Sensation XE update Live in the UK

Search This thread

sleepymonk

Aug 25, 2009
East Harling,Norfolk,
Maybe HTC are doing updates in batchs...Serial number or someother way to stop everyone updating at same time and crashing server..

and if you have branded phone doesnt the software have togo to the network carrier first and they do there bit and if the network decided it worth releasing then send it back to HTC for release..so that might even be longer

My Hero was a lock network phone and it never got a update to the lastest firmware i had to unbranded and then do update myself.

hpsauce37

Sep 10, 2010
Xiaomi 13
im in uk with what i think is an unbranded xe supplied by orange (it has no logos or orange software on it anywhere)

I get nothing when i try the ota update however my phone is rooted but running the standard xe software now as i couldnt find any of the custom roms that were not bug free enough for me to stick with them.

Is this the reason why i dont get the ota notification? Do i need to put my device back to being completly stock ie no root etc?

can this update not be done by connecting to htc sync?

thanks

---------- Post added at 01:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:33 PM ----------

My software version is 1.73.401.4 if this makes any difference

kernel version 2.6.35.13-g2299e28

baseband 11.653504.00u_11.19.3504.29_2

not sure what any of this really means but can someone maybe explain it to me

thanks

---------- Post added at 01:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:36 PM ----------

my phone also says

***locked***
pyramid pvt ship s-off rl

hboot 1.23.000

if any of this makes a difference.

jasminthoria

Oct 22, 2011
London
It's really frustrating how long we all have to wait to taste ICS???

Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710e using xda premium

jasminthoria

Oct 22, 2011
London
Still no ICS ON MY unbrandad simfree sensation ...... How long we all have to wait?

Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710e using xda premium

ajftl

Mar 30, 2010
I thought the xe was gonna get sense 4.0. Wondering if the xl would get since comes with sense 3.6 already. Anyway. I doubt it.

Sent from my LT26i using Tapatalk

Spence1115

Mar 11, 2012
Anyone notice any battery life improvement on ics?

Sent from my HTC Sensation XE with Beats Audio Z715e using xda premium

My update came through on Thursday afternoon, and whilst I am using an Anker battery, the battery life has improved dramatically for me since the update. 16 hours of usage today away from the charger, and it only dropped to 49%. Usually by that point it was complaining of low battery all the time. Big improvement.

Reactions: stewalker

stewalker

Apr 8, 2010
nottingham
Still waiting! Anyone else using xe on orange that's got it?

Timmey92

Oct 22, 2010
What does S-OFF do? WIll you loose warranty? Can you turn it back to S-ON later?
When flashing the OTA manually, can you still receive new OTA updates?

marmin

Sep 1, 2007
Yorkshire
Google Pixel 6 Pro
I'm not really an expert, but have rooted desire etc. S-off is very simple if you do the unrevoked method (the only thing missing from their instructions is to change from Disk drive/charging to HTC sync on the phone). Its not as scary as rooting. Would imagine its reverible but in my experience they never check for that in warranty, they would just revert to factory. Again not sure about the future OTA updates, but lets face it if its this easy to flash a STOCK OTA manually, would you ever wait again?

stewalker

Apr 8, 2010
nottingham
Got sick of waiting for fota so I flashed. I have to say though it is much better than 2.3. Feels like a new phone. Really really smooth. Some nice little additions so sense aswell.

LilChinchster

Feb 18, 2012
I mailed HTC after getting fed up of constantly pressing that 'check now' button

"I cannot give you an exact date you will get the update as the server will send the update to 30.000 devices at a time, then move to the next batch. It is impossible to say when you will get the update. The update is currently being sent to all unbranded models of this device if you have a branded handset this will take some time more to come through to you.

The roll out process takes 6-8 weeks. You could receive the update anywhere in this time, providing you are unbranded."

Let's just hope were in the next batch :)

Reactions: UKseagull

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I think you can check with your CID but not sure how, otherwise if you have logos like the O2 animation on boot-up or operator specific apps i.e. 'bloatware' then it's likely to be branded.

If you got it on contract from O2 direct then I'm guessing it would be branded, if it was from somewhere like Dial a Phone but on a Vodafone contract for instance, it's likely to be unbranded.
    I'm on giffgaff which runs on the o2 network, and my sensation is factory unlocked, so I presume it is being rolled out by o2.
    Ota updates are rolled out by HTC - the operator only has a say if the ROM on the phone is branded

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda premium

I was on wat u r on and I got it

Anyone notice any battery life improvement on ics?

My update came through on Thursday afternoon, and whilst I am using an Anker battery, the battery life has improved dramatically for me since the update. 16 hours of usage today away from the charger, and it only dropped to 49%. Usually by that point it was complaining of low battery all the time. Big improvement.