LT30p firmware on LT30at keeping LTE support

Search This thread

Spectre51

Okay people now that I have been able to create a stock AT&T LT30at ftf file: https://docs.google.com/open?id=0ByrrmqPijqISREZpSE16bWdKV1E I went ahead with testing if I could flash a generic LT30p firmware on my LT30at EXCLUDING the baseband so I could keep LTE.

I used the LT30p firmware version 7.0.A.3.195 generic and flashed it through flashtools wiping everything but excluding the baseband. By doing this I was able to keep LTE support and have a generic unbranded firmware. I then restored all my apps using the included backup & restore app ( I had manually installed it on the LT30at firmware previously)

ScreenShot2013-01-15at102811PM_zps98810f85.png

Everything went fine but of course I couldn't root using Bin4ry's method with the firmware I used. Also tethering works without issue. I did have to setup the AT&T LTE apn which can be found here: http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=27979729&postcount=4

Last edited:

gregbradley

Retired Forum Moderator
I have an ATT xperia TL with a locked bootloader, don't think I'll be able to flash custom kernals

Unlock the bootloader to flash custom kernels. Use this method from the official sony website, then flash the advanced stock kernel which has root.

This should work unless AT&T have done somethg nasty, in which case why do you bother with that provider, just change to another company

I

Id Arcanum

Unlock the bootloader to flash custom kernels. Use this method from the official sony website, then flash the advanced stock kernel which has root.

This should work unless AT&T have done somethg nasty, in which case why do you bother with that provider, just change to another company

ATT TL bootloader is locked as in not unlockable.

Sent from my Xperia T

gregbradley

Retired Forum Moderator
ATT TL bootloader is locked as in not unlockable.

Sent from my Xperia T

Ouch, why would you get an AT&T phone then.....with no prospect of community unlock (Test point is not a viable method) then it seems unless you can get a dev to work on root you are stuck. And I think that will be a low priority for devs atm. As far as I know Bin4ryhas not worked on it since it came it...so you may be stuck with it.

mrdommike

Sep 25, 2012
Houston
Ouch, why would you get an AT&T phone then.....with no prospect of community unlock (Test point is not a viable method) then it seems unless you can get a dev to work on root you are stuck. And I think that will be a low priority for devs atm. As far as I know Bin4ryhas not worked on it since it came it...so you may be stuck with it.

Unfortunately AT&T is the only carrier in the US that sells Sony phones. Also Sony hasn't released an unlocked Xperia T for the US and I doubt they will since it's exclusive to AT&T right now.

I

Id Arcanum

I am from Europe, have unlocked T :). Just wrote what I read.

Sent from my Xperia T

gregbradley

Retired Forum Moderator
Sony’s new flagship Android smartphone, the Sony Xperia TL is now available with US mobile carrier AT&T, the handset will set you bakc $99.99 when you sign up to a new two year contract with AT&T, the device is also available unlocked for $449.99.
http://www.geeky-gadgets.com/sony-xperia-tl-lands-on-att-05-11-2012/

Doesnt this mean it is available on other carriers? In which case its bootloader should be unloackable.
Forgive me if i am wrong, I am from UK.

asterix005

Aug 17, 2007
That site is wrong. The LTE equipped TL is not available unlocked anywhere "yet". Sony is talking about releasing and unlocked unbranded TL in the US but.its just talk right now.

Sent from my Sony Xperia™ ion

AT&T sucks in this regard. I have their xperia play phone that came out more the a year ago and still today only way to unlock bootloader is via setool2.

Imdking

Apr 23, 2009
Columbus, OH
That site is wrong. The LTE equipped TL is not available unlocked anywhere "yet". Sony is talking about releasing and unlocked unbranded TL in the US but.its just talk right now.

They said the same thing about the ion. 2 months ago I was on sonystyle.com and almost ordered the ion, but called and talked to a rep, and told me "not unlocked yet". He took my particulars so they can call me when the unlocked one became available. Needless to say..........

I say an unlocked TL ain't happening, ever!

Spectre51

They said the same thing about the ion. 2 months ago I was on sonystyle.com and almost ordered the ion, but called and talked to a rep, and told me "not unlocked yet". He took my particulars so they can call me when the unlocked one became available. Needless to say..........

I say an unlocked TL ain't happening, ever!

They hadn't been talking about unlocked ion at least not the US market. I have a friend at Sony that deals US Xperia sales. TL is being talked about though. But its not his decision that comes from higher ups. Hopefully they do. Of course for the ion you could always buy a lt28i (though no support in the US) for the TL it isn't that simple as the T doesn't have LTE like the TL.

Last edited:

bagofsnakes

May 6, 2010
Okay people now that I have been able to create a stock AT&T LT30at ftf file: https://docs.google.com/open?id=0ByrrmqPijqISREZpSE16bWdKV1E I went ahead with testing if I could flash a generic LT30p firmware on my LT30at EXCLUDING the baseband so I could keep LTE.

I used the LT30p firmware version 7.0.A.3.195 generic and flashed it through flashtools wiping everything but excluding the baseband. By doing this I was able to keep LTE support and have a generic unbranded firmware. I then restored all my apps using the included backup & restore app ( I had manually installed it on the LT30at firmware previously)

Everything went fine but of course I couldn't root using Bin4ry's method with the firmware I used. Also tethering works without issue. I did have to setup the AT&T LTE apn which can be found here: http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=27979729&postcount=4

Thanks for all the effort your putting in for the community here. I'd like to get all the AT&T software on the phone and this sounds like they way to do it. How do you exclude the baseband when your flashing?

Thanks

Spectre51

Thanks for all the effort your putting in for the community here. I'd like to get all the AT&T software on the phone and this sounds like they way to do it. How do you exclude the baseband when your flashing?

Thanks

In flashtools just before you start the flash there is a check box on the right that says exclude baseband. Just check that.

Sent from my Sony Xperia™ P

305nole

Jan 24, 2011
MIUI on TL

Hey Spectre51 although the bootloader is locked on the TL do you think it can have MIUI like liuxueyuan1990 has for the ION?

bagofsnakes

May 6, 2010

Is this the one you used to flash your TL?

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1952716

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

ScreenShot2013-01-15at102811PM_zps98810f85.png

Thanks

In flashtools just before you start the flash there is a check box on the right that says exclude baseband. Just check that.

Sent from my Sony Xperia™ P

Yes

Sent from my Sony Xperia™ TL
    When you flashed with CWM, will you not lose LTE?

What is the purpose of flashing 3.195 with flashtools again after that?

When you flash the 3.195 rooted zip(rom) with cwm you are changing the rom, baseband(lte radio) stays intact, you flash stock 3.195 stock kernel with flashtools so it(rom) will function properly (I read that this must be done so there will be no issues)