Has anyone been able to pull ota the ics update yet?

Search This thread

harecurtis

Apr 28, 2011
No its being called realistic. I went through this way back in June when Verizon announced this very same thing. All the posts of is it out yet or anyone have it yet. Then all the posts of I hate Verizon and HTC. It's just going to repeat yet again when it's not released. Verizon isn't great about releasing ota in a timely manner. When they announce a release you have about a good 3 month wait if it comes out. How froyo was for the original droid and how it was for gingerbread for the bolt. So keep dreaming of seeing this release for the bolt coming soon. There's a lot more newer phones out now that will bump the bolt back down for updates lol.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2

Troll...

Dark Jedi

Sep 23, 2012
Dude just quit hanging out here. All you're doing is trolling. Go back to your new forums and stay because you're clearly not here to help. I thought the whole point of getting a "better" device was so you dont have to deal with am I getting an update blues. You seem to forget that your rezound is nearly as old as the bolt. They came out the same year if I recall correctly. You didn't get much of an upgrade if you ask me. It won't be long and you'll be crying a river about why isn't my rezound getting an update to key lime pie. They promised it.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

One wasn't an upgrade it was a replacement from a damaged phone. Two I never had upgrade blues. I learned back in the original droid days what Verizon says and does are two different things and not to put much stock in it.

Same can be said about the same people saying over and over can't wait for ics to be released. Wish they would hurry up and get it to us already. Don't hear me saying ok we get it. Thought this was s place to have a discussion about stuff. Sorry to try and being the voice of reason by saying don't get your hopes up too much on this release. I know it's only a matter of time before all the hate threads start popping up of how Verizon sucks and when my contract is up I am leaving yadda yadda yadda. Just like back in June.

I really liked my bolt and plan on getting another one for work. So why would I want to leave from here? Plus who put you in charge of dictating who can stay and who has to leave?

I will be staying and if you don't like it oh well. Better get use to it or leave. I will comment on anything I feel like. Just like everyone else on here does. So stop trying to be the self appointed mod of the thread.

disconnecktie

Oct 23, 2011
Thanks again troll. I think your buddies at the rezound forum miss you. Why don't you go ahead and do like I suggested an call Verizon tech support and ask them if the update is in their system? All previous rumors of the update were never once put into the system and the update PDFs were never posted.

Dark Jedi

Sep 23, 2012
Thanks again troll. I think your buddies at the rezound forum miss you. Why don't you go ahead and do like I suggested an call Verizon tech support and ask them if the update is in their system? All previous rumors of the update were never once put into the system and the update PDFs were never posted.

Sorry I beg to differ it was in their computer system. A person posted a picture. I called tech support about an issue with my wife's phone and asked them if what I saw was true and the tech guy even said yes it's in the system but it doesn't have a date to be released yet. So I guess you don't know everything now do you Mr know it all. Call me a troll all you want at least I am not acting like an ass as in jackass.you know the donkey, mule. You are entitled to your opinion so let me have mine and stop acting like you own the thunderbolt section. Plus I only had the rezound for like 4 days. So how can my people as you put it miss me? Maybe you should think before you post troll. I can do this all day in making you look like an ass. You know as in jackass. Have a nice day

arizonaomnia

May 29, 2009
No its being called realistic. I went through this way back in June when Verizon announced this very same thing. All the posts of is it out yet or anyone have it yet. Then all the posts of I hate Verizon and HTC. It's just going to repeat yet again when it's not released. Verizon isn't great about releasing ota in a timely manner. When they announce a release you have about a good 3 month wait if it comes out. How froyo was for the original droid and how it was for gingerbread for the bolt. So keep dreaming of seeing this release for the bolt coming soon. There's a lot more newer phones out now that will bump the bolt back down for updates lol.

The updates in September and December of 2011 arrived within a week of it being announced and the PDF posted, so I'm not sure that you know what you are talking about.

Reactions: zero26800

rlucas2k

Nov 28, 2010
The last few pages are filled with bickering back and forth. You both might be right or you both might be wrong at least on some things, but I think you both made your opinions clear.

