Jan 6, 2009
When I want certain apks I go through root explorer and just copy/paste. Seems to be the easiest way. You can do that or adb pull.

robrazil

Nov 6, 2010
Finally !!
I found how do that after to waste a day to search one real solution.
Is only to use the ClassyKitchen free version for windows.
I found it here:
https://xdaforums.com/chef-central/android/tool-classykitchen-android-roms-t3862584
Basically, after to open the program, you will choose "create new project" on the tab "Projects utils", and choose the firmware from PC or from mobile root. So, the program will extract the folders and files to PROJECT/system folder, and you will can access them by windows explorer, including the app folder with all original apks.
I was looking for a way to restore the calculator apk after delete it before to find another to replace it.

[ ].
cool.gif

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts