openback

Mar 12, 2008
New York City
app-header.png

This app is for systems with root access only. It offers 3 main functions:

• Apply selected TTF fonts to the system
  • Backup system fonts to /sdcard/Fonts
  • Restore backed up fonts from /sdcard/Fonts
Place any TTF files you have in /sdcard/Fonts for easiest access.

In order for Android to reload its system fonts, the system must be rebooted after applying. Also, most ROM updates will overwrite your fonts with the default ones while installing. To easily restore, simply find a set of fonts that work well for you and then select Backup fonts so that you can restore them later. Be aware that this simply overwrites any existing backup you have, so you may want to save the original fonts elsewhere if you think you may need them.

It can be downloaded from the Market, or directly from the Downloads section of the github repository

Screenshots:
screenshot1.png
screenshot2.png

Graphic and icon by minusbaby

Scan to install:
qrcode.png

Last edited:

enatefox

Jul 4, 2008
Hey OP, if you need help getting root, check out my app I made a while back. It gets root then runs raw shell commands. Should be what you need.. direct link. I posted the whole Eclipse workbench so you can see the code. There's more than enough comments to see what to do.

shizzy1427

Jan 19, 2010
I got the error could not remount too.
I think this is the relevant section of the logcat

Code:
I/Type Fresh( 1619): Remounting /system rw
D/su      ( 1628): 10107:10107 net.pixelpod.typefresh executing 0:0 /system/bin/
sh
E/Type Fresh( 1619): Error remounting: "Usage: mount [-r] [-w] [-o options] [-t
type] device directory"
E/Type Fresh( 1619): Could not remount, returning
I/NotificationService( 1033): enqueueToast pkg=net.pixelpod.typefresh callback=a
ndroid.app.ITransientNotification$Stub$Proxy@458ed0d0 duration=0
D/dalvikvm( 1107): GC freed 2286 objects / 120776 bytes in 118ms

Also, off-topic, what theme are you using for the notification bar in the screenshots? It's nice.

Last edited:

jUgGsY

Apr 4, 2010
Minneapolis
I also get this with my Hero running Fresh 2.0d

Code:
I/Type Fresh( 1864): Remounting /system rw
D/su      ( 1876): 10067:10067 net.pixelpod.typefresh executing 0:0 /system/bin/sh
E/Type Fresh( 1864): Error remounting: "Usage: mount [-r] [-w] [-o options] [-t type] device directory"
E/Type Fresh( 1864): Could not remount, returning
I/NotificationService(   79): enqueueToast pkg=net.pixelpod.typefresh callback=android.app.ITransientNotification$Stub$P
roxy@4502a400 duration=0

I also get a FC if I try to backup the fonts a second time.

suree_n

Very good idea to have this kind of application.

I try with my rhodium android with SQUASH file system but failed.

It seems to allow to apply the replace font one font at a time when try to apply the second one, the program crashed. But even I apply one font and then exit and reapply the second font, so and so, there is still no change in the system fonts.

May be it cannot work with file system SQUASH ???

elupton

Aug 31, 2009
Norfolk
Yeah, not working

So, I tried getting this from the download area directly on my phone, and I downloaded the .apk and loaded it via mounted SD Card.

Neither worked. During Packake Installer, it just says it can't be installed.

I've got root access (I frequently use WiFi Tether. When I use Terminal Emulator and type "su" I get the "#" response). I did this through the ADB method on unlockr.com

Does it only work on certain versions of Android? I'm running 1.5 on my Sprint HTC Hero.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

britoso

Jan 13, 2010
Orlando
found this via android spin. trying it out now...

Is this for font name to font-file mapping?
I get a FC on apply and restore.

Last edited:

openback

Mar 12, 2008
New York City
Sorry for the late reply, I've been a bit busy the past couple of days!

I got the error could not remount too.
I think this is the relevant section of the logcat

Code:
I/Type Fresh( 1619): Remounting /system rw
D/su      ( 1628): 10107:10107 net.pixelpod.typefresh executing 0:0 /system/bin/
sh
E/Type Fresh( 1619): Error remounting: "Usage: mount [-r] [-w] [-o options] [-t

Also, off-topic, what theme are you using for the notification bar in the screenshots? It's nice.

Thanks! I believe I may have been a little too unspecific in my remount command. I should have an update rolling out tonight that should rectify that problem! And the theme is just a Black Bar Mod

May be it cannot work with file system SQUASH ???

I need to look into SQUASH, as this is actually the first I've heard of it. Hopefully I can get it working for you tonight as well.

Does it only work on certain versions of Android? I'm running 1.5 on my Sprint HTC Hero.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

As of right now, yes, sorry. I'll see if I can change that. I was under the impression that all rooted users would all be at 1.6 by now. I guess not!

found this via android spin. trying it out now...

Is this for font name to font-file mapping?
I get a FC on apply and restore.

All it does is overwrite the system fonts with whatever you're selecting. FC on either function? Could you show me what logcat says?

britoso

Jan 13, 2010
Orlando
OK tried todays version 0.9.2,
heres the error when I click "Apply"
Code:
E/Type Fresh( 1921): java.io.FileNotFoundException: /etc/fstab
D/su      ( 2045): 10052:10052 net.pixelpod.typefresh executing 0:0 /system/bin/sh
The error popup said
Error Remounting: Could not remount /system

Similar error on restore:
Code:
E/Type Fresh( 2062): java.io.FileNotFoundException: /etc/fstab
D/su      ( 2144): 10052:10052 net.pixelpod.typefresh executing 0:0 /system/bin/sh
I did give it SU permission when I chose the new font. I'm on CM 5.0.6.1

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    app-header.png

This app is for systems with root access only. It offers 3 main functions:

• Apply selected TTF fonts to the system
    • Backup system fonts to /sdcard/Fonts
    • Restore backed up fonts from /sdcard/Fonts
    Place any TTF files you have in /sdcard/Fonts for easiest access.

In order for Android to reload its system fonts, the system must be rebooted after applying. Also, most ROM updates will overwrite your fonts with the default ones while installing. To easily restore, simply find a set of fonts that work well for you and then select Backup fonts so that you can restore them later. Be aware that this simply overwrites any existing backup you have, so you may want to save the original fonts elsewhere if you think you may need them.

It can be downloaded from the Market, or directly from the Downloads section of the github repository

Screenshots:
    screenshot1.png
    screenshot2.png

Graphic and icon by minusbaby

Scan to install:
    qrcode.png
    FOR THOSE OF YOU HAVING THIS ISSUE FOLLOW THIS

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=846384

CREDIT TO SOMBIONIX

I USE TO HAVE THE ERROR.

IT WORKED PERFECTLY FOR MY VIBRANT SWITCH TO ZEGOE FONT, PLEASE MAKE SURE YOU USE THE CORRECT FILE CAUSE I SELECT THE INCORRECT ONE AND MY EXT SD WAS PROMPT AS A CD REFLASHED WITH THE OTHER ONE AND PROBLEM SOLVED.

PLEASE HIT THE THANKS BOTTOM

Dude this is just for Vibrant crap and has nothing to do with other phones or the error some of us are having.

Sometimes it works just fine, sometimes it refuses to 'remount /system' even if I manually remount system as RW. App also fails to reboot when it does finally decide to work. App hasn't been updated since October either, there are better options out now with more frequent updates.