This is now becoming the same arguments reinterated over and over like a broken record. Why not just continue the argument in PM's.

Sent from my ADR6400L using xda app-developers app

disconnecktie

Oct 23, 2011
Sorry I beg to differ it was in their computer system. A person posted a picture. I called tech support about an issue with my wife's phone and asked them if what I saw was true and the tech guy even said yes it's in the system but it doesn't have a date to be released yet. So I guess you don't know everything now do you Mr know it all. Call me a troll all you want at least I am not acting like an ass as in jackass.you know the donkey, mule. You are entitled to your opinion so let me have mine and stop acting like you own the thunderbolt section. Plus I only had the rezound for like 4 days. So how can my people as you put it miss me? Maybe you should think before you post troll. I can do this all day in making you look like an ass. You know as in jackass. Have a nice day

I just got off the phone with vzw tech support and the ota was pushed to the server yesterday and will be available today. So who is the jackass now? Trolls gonna troll I guess....

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2

zero26800

Oct 3, 2010
Nuff said. No one should be posting speculation. Just posting that its coming through....

Sent from my GT-P3113 using xda app-developers app

zero26800

Oct 3, 2010
Nuff said. No one should be posting speculation. Just posting that its coming through.... or stuff like what eas just said about it being pushed to the servers.

I apologize for the double post

Sent from my GT-P3113 using xda app-developers app

Last edited:

hallstevenson

Feb 7, 2010
Germantown OH
I just got off the phone with vzw tech support and the ota was pushed to the server yesterday and will be available today. So who is the jackass now? Trolls gonna troll I guess....
I'm sorry -- you believe what they tell you ? :silly:

Really people, you know the best way to know that it's really, really available ? SOMEONE'S PHONE WILL GET THE NOTIFICATION AND THEY'LL POST SCREENSHOTS AND WHAT-NOT !! Otherwise, believe it when you see it !

zero26800

Oct 3, 2010
Update is being pushed downloading now.

Sent from my ADR6400L using xda app-developers app

mfucci

Jul 11, 2012
Update just went up. Downloading now. Size: 395.638 MB. Location: Northwest Montana.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I have the pathced hboot that won't let itself be overwritten by an ota. I rooted in July 2011, though with the original jcase method and flashed the patched boot loader a long time ago too. Do the newer root methods not flash the hardened bootloader?

Sent from my ADR6400L using xda premium

I'll let you know after bricking a phone tonight for you guys.
    Alrighty then....LOL.
    The S4 is what the S3 should have been and the iphone 5 is what the iphone 4 should have been.
    Let us have our moment, we waited long enough and we still have a Thunderbolt.
    Rezound forums slow?

Love ya guys, but c'mon. :eek:
    I don't see what the Rezound has to do with the Thunderbolt getting a long awaited update.
    It's almost as if those who gave up at the last minute and moved on, regret it now.
    That's just the way it appears, I'm sure you laughed a little, I did too.

Oh now I see what it is.....we got 4.0.4 official, rather then 4.0.3
    I'm sorry.
    Anyone wanna grab it and upload it before applying?
    LINK

---------- Post added at 09:28 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:18 AM ----------

Nevermind, it's being uploaded for me right now.
    Expect a stock rooted today...

Dude just quit hanging out here. All you're doing is trolling. Go back to your new forums and stay because you're clearly not here to help. I thought the whole point of getting a "better" device was so you dont have to deal with am I getting an update blues. You seem to forget that your rezound is nearly as old as the bolt. They came out the same year if I recall correctly. You didn't get much of an upgrade if you ask me. It won't be long and you'll be crying a river about why isn't my rezound getting an update to key lime pie. They promised it.

There's no need to ask, it just creates cruft. When someone gets it, they'll post. And if people stop posting "Mom, are we there yet?" messages, everyone won't have to wade through pages of them to see it.

Dude? He was probably just asking because he wanted to flash back to stock or so he could download it. You do not have to post if you have an issue with him posting "Mom are we there yet."

Not to be rude people like you are the reason noobs hate posting/reading to/from forums.

/rant