Cast Screen to Chromecast

Search This thread

ShiroEd

Aug 29, 2009
Hey gang,

Have any of you tried the new Chromecast Cast Screen feature yet?

It keeps 'Connecting' then 'Disconnecting' for me.
My girlfriend's Galaxy S4 works perfectly on our Chromecast but on my G3 it doesn't.

I can't help but wonder if it's the QHD screen it's struggling with. The G3 is one of the supported devices so I'm assuming that it's been tested.

If any of you guys have had success it'd be helpful to know.

It's an AWESOME feature by the way!

Lennyuk

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jan 26, 2010
Suffolk, England
Hey gang,

Have any of you tried the new Chromecast Cast Screen feature yet?

It keeps 'Connecting' then 'Disconnecting' for me.
My girlfriend's Galaxy S4 works perfectly on our Chromecast but on my G3 it doesn't.

I can't help but wonder if it's the QHD screen it's struggling with. The G3 is one of the supported devices so I'm assuming that it's been tested.

If any of you guys have had success it'd be helpful to know.

It's an AWESOME feature by the way!

Firstly are you on ART or Dalvik?

Try clearing cache and data for the Chromecast app then uninstall it, reboot and install from the market and try again.

ShiroEd

Aug 29, 2009
Firstly are you on ART or Dalvik?

Try clearing cache and data for the Chromecast app then uninstall it, reboot and install from the market and try again.

I'm on ART. Do your think that might make a difference?

I'll try changing back tonight.

Ta

Sent from my LG-D855 using XDA Free mobile app

jutley

Mar 23, 2006
UK
I get the same just a blank screen it does state it's a beta I am also using art anyone on dalvik getting the same?

ShiroEd

Aug 29, 2009
I get the same just a blank screen it does state it's a beta I am also using art anyone on dalvik getting the same?

The behaviour on mine is as follows:

I click on Cast Screen
The app says its Connecting
The picture on my TV goes from default Chromecast wallpaper to a black screen
The app says its Disconnecting
The Chromecast icon in the notification shade continues to say its connecting
Then NUFFINK!

My girlfriend's GS4 connects immediately with almost no lag.

Lennyuk

Jan 26, 2010
Suffolk, England

I have been on ART since I got the phone, and at the risk of taking this off topic, I am starting to believe that most of the benefits of being on ART are actually placebo (just converted back to Dalvik and the phone feels exactly the same).

I will be testing casting when I get home.

stinkypoo

Mar 7, 2014
Don't tell me it doesn't work either mirror cast is bobbins so I got one through the £18.99 TV deal

Lennyuk

Jan 26, 2010
Suffolk, England
The behaviour on mine is as follows:

I click on Cast Screen
The app says its Connecting
The picture on my TV goes from default Chromecast wallpaper to a black screen
The app says its Disconnecting
The Chromecast icon in the notification shade continues to say its connecting
Then NUFFINK!

My girlfriend's GS4 connects immediately with almost no lag.

Exactly the same as what I had been getting (but I was on ART). I know some people on here have said they got it working on the G3 though, so something must just be preventing ours from working.

jutley

Mar 23, 2006
UK
Someone said you need the latest chromecast app beta which is not avaliable on App Store yet for mirroring to work so where is it?

ShiroEd

Aug 29, 2009
Someone said you need the latest chromecast app beta which is not avaliable on App Store yet for mirroring to work so where is it?

The Chromecast app in the play store is the one that is working on my girlfriends GS4. The feature is in Beta but the app is just the latest version.

Lennyuk

Jan 26, 2010
Suffolk, England
Mine is working now, I did two things so please try them in order (1 first, then if that doesn't work try 2)

1) Clear Cache and Data on the chromecast app, uninstall it, reboot then reinstall from the play store.

See if cast is working

If not try step 2

2) Switch to Dalvik

One (or both) of these two things managed to get screen mirroring working for me.

Reactions: ShiroEd

ShiroEd

Aug 29, 2009
Mine is working now, I did two things so please try them in order (1 first, then if that doesn't work try 2)

1) Clear Cache and Data on the chromecast app, uninstall it, reboot then reinstall from the play store.

See if cast is working

If not try step 2

2) Switch to Dalvik

One (or both) of these two things managed to get screen mirroring working for me.

Success!

I first tried step 1 but no luck. Step 2, switching back to Dalvik did the trick.

And as ART currently makes no real perceptible improvement IMO and experience I'm happy to stick to Dalvik until a bit further down the line.

Cheers LennyUK!

Reactions: Lennyuk

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I'm on ART. Do your think that might make a difference?

I'll try changing back tonight.

Ta

I was wondering if it might make a difference, but try my other suggestion first.

See if cast is working

If not try step 2

2) Switch to Dalvik

See if cast is working

If not try step 2

2) Switch to Dalvik

Success!

I first tried step 1 but no luck. Step 2, switching back to Dalvik did the trick.

And as ART currently makes no real perceptible improvement IMO and experience I'm happy to stick to Dalvik until a bit further down the line.

Cheers LennyUK